Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Bournemouth sack Tindall

They were in 2nd spot, 2 points clear after 20 games on 38 pts.
Now, 7 games later, they're only on 42 !
4 pts from 21 is rather woeful.

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Eddie Howe ? 

I thought exactly the same thing! I saw they just appointed Jonathan Woodgate as a first-team coach... surely they're not considering promoting him?!

32 minutes ago, K Lo said:

They were in 2nd spot, 2 points clear after 20 games on 38 pts.
Now, 7 games later, they're only on 42 !
4 pts from 21 is rather woeful.

But but but we drew twice! Clearly we are worse 😉

1 hour ago, Crafty Canary said:

Selling King to Everton suggests they don’t expect they will get automatic promotion this season.

His contract finished this summer and he had no intention of renewing.

Lampard favourite, I think he may wait for a better job tho. 

Howe to maybe return. Jokanovic or Bilic???

I know its risky but I'd probably look at the Barnsley manager Valerien Ismael.

• Like 1

Frank Lampard's AFC Bournemouth has a certain ring about it and he could lodge with Uncle Harry further along the coast while Christine goes house hunting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Don't think Lampard would get a better job than Bournemouth!!

There is also a link with his uncle Harry Redknapp so this could well happen imo.

Well that wasn't too hard to forecast was it? Though I did say he'd be gone before Christmas so was a month or so out.

Must be time for Watford to change too - they just lost a game. He won't see the month out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

Selling King to Everton suggests they don’t expect they will get automatic promotion this season.

To be fair King threw a massive hissy fit and refused to play (and when he did he clearly did not care) as soon as the transfer window opened.

There was a time when we promoted from within as did Liverpool. Now it isn't so fashionable.

I must admit, Tindall didn't seem comfortable with the media, very quiet spoken and uncomfortable all round.

Lampard obvious favourite because of the link but will he be able to do the same as he did at Derby and Chelsea. Derby were reckless and lucky not to be deducted points and Chelsea have spent more than any other club since the millenium.

Woodgate has just been put in temporary charge and is bookies favourite at 6/4 to get the job full time.

Source. Bournemouth Echo.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Woodgate has just been put in temporary charge and is bookies favourite at 6/4 to get the job full time.

Source. Bournemouth Echo.

I hope that's true because if so that's them definitely out of contention for the top two. 

That could be a tough ship to turn around. Could see Lampard taking it, but not till the summer perhaps. Even he could see that they have a lot of work to do and the window is closed so won't be able to get any old club favours in loans in...

Not sure how healthy Bournemouth's finances are likely to be. If I remember rightly Bournemouth (and Watford) borrowed against future tv payments last year.

1 hour ago, birchfest said:

That could be a tough ship to turn around. Could see Lampard taking it, but not till the summer perhaps. Even he could see that they have a lot of work to do and the window is closed so won't be able to get any old club favours in loans in...

I think Lampard will see himself above the likes of Bournemouth now, he'll probably wait until Bruce gets the sack before venturing back. 

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Not sure how healthy Bournemouth's finances are likely to be. If I remember rightly Bournemouth (and Watford) borrowed against future tv payments last year.

and a few more besides, as explained here

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/11/premier-league-clubs-australian-bank-macquarie-loans-tv-earnings

I expect Howe took to his heels when the financial position was laid before him in the summer, and Tindall was the cheapest option as manager