Sign in to follow this  
unique

Farke’s weakness starting to surface

The last two teams we've played have set up to deny us.

Neither have really come out to play to win.

In these circumstances our hope is to dominate the possession and wear them down to the point where we can create some openings but this approach also requires us to be very precise in the final third. 

We have players who can produce the sort of sublime football that is needed in these tight games but it isn't something that can simply be produced on a whim and in the last two games we've had several nearly moments.

Pukki against a back three is a big ask too. We've just been a little out of sync of late, nothing more. Big changes aren't needed. 

If we can get Giannoulis working in behind then even teams who want to mark Pukki out of a game will have difficulties playing us.

We are a long way from being promoted but we have several players coming back. It will be interesting to see how Farke sets up for the Swansea game.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Throw soto in... nothing to lose, farke wants to see what he's all about. Chuck him in the deep end 

You mean like people claimed there was nothing to lose throwing greek boy in to deep end....the same people now whinging about the fact he was.

The lack of logical thinking on this forum is staggering.

Edited by Jerrykerry

What a thread of pant wetting idiocy.

Moaning farke hadn't changed things enough, while simultaneously acknowledging all the players mentioned as replacements are barely in full training after injury ....

What absolute idiocy.

Two games against teams who sit back, two games where although our bench looked stronger it was actually full of half fit players who barely made an impression when introduced.

Then moaning we didn't have enough left backs replaced by moaning we are playing one, rather than the player we moaned had to play there.

Can any of you string together a thought that isn't idiotic or totally illogical?

Farke has ground out two tough draws against teams set up to frustrate and defend, with one striker off the boil and 7 or more regular coming back half fit.

Top of the league and getting stronger in depth each game.

You moaning twonks. 

Edited by Jerrykerry
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

You mean like people claimed there was nothing to lose throwing green boy in to deep end....the same people now whinging about the fact he was.

Who's green boy??

23 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Moaning farke hadn't changed things enough, while simultaneously acknowledging all the players mentioned as replacements are barely in full training after injury ....

What absolute idiocy.

Two games against teams who sit back, two games where although our bench looked stronger it was actually full of half fit players who barely made an impression when introduced.

Then moaning we didn't have enough left backs replaced by moaning we are playing one, rather than the player we moaned had to play there.

Can any of you string together a thought that isn't idiotic or totally illogical?

Farke has ground out two tough draws against teams set up to frustrate and defend, with one striker off the boil and 7 or more regular coming back half fit.

You moaning twonks. 

One of those mentioned was Sorensen who looked pretty fit before being dropped

35 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

What absolute idiocy.

You moaning twonks. 

I want you to promise you'll complete your anger management course. 

Sorenson at left back for Friday. He's been solid and creative in that position and must be disappointed to have lost his place. 

Nothing against our new signing,  I think he's been ok and its obvious he needs some minutes to settle. 

Hernandez needs to start and Mumba to come on at some point. 

1 hour ago, Jerrykerry said:

You mean like people claimed there was nothing to lose throwing greek boy in to deep end....the same people now whinging about the fact he was.

Well we keep bringing idah on with 3 mins to go every now and again.. he hasn't really done much. I dont think the Greek lad shouldve gone straight in and sorensen should of kept his place. Pukki will get run into the ground before long. Hugill out for a while. Not really lack of logical thinking. Have you seen soto goals and play in Holland?! 

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

But to respond Thirsty, you didn't contribute anything on the match thread yesterday or today. So were you happy with the performance and have nothing to add while others have tried to talk over and analyse what has gone wrong recently?

I'm flattered that you noticed my absence KG. 🙂 

Obviously it wasn't a very good performance, but I think there were plenty of mitigating circumstances - in particular the state of the pitch - and as others have pointed out Millwall have done very similar things to our rivals at the New Den as they did to us last night. If it was up to me I would consider bringing in McLean and Sorensen for the Swansea match on Friday night for Mario and Rupp. (My comment which you responded to was tongue in cheek - hence the upside down smiley). 

8 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Throw soto in... nothing to lose, farke wants to see what he's all about. Chuck him in the deep end 

Yes I agree, get some fresh legs in there. Also we are a more creative dynamic team with Josh Martin playing

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Obviously it wasn't a very good performance, but I think there were plenty of mitigating circumstances - in particular the state of the pitch - and as others have pointed out Millwall have done very similar things to our rivals at the New Den as they did to us last night. If it was up to me I would consider bringing in McLean and Sorensen for the Swansea match on Friday night for Mario and Rupp. (My comment which you responded to was tongue in cheek - hence the upside down smiley). 

Sorry, I thought you were having a dig at posters. And you normally have a view on the game that among a few others, I always read.

Thing is, I think much of the opinion is not about the state of the pitch or opposition. Its why haven't we scored for three games and whats the answer.

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I’d go with this plus Idah for Placheta

Farke's substitions have gone from being inspired Mumba & Martin v Swansea and Vrancic & idah v Birmingham to making poor decisions.  Leaving Vrancic & Pukki on too long and not making positive changes to improve performance, need to make decisions before the 85th minute.

What has Josh Martin done not to merit a position on subs bench, has proved can be creative when used?  

21 hours ago, canarycat said:

we've lost 2 games in 23 lads.

Precisely. Still reasonably clear at the top, unbeaten in six, really tight at the back etc. Just struggling to score at the moment. I can understand frustrations around the lack of subs but he obviously wants to keep what he considers his most effective players on the field for as long as he can while also dealing with fitness of those returning from injuries. 

Bottom line is that teams who win leagues or promotions will go through dips in form 999 times out of a thousand. Always been the way throughout football history. So keep those pants dry. 

• Like 1

It’s the same problem that Farke has always had. His changes are nearly alway reactive not proactive. He doesn’t have a plan B. What we start with is his expected route to victory. If that fails inevitably we fail on the day to achieve the desired result.

Yes I know there have been exceptions but they are rare and often down to individual brilliance rather than tactical genius. 

So many experts here.

Its time Klopp was sacked too. Not only do his team not score but they let one in as well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, duke63 said:

So many experts here.

Its time Klopp was sacked too. Not only do his team not score but they let one in as well.

Was thinking about Liverpool last night, they have really struggled to score since putting seven past Palace in December. It can happen to the best. 

And he made subs with lots of time left.....

47 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

It’s the same problem that Farke has always had. His changes are nearly alway reactive not proactive. He doesn’t have a plan B. What we start with is his expected route to victory. If that fails inevitably we fail on the day to achieve the desired result.

Yes I know there have been exceptions but they are rare and often down to individual brilliance rather than tactical genius. 

AKA his changes are not those of a random Pink Un poster sitting on his couch.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Yeah! And how long is it going to be before Regan Riley gets a game FFS?!? 😡

14 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

I want you to promise you'll complete your anger management course. 

A d when he's  completed  that, there is an online  diplomacy  course available  .😇

Norwich need to be smarter with the ball and actually take some shots, that's all it is. Teams sitting back shouldn't have to be a problem for us, we are more than capable of playing good possession football, the main issue has been our passing quality in recent games has been shocking which means our moves break down before they can become a threat. We will also miss Emi's ability to suddenly pick a pass. There's no doubt we will find it easier against teams who create space for us to break into it, but we've beaten plenty of teams that sit deep to hold us off, we just need to create some chances and have some shots!

I really wish Steipi was fit, as he would be the perfect solution to our lack of gusto in midfield, he's a big lump to give us some presence, but most important he's probably not far off Emi from picking out key passes on a good day, plus he can finish. Dowell just hasn't had the chance to do much yet, and Vrancic hasn't hit the mark which is a shame as he's generally played quite well but should have scored in the past few games. Will also be nice to see McLean back hopefully, he was in good form before the virus struck.

17 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Well we keep bringing idah on with 3 mins to go every now and again.. he hasn't really done much. I dont think the Greek lad shouldve gone straight in and sorensen should of kept his place. Pukki will get run into the ground before long. Hugill out for a while. Not really lack of logical thinking. Have you seen soto goals and play in Holland?! 

If there is one player that seems to totally confuse me and that's Idah , in what he actually has done to be thought of so positively ?

Yes, sure 3 goals in the cup game but honestly I don't know what else.

Not knocking him but confused why he seems to be so highly thought of.

4 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

AKA his changes are not those of a random Pink Un poster sitting on his couch.

Here's the problem. The subs are 'reactive'. By that process, all the games we've won (of which there are plenty more than losses) our decision not to make subs are thefore a 'proactive' decision not to change the flow of the game. And we've lost 2 in however many games, remember.

Which therefore gives Farke something around a 95% success rate on the decision on if we make a sub or not, going by PinkUn logic.

5 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

I would agree with this. He stumbled across the "bring Vrancic on for the last 20 minutes" sub earlier in the season which was working (as he had space against tired legs to cause some damage) but since we've been starting Mario we've lost that option. He did make proactive changes at Reading and has generally been a bit better wiht the subs this season but its still a bit too late and reactive to often for my liking. Even against Boro I felt he let it drift too long which culmianted in Emi getting frsutrated because we had no midfield platform in that second half and Boro were getting in top. 

2 hours ago, AJ said:

Norwich need to be smarter with the ball and actually take some shots, that's all it is. Teams sitting back shouldn't have to be a problem for us, we are more than capable of playing good possession football, the main issue has been our passing quality in recent games has been shocking which means our moves break down before they can become a threat. We will also miss Emi's ability to suddenly pick a pass. There's no doubt we will find it easier against teams who create space for us to break into it, but we've beaten plenty of teams that sit deep to hold us off, we just need to create some chances and have some shots!

I really wish Steipi was fit, as he would be the perfect solution to our lack of gusto in midfield, he's a big lump to give us some presence, but most important he's probably not far off Emi from picking out key passes on a good day, plus he can finish. Dowell just hasn't had the chance to do much yet, and Vrancic hasn't hit the mark which is a shame as he's generally played quite well but should have scored in the past few games. Will also be nice to see McLean back hopefully, he was in good form before the virus struck.

Agree with this also. We shoot when we should cross and we veryh often cross or try a pass when its crying out for a shot. to be fair, Farke identified this post match after Millwall but we really do need to be more direct in the final third and just try our luck from the edge of the box more often. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Agree with this also. We shoot when we should cross and we veryh often cross or try a pass when its crying out for a shot. to be fair, Farke identified this post match after Millwall but we really do need to be more direct in the final third and just try our luck from the edge of the box more often. 

Was a problem earlier this season, then we started taking shots and got 2 deflected goals in as many games! Vrancic especially often shoots from hopeless situations when he should look for the pass, or when he does get into a shooting position lacks any kind of conviction.

7 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Yeah! And how long is it going to be before Regan Riley gets a game FFS?!? 😡

Wow touchy... I feel our defensive situation is well covered. Attacking we look poor at the moment... ffs 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬😡😡😡😡😤😤😤😤😤

3 hours ago, Mr Tea said:

If there is one player that seems to totally confuse me and that's Idah , in what he actually has done to be thought of so positively ?

Yes, sure 3 goals in the cup game but honestly I don't know what else.

Not knocking him but confused why he seems to be so highly thought of.

I agree 

14 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Wow touchy... I feel our defensive situation is well covered. Attacking we look poor at the moment... ffs 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬😡😡😡😡😤😤😤😤😤

tenor(1).gif

• Haha 1