Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Patrick Bamford

Recommended Posts

He really has improved and is easily holding his own in the top flight. Good performance all over the pitch by Leeds today and they may stay up after all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took some pelters for suggesting he'd be a good fit for a Farke side a couple of seasons ago.

SMUG MODE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED.

PS - mind you, I said the same thing about Naismith.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He definitely had something to prove and he's done just that. Good on him, shame it's for the Northern binners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He really has improved and is easily holding his own in the top flight. Good performance all over the pitch by Leeds today and they may stay up after all. 

Given the ****ness of the current bottom 3 they are probably safe already.

We'll have to hope for 2nd season syndrome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Given the ****ness of the current bottom 3 they are probably safe already.

We'll have to hope for 2nd season syndrome.

Leeds are safe . No problem. Decent side this year . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Don't wanna be Bornmuff no more.

Or Sheffield Utd.

I wanna be.

LEEDS.

For now anyway...

Nah still Man City! It should have been us not Man City!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Bamford has finally matured into the decent player many thought he could be and the stats so far confirm that, 11 goals and 4 assists in 20 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

I think Bamford has finally matured into the decent player many thought he could be and the stats so far confirm that, 11 goals and 4 assists in 20 games. 

He'll be in the England squad next 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Don't wanna be Bornmuff no more.

Or Sheffield Utd.

I wanna be.

LEEDS.

For now anyway...

Only for this season. Or the next few games. Depends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

No mention of Villa this season by the happy clappers. 

No mention of Delia Out from the nappy crappers this season, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's just no loyalty from the crappers. They were dropping their panties for...

2021 Leeds 

2020;Sheffield Utd 

2019 Watford 

2018 Burnley 

2017 Huddersfield 

2016 Bournemouth 

2015 Leicester 

2014 Swansea 

2013....

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's doing very well and there's no denying that, fair play to him.

However I just saw a terrifying stat.

Patrick Bamford has scored more Premier League away goals this season (8) than Norwich did combined all last season (7).

That's horrendous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Stop being such a weapons grade WUM.........

 

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Stop being such a weapons grade WUM.........

Don’t be so sensitive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's benefitting from being around some good players in a setup that suits him, but that said he's had a few tap ins too. Think he's reached his ceiling in ability though, can't see him doing any better than a mid table Premier League team at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AJ said:

He's benefitting from being around some good players in a setup that suits him, but that said he's had a few tap ins too. Think he's reached his ceiling in ability though, can't see him doing any better than a mid table Premier League team at best.

How many current City players do you think will achieve more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DraytonBoy said:

How many current City players do you think will achieve more?

Aarons and Buendia, possibly Cantwell.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Aarons and Buendia, possibly Cantwell.

Completely agree with those, I reckon Josh Martin might be one with good potential too from what little we've seen of him so far. Not quite at the level of Cantwell yet but look how quickly Todd developed into something positive.

Skipp is obviously another, I'd imagine he'll be playing for Spurs first team within a few seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

He'll be in the England squad next 😜

Would probably be deserved at this point in time, in place of DCL who has gone off the boil. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

How many current City players do you think will achieve more?

Max Aarons will go to the very top of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

How many current City players do you think will achieve more?

Aarons definitely. If we go up and he stays with us one more year in the EPL, especially if we survive, he'll then get his mega move. 

Not sure that anyone will ever pay us what we want for Buendia or that he would step up if he moved. Everyone seems terrified he will be sold but I think it's unlikely unless we don't go up.

Cantwell is not developing quickly enough to compete with Mason Mount, Harvey Barnes and others like them, so I also don't see him moving on anywhere that special; he should be bossing this league like Maddison did.

Skipp could be an England player, but unfortunately not while he's playing for us and we can't afford him permanently anyway.

Not getting promoted this season though, and they all move on - whether to achieve more than they already have is dependent on where they go, but doubt any will go straight to a top 6 club from the Championship. They don't have time to develop younger players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Skipp could be an England player, but unfortunately not while he's playing for us and we can't afford him permanently anyway.

Mourinho has an extensive track record of discarding young players who go on to become top class players. Lets hope that he fills any Skipp filled holes he has with an expensive import in the summer and that frees Skipp up to return, at least on loan for another season.

If we fail to go up though there is no chance he'll play another year in the Championship, I'd expect him to then join one of the three promoted teams on loan or one of the survivors in 15th to 17th. He's a level about Harrison Reed, doesn't need three years in the Championship. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the subject of Patrick Bamford, he was always a promising player even if he runs funny, is a bit of a cheat and was very powder puff in his early days. You have to give credit to Bielsa - he has turned Bamford into a proper footballer and Leeds into a great team to watch, using pretty much the same core of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

On the subject of Patrick Bamford, he was always a promising player even if he runs funny, is a bit of a cheat and was very powder puff in his early days. You have to give credit to Bielsa - he has turned Bamford into a proper footballer and Leeds into a great team to watch, using pretty much the same core of players.

Fun fact... They finished their victory yesterday with XI players who were all with them in the Championship last season.

Agree that they worthy of their place in the league this season, fully deserve to stay up and one of the leagues more entertaining sides. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Fun fact... They finished their victory yesterday with XI players who were all with them in the Championship last season.

Agree that they worthy of their place in the league this season, fully deserve to stay up and one of the leagues more entertaining sides. 

Though I hate to admit it, I love watching them. The energy and determination they display is on a different level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Technically a very good player. Reminds me of Cantwell in the respect that I think they look better in the Prem than the championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Cantwell is not developing quickly enough to compete with Mason Mount, Harvey Barnes and others like them, so I also don't see him moving on anywhere that special; he should be bossing this league like Maddison did.

If you stuck Cantwell in a Premier League team he will easily look 10x the player he is with us as he'd been surround by world class players making world class passes and runs. It's all relative after all!

He might not be quite at Maddison's level I agree, but Maddison did stand out in what was a fairly average squad at the time, our squad is full of quality players now and Todd still has the ability to be a match winner. I also think Todd isn't quite the same player, Maddison is more a no10, whereas Todd is much better utilised out wide

Edited by AJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...