Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Jordan Rhodes

Wouldn't he be a cracking option to have had for the last two games.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Wouldn't get a game though as Farke won't drop or sub Pukki.

No offence, but don't you get bored of moaning mate? God knows what you would be like if we weren't top of the league.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ian said:

Wouldn't he be a cracking option to have had for the last two games.

What chances have we created that he would’ve scored in the last two games? I can’t see what we would’ve offered! 

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

What chances have we created that he would’ve scored in the last two games? I can’t see what we would’ve offered! 

You do realise that's not how football works right? Have you not considered it a possibility that if we had a player in the Hugill/Rhodes mould we might well have put a few more crosses in the box as per the Bristol City game?

Neither of us can say with any certainty but I think it would have given us a valuable outlet over the last couple of games especially.

58 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well the Bournemouth wobble is certainly a lot bigger than ours at the moment!

Wobble ? It's an utter collapse !
1 point from the last 5 games.

In the recent last-5-games league
Norwich are joint 2nd (11 pts), 2 points behind Brentford (13 pts).
Bournemouth are joint bottom with Huddersfield (1 pt)

14 minutes ago, Ian said:

You do realise that's not how football works right? Have you not considered it a possibility that if we had a player in the Hugill/Rhodes mould we might well have put a few more crosses in the box as per the Bristol City game?

Neither of us can say with any certainty but I think it would have given us a valuable outlet over the last couple of games especially.

Is there such thing as a Rhodes / Hugill mould? One is a poacher and the other is a target man? They’re not the same type of player, and incidentally I think we could’ve done with Hugill as a long-ball outlet / target man option the past few games with Pukki in the 10 spot. 

Either way I feel pretty confident saying specifically Rhodes would not have been the answer - but just my opinion of course. 

We’ve barely even created any crossing opportunities for a start! So where are we suddenly firing the ball in from now, the halfway line? We’ve been completely toothless in building meaningful attacks. If we can’t get the service to Pukki, who is always a willing runner and gets involved with our build up play, how we get it to a fox in the box player such as Rhodes? Someone who also can’t hold up the ball like Hugill would be able to? 

What we’ve missed more than anything in the last 3 games is the form / presence of Buendia and Cantwell! We’ve also missed the dynamism of McLean who was in the form of his life and Sorenson too who was really starting to excel at LB (I’m really surprised Farke dropped Sorenson when Giannoulis looks way off those levels at this stage).

Not Jordan bloody Rhodes!

didn’t say we should buy him. If you read my thread properly I said he scored the winner against Bournemouth. Hanks shootsSkyler