Sign in to follow this  
NFN FC

Transfer deadline day

I know it is seriously unlikely that we would sign anyone on a deadline day. It's not the way SW works. However, if you could buy someone today, who would it be? 

Well, I think we will have the keeper over the line today, so not a complete no show. I wonder if we might get the young lad from Bolton, perhaps the Peterbrough youngster might be a summer target now where we could potentially have the money to drop the 1-2 million they probably want after knocking back the 700,000.

Dwight Gayle. Getting a striker to convert our chances would guarantee us promotion. He seems to permanently sit on the Bench at Newcastle. The club needs to take an occasional risk to get success.

• Like 5

Keeper done now, would imagine that's it for incoming but we might see a player or two depart most likely on loans as above with Drmic or Leitner hopefully, nobody wants them rotting in the reserves. But you know how these things work, they could cancel their contracts and leave if they really wanted to but they want to take the money so you know, that's fine.

40 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Keeper done, that's it for us incoming wise. Obviously could be an outgoing in Drmic or Leitner etc.

Sadly I feel Drmic and Leitner are gonna be here forever.

And if they leave it will be on loan

Keeper looks like a good bit of business. Some good competition for Tim once fit. 

It's a shame Dr Mic (his rap name) and Moritz are still 'around'. Their careers are taking a massive hit. 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sadly I feel Drmic and Leitner are gonna be here forever.

And if they leave it will be on loan

Can see both moving on as their contracts gets mutually terminated, that probably hasnt happened as both players would be due a pay rise if we get promoted so be better to mutually terminate it then for them when they are on a higher wage 

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would I be right in thinking we have not bought anyone on a permanant deal this season?

This season?

Hugill, Placheta, Sorensen, Mumba, Dowell, 

2 hours ago, NFN FC said:

I know it is seriously unlikely that we would sign anyone on a deadline day. It's not the way SW works. However, if you could buy someone today, who would it be? 

I still remember a transfer window a few years back. A Pink'Un tweet went out about 9pm: "Norwich City have completed all their transfer business for the day. Lights off at Carrow Road. You can have an early night."

Woke up the next morning to find out we'd done a last minute deal to sign some unknown, but apparently promising youngster called James Maddison. 

• Like 1

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

I still remember a transfer window a few years back. A Pink'Un tweet went out about 9pm: "Norwich City have completed all their transfer business for the day. Lights off at Carrow Road. You can have an early night."

Woke up the next morning to find out we'd done a last minute deal to sign some unknown, but apparently promising youngster called James Maddison. 

That turned out well didn't it! If we do something like that today I will be extatic 🤞🤞🤞

2 hours ago, NFN FC said:

I have said his name lots of times before I know but

Dan Burn

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Dan Burn

Is someone you'd like or are you saying that he's coming.

Unlikely the second as he plays regularly for Brighton

23 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Dan Burn

Why have you got this weird obsession with him - is it that you go for tall types? 😉

14 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Arsenal have just submitted a £30m bid for Buendia plus add ons. Being reported by Nick Ma****er.

Shoite! If the addons take it over the Forty mark, he could well be off. Nick Ma****er is pretty reliable isnt he ?

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Shoite! If the addons take it over the Forty mark, he could well be off. Nick Ma****er is pretty reliable isnt he ?

Buendia won't be sold this window.

• Like 1

Supposedly Boro signing Mendez Laing which means Patrick Roberts is going out to another championship on loan. Was well chuffed when we signed him last season, looked a good player when I'd seen him play for Celtic but it just hasnt seemed to work out for him anywhere. Think someone will get a tune out of him one day. Can see him somewhere like Swansea.

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Buendia won't be sold this window.

But he will be in the summer I would expect. 

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Hilarious. You ****.

Sorry couldnt resist putting the forum into a Monday meltdown

Leitner not given new contract Summer before last, contract expires Summer 2021.  Would have received bonus for 19/20 question whether entitled to bonus this year.