Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Millwall*****

It's an impressive bench given that Stiepermann, Hugill, Buendia, Quintilla, Byram, McGovern were either out or ignored.

Think we'll miss Stiepermann and Hugill's height up front tonight.

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Bit late

I posted a few seconds after the team was announced as I always do. How was I to see that?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Think we'll miss Stiepermann height up front tonight.

Really, never seen him actually leave the ground even when he jumps

10 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Placheta has to do something soon

He does plenty, but needs to score

Don’t like that side. Think we’ll struggle physically. Only Gibson and Hanley are strong in the air. Set pieces could be a problem. 

Giannoulis and Placheta on the same wing could be very entertaining if it clicks.

6 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

The club have posted the dressing room on Twitter

Just like we changed in junior football. Except we pulled our kit out of a bag in the middle of the room.

4 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Don’t like that side. Think we’ll struggle physically. Only Gibson and Hanley are strong in the air. Set pieces could be a problem. 

I'm not saying we won't concede a goal from a set piece , but Millwall are not a team of giants

Disappointed for Sorensen yet again. Rupp just walks straight back in last week and keeps his place, despite Sorensen doing so well in an alien position. Same with Vrancic up front, not sure he's offering enough. Would have preferred Mclean in No. 10 to give us a bit more muscle.

Need Rupp yo start providing some assists and goals, and need Pukki, Cantwell and Placheta to get back into the goals

18 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Giannoulis and Placheta on the same wing could be very entertaining if it clicks.

Yes indeed. They can't both go bombing forward (well they can) so we'll see. Millwall don't score many so maybe Farke thinks it will work.

We need a win so I'm all for it.

I’d like to see Sorensen ahead of Rupp tonight. Still hopefully he might get on as a sub.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I’d like to see Sorensen ahead of Rupp tonight. Still hopefully he might get on as a sub.

Might be tough, considering Rupp's starting.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Might be tough, considering Rupp's starting.

Why? Sorensen is in the bench!

Would've made a couple more changes personally. Very surprised that McLean hasn't been bought back in. Rupp was decent against Boro but the form Kenny was in before having to isolate means if he's fit he plays as far as I'm concerned, maybe Farke thinks that it's still a bit too soon for him, as he's only been back in training for 2 days after 10 days out. 

I know he blows hot and cold but I'm looking forward to seeing Placheta in from the start. If he plays on the left then as said above his link-up with Giannoulis could be very exciting. Will be interesting to see whether which side he starts on, as he could also be a real threat cutting in from the right onto his left foot.

Wouldn't go as to say must-win but with Swansea around the corner and the dropped points on Saturday a win here would be really important. If we do drop points then we really give Swansea and Brentford below a good chance of catching us.

With Hernandez, Dowell, Sorensen and the Mayor to bring on if necessary, in the attacking positions, that gives me a lot of confidence right up to the final whistle

30 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

The club have posted the dressing room on Twitter

Can someone explain to me the reason away clubs not being able to change in the away dressing room? I seem to have missed it.

What COVID benefit is there changing in another room rather than the dedicated changing room?

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Why? Sorensen is in the bench!

I think we're landed at cross-purposes re. the meaning of the word "ahead" in your original post. Do you mean ahead of Rupp as a number 10?

Just now, Darth Vadis said:

Can someone explain to me the reason away clubs not being able to change in the away dressing room? I seem to have missed it.

What COVID benefit is there changing in another room rather than the dedicated changing room?

If the changing rooms are too close together then the way team changes elsewhere, as far as I've seen it.

I question whether a team that failed to register a single shot on target in the last game doesn’t merit some changes.

We had a strong bench on Saturday but Farke wasn’t interested in using it with purpose.