Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

VAR

Watching the United game, quite frankly I hope we do end up cocking this season up, so we don't have to put up with that utter shambles of a system. 

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Watching the United game, quite frankly I hope we do end up cocking this season up, so we don't have to put up with that utter shambles of a system. 

I've said my bit on var several times, although really, words can't express the utter hopelessness and ruination of the sport that it brings and in the way it is being used.   There HAS to be some alteration to the rules - they still get decisions wrong and the offside decisions are known not to be 100%  accurate, but they treat them as if they are.  It's pathetic and football is better off without it - or at least it needs to get used in a way that is sensible to the spirit of the game.  Useless, useless, useless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A simple concept (angles) ruined by the implementation. Hawkeye not possible given the area involved and the linear nature of the decision . 
Clear and obvious? Completely meaningless . It’s become one opinion v another .  
Shambles ,but EPL and POGMOL get what they deserve 

What gets me, VAR is still down to a decision by humans can’t trust the ref ,but we have to trust people in a room to decide.and they can decide what ever they want😤

2 hours ago, Deptford Yellow said:

If last nights game had been played with VAR I fear Millwall would have been awarded two penalties ... certainly the Giannoulis one...

That was 50-50, both players were at it.  If that had been given then what is the point of competing for a ball.  Ref got that decision spot on.