Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

Will anyone ever play as badly...

Somebody on Facebook remarked that TC looked as though he was playing in flip flops. Last night he was poor and in physical contact came out second best everytime.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Somebody on Facebook remarked that TC looked as though he was playing in flip flops. Last night he was poor and in physical contact came out second best everytime.

He usually will, physical strength isn't his game. He certainly struggles for consistency and doesn't cope well with close physical attention. I thought he was very poor against Middlesbrough, and last night the pitch was definitely a contributory factor in his poor performance. I'd expect to see him start on Friday and perform much better; we need his creativity even more while Emi is unavailable.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

He usually will, physical strength isn't his game. He certainly struggles for consistency and doesn't cope well with close physical attention. I thought he was very poor against Middlesbrough, and last night the pitch was definitely a contributory factor in his poor performance. I'd expect to see him start on Friday and perform much better; we need his creativity even more while Emi is unavailable.

He will play well on Friday. Tv game, higher profile game, probably a better pitch and a team who will back themselves to play their own game and thus give him a bit more space.  If he doesn;t turn in a better performance then I would be very surprised. Look back to our prem days and the games when he tended to excel. Often against the bigger sides in the more glamourous games. Not having a go at him for that but clearly he gets more up for certain games than others. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

He will play well on Friday. Tv game, higher profile game, probably a better pitch and a team who will back themselves to play their own game and thus give him a bit more space.  If he doesn;t turn in a better performance then I would be very surprised. Look back to our prem days and the games when he tended to excel. Often against the bigger sides in the more glamourous games. Not having a go at him for that but clearly he gets more up for certain games than others. 

It could also be something to do with his personal motivation and preparation for the more 'glamorous' games, but he definitely performs better in games where opponents set out to attack us rather than nullify us. In fact, I'd go as far to say that this is definitely a factor.

What goes on in his head with regards to being on TV, 'glamour games' or any suspected 'putting himself in the shop window' is conjecture.

Millwall are bullies by nature, sometimes you just need to grind out results and Norwich don't have that about them - it's one reason we struggled last season. We still need a bit of bite in the middle of the park, wouldn't mind a BJ right now - (that's a Bradley Johnson to you filthy minded individuals)

Funny how we have gone from being a great attacking side with a dodgy defence into a side with a dodgy attack with a great defence.

Pukki doesn't look like scoring ever again and teams have sussed that our full backs attacking allows midfield to push inside and support him. Emi and Todd are the next best scores because they get in behind Teemu.

Of course that means the full backs are nearer their CBs and the defence not exposed.

I think DF has to work that one out.