Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Millwall*****

"Dear ifollow, I wonder if you could help me please? You see, I've just paid £10 to watch my team play football, but they didn't. Any chance of a refund?" 

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Well that was an awful game, very lucky to even draw in the end. We look miles off where we were against Bristol. What’s gone wrong? 

All of our subs managed to come on and immediately look like they’d already been playing 80 minutes. Where’s the sharpness? Who’s coming deep to demand the ball and make something happen? Who’s taking risks? Does Dowell even like playing football? No one looked up for it.

Really hard to be positive for Friday when we have looked so toothless and lifeless the past three games. Especially with just a 3 day break with Swansea’s 1 week of rest. 

Farke needs to ring the changes IMO... bring back McLean and Sorenson, try Idah as the number 10 or right winger / Hernandez from the off / even Mumba at LW after his last performance vs Swansea. 

In the end the result wasn't the worst, but the performance was terrible...

Swansea will utterly destroy us if we play like we did tonight.

If he doesn't make serious changes for Friday he needs his head examining. He got the lineup wrong again and refused to change it in a proactive fashion. He got away with it tonight because Millwall were dreadful and on Saturday because Boro were content with a point so showed no ambition. If we do the same on Friday against a fresh Swansea, it'll be a rugby score. Just glad I won't have to pay a tenner to witness the bloodbath. We'll be lambs to the slaughter, and we all know what the Welsh do to sheep.

What I'm bit worried is our attacking midfielder options. Vrancic and Dowell both seem to lack work effort and/or pace to operate there. Only reason it is not always is so visible is that Buendia is helping them out with with his active movement. 

Don't know if we have any good options there. Maybe Kenny could do better, or Rupp. Now we never win any tight balls on that sector.

13 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Swansea will utterly destroy us if we play like we did tonight.

If he doesn't make serious changes for Friday he needs his head examining. He got the lineup wrong again and refused to change it in a proactive fashion. He got away with it tonight because Millwall were dreadful and on Saturday because Boro were content with a point so showed no ambition. If we do the same on Friday against a fresh Swansea, it'll be a rugby score. Just glad I won't have to pay a tenner to witness the bloodbath. We'll be lambs to the slaughter, and we all know what the Welsh do to sheep.

No, they won't.

We'll have to play better to win, but they won't 'destroy' us. If they set up like Boro or Millwall they'll win 1-0 or it'll be another 0-0.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

No, they won't.

We'll have to play better to win, but they won't 'destroy' us. If they set up like Boro or Millwall they'll win 1-0 or it'll be another 0-0.

Millwall had at least 4/5 good chances to score and with better quality I’m sure they would’ve bagged a few - Swansea of course will have that better quality.

I find it hard to believe you think another performance like tonight could possibly earn us a 0-0 at Swansea... 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

19 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

No, they won't.

Don't be rational, we've just played **** and scraped a draw v a poor Millwall; I need at least two hours to believe the season is ruined, Farke is worse than Roger and Cantwell is our worst player since Fotheringham.

Roger is meant to be Roeder, stupid predictive text. I would edit but their is more chance of me bedding Selena Gomez than getting the edit function to work on this **** board.

Two really flat performances this week, but I still make that 11 points from 15. No need to hit the panic button just yet.

Massive game on Friday - I think our attacking players owe us a performance now, and firmly expect to see a resurgance.

• Like 1

No, no need to panic. Hopefully its just a loss of form only.

But its back to the old chestnuts again. Todd a passenger, Teemu lost his timing and subs coming on when the others are thinking of a hot shower.

I just wonder if without a game last week Farke had them have a week of extreme, intensive training.  This has resulted not in a release of fine attacking play, but a short term (hopefully) blunting of the teams sharpness, but the long term benefit is yet to come.  Well you have to be positive.

I don't know what has happened to us last couple of games but we look so disjointed, and on another day we would've actually lost. Wallace really should've punished us at the end when Dowell stupidly gave him the ball with Krul miles out of his goal. Second half was better but I was never convinced at any point that we were going to win the game.

I don't like to jump on individual players or peformances, but I have to say I am so frustrated with Cantwell and Pukki today. Both of them were absolutely terrible. With Emi missing this was a perfect chance for Todd to step up and stamp his authority on this team, but he was just dreadful. It wasn't helped by the shocking pitch but it felt like everything he did he got wrong. It worries me that apart from Buendia none of our attacking midfield options are really good enough. Dowell, Hernandez, Placheta, Stiepermann, Vrancic just haven't shown anything like enough this season to demonstrate they should be starters, and Cantwell is anonymous too often, particularly without Emi.

Have to say I'm not really getting the hate over Giannoulis. He was slow getting to grips with the game but I thought particularly in the second half overall he was decent. The defensive side was generally pretty good today, but the front 4 were very disappointing.

Hate to say it but at the moment it feels like a matter of time before Swansea or Brentford catch us. If we play like we did today on Friday Swansea will ease past us. We just need to get through that game without losing, get Emi back, and hopefully kick on in a run of 'easier' fixtures.

Dreadful pitch! Dreadful referee! Dreadful game! But let's not get so ridiculously apocalyptic, I think we'll be safe from relegation.

Seriously, we do need to think hard about how to get the best out of playing on dreadful pitches against opposition who spend their time kicking seven colours out of our talented players. We may require a more aerial approach on these occasions to mitigate the sort of difficulties which made playing finessed dribbling and one-touch football on the floor, very tricky indeed. Perhaps Hugill (when fit) or Idah might be a better option in these circumstances than Teemu.