Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

Not just without a goal, we aren’t even creating chances any more. Something is really wrong with our attacking play at the moment. 

I'm starting to buy into this being a dreadful Championship in terms of quality. Imagine this side up against Worthy's title winners. It'd be a massacre.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Couldn't lay a glove on them.

A lot of the same players but we are currently looking so pedestrian and devoid of a spark.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

A lot of the same players but we are currently looking so pedestrian and devoid of a spark.

Inexcusable to allow players to perform so despicably bad but not get subbed until the game is nearly over. Sets an awful precedent, failure is acceptable. 

1 minute ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

295 minutes without conceding a goal in the league 

😎

20 more 0-0s and we might just make the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

295 minutes without conceding a goal in the league 

😎

Nowhere near the 2018/19 team

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Nowhere near the 2018/19 team

We won 3-1 at The Den that season.

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

I didn't realise we have to replicate every result from two years ago

Its mental. Weve scored less but conceded less. We've attained more points, which is pretty important.

Couple of poorer performances and the bedwetting begins. Couldn't have called it at all could you?

• Like 3

The whining seems a tad OTT to me.

We didn't lose.

We are unbeaten in how long?

We have 55 points from 27 games.

We were never going to win every game.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

The whining seems a tad OTT to me.

We didn't lose.

We are unbeaten in how long?

We have 55 points from 27 games.

We were never going to win every game.

If only we were Bournemouth. 

Sure, we would have 12 less points.

But we'd have scored a couple more goals.

And goals win games. Which win points. Which we already have, more of...yeah, I'm lost.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Couldn't have called it at all could you?

What you could have called though is who would turn up to defend these poor performances. As far as i can make out on this thread i have seen comments including 270 minutes without a goal , looking pedestrian and lacking a spark.

Facts which is seen as pantwetting and a bizarre comparison with Bournemouth.

• Haha 1

Chris Goreham just made a good and valid point....

Earlier this season we drew 0-0 with Millwall and won 1-0 with boro from a penalty.

I also think Hugill is a huge miss in this type of game in these pitches.

14 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I didn't realise we have to replicate every result from two years ago

You could of course always give your view on that performance tonight .

4 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I am a tad concerned about our lack of goals......but at the time of writing we are averaging 2 points per game which is accepted as being promotion form.............

We're not creating enough and when we do Pukki seems to take an age, get's his feet all mixed up.

It's just so dreadful to watch though, slow turgid build up. Earlier in the season we were creating chances even against teams sitting back, now we're devoid of all idea.

Such a shame if we chuck this away now.

Seem tired at the moment which is not surprising considering post project restart schedules on top of how injuries have affected us.

Good job we can defend this season.

52 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Not just without a goal, we aren’t even creating chances any more. Something is really wrong with our attacking play at the moment. 

I think you also have to credit the fact that teams were surprised a bit by us two seasons ago, Buendia, Hernandez, stipermann and particularly Pukki were in effect new players that teams hadn’t really played against. All the teams know how Norwich play now and set up accordingly, increasingly teams have been able to effectively isolate Pukki and we haven’t replaced the threat that Stipermann carried that season from number 10.

We need to keep calm at present, we are 19 games out and in a great position. I think all the teams will have a struggle yet, clearly Swansea and Brentford have built up some momentum but the pressure will build on them if they go ahead of us and have to front run. Be interesting to see how Swansea approach us on Friday, will they go for us or try and defend and counter us. 

Edited by Big O
Typo
  • Like 2

There’s no need for a panic just yet but if we do not improve on Friday night, we will lose, no question.

However, there are a couple  of concerning issues aside from the not scoring for 3 matches.

Farke seems to have somehow reverted back to not being able to mate effective subs. Despite having more available to make and a many more options to pick from.

Giannoulis looks our worst LB option. It may be early days but he has now played 2 full matches against very average opposition and looked poor defensively and anonymous going forward. Both Lungi and Xavi looked better options, early days.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You could of course always give your view on that performance tonight .

You were the one comparing things with two years ago, hilarious stuff

7 minutes ago, Clint said:

There’s no need for a panic just yet but if we do not improve on Friday night, we will lose, no question.

However, there are a couple  of concerning issues aside from the not scoring for 3 matches.

Farke seems to have somehow reverted back to not being able to mate effective subs. Despite having more available to make and a many more options to pick from.

Giannoulis looks our worst LB option. It may be early days but he has now played 2 full matches against very average opposition and looked poor defensively and anonymous going forward. Both Lungi and Xavi looked better options, early days.

Comfortably 3rd in the pecking order and streets behind Sorensen.