Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

How much do you miss football right now?

A 0-0 draw against a Neil Warnock team coming to spoil the game and grab a point

not exactly a game that will live long on the memory

A game that before all this we would have moaned about and trudged home

but my god, my god, what I would have done to have gone and seen that game today. 

Even an early kick off, just give me 2 drinks in the pub beforehand and a walk down to the ground. 

I miss it so much guys, the community, the togetherness, the “feel” of it all.

when we finally get back guys lets blow the lid off Carrow Road

soon lads, keep on troshin’!

As previously posted it's the entire event of going to a match I miss, the social side etc. Not just the match. 

What they are offering now is just not the same.

That said Warnock / Boro done a job on us today. 

I've not been to a game in about ten years, maybe a little less. I've not really followed football much at all in the last five or more.

Following sport had really been helping me keep myself occupied recently though, and I've followed football this season as closely as I have in a long time. 

This season has really galvanised my interest, and I've really started to miss going to games recently. I put myself and my partner down on the season ticket waiting list the other day with the hope that we can get seats when everything has settled down and it's safe to attend again.

I used to absolutely love live football - the glow of the floodlights on a cold Tuesday night game, the growing buzz of the crowd on the walk down to the stadium, the warm embrace of the half-time Pukka Pie. I've got no idea when I'll next make it to a game, but I'm really looking forward to it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mackrel829 said:

I've not been to a game in about ten years, maybe a little less. I've not really followed football much at all in the last five or more.

Following sport had really been helping me keep myself occupied recently though, and I've followed football this season as closely as I have in a long time. 

This season has really galvanised my interest, and I've really started to miss going to games recently. I put myself and my partner down on the season ticket waiting list the other day with the hope that we can get seats when everything has settled down and it's safe to attend again.

I used to absolutely love live football - the glow of the floodlights on a cold Tuesday night game, the growing buzz of the crowd on the walk down to the stadium, the warm embrace of the half-time Pukka Pie. I've got no idea when I'll next make it to a game, but I'm really looking forward to it.

It’ll be an honour to share Carrow road with you sir 

• Like 1

Just not the same not being in the ground. I'm online with my footy buddies during the game for a bit of banter, and we're all on the same page regarding our performances and prospects, but unless you can shout and sing it seems a bit pointless. Plus there's no way we would have let that ref get away with his woeful performance.

It's great we're top of the league but it's all very sterile and **** if I'm honest. 

• Like 2

If I’m honest I’ve become a bit detached from it all and it worries me a bit.

It’s been so long since Carrow Rd was properly open I’ve got quite used to watching all the games on TV. On a freezing day like today I’m not too upset I haven’t had to watch what turned out to be a very poor spectacle sandwiched between a two hour drive there and back.

Added to that the person I used to go with to home games with is no longer with us and that will take some getting used to when we’re finally allowed back in.

All a bit sad when you’re top of the League and no doubt my mojo will return once I get back into the swing of it but in no way am I champing at the bit right now.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

It’s been so long since Carrow Rd was properly open I’ve got quite used to watching all the games on TV. On a freezing day like today I’m not too upset I haven’t had to watch what turned out to be a very poor spectacle sandwiched between a two hour drive there and back.

Added to that the person I used to go with to home games with is no longer with us and that will take some getting used to when we’re finally allowed back in.

No doubt my mojo will return once I get back into the swing of it but in no way am I champing at the bit right now.

Yeah that's a good point. I find I'm watching more from a critical analysis viewpoint rather than supporting the team. I'm sure it will come back quickly when we can get back in the ground.

• Like 1

A big part of being a fan is being part of the whole match day, before during and after, its much more than watching a game of footy. I enjoy watching us on the telly, its one of the few things to look forward to atm, but its not real.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Van wink said:

A big part of being a fan is being part of the whole match day, before during and after, its much more than watching a game of footy. I enjoy watching us on the telly, its one of the few things to look forward to atm, but its not real.

Exactly - well said...

Todays the kind of day when the team needed us.....if we're not quite clicking on the pitch, thats where the fans step us to give them that lift

....also , a crowd wouldnt have allowed warnock and their players to influence a pathetic, weak referee in the way they did

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

All a bit sad when you’re top of the League and no doubt my mojo will return once I get back into the swing of it but in no way am I champing at the bit right now.

Really sorry to hear that about who you used to go with .

Hoping your mojo returns big time when the time comes . 

Edited by Pockthorpe

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

soon lads, keep on troshin’!

You seem to reference 'lads' only in all your posts. have you ever been to a Norwich game? there are a very large amount of women that attend. my boyfriend had never been to a game before he met me

Dunno, seems archaic to address all fans as lads

10 minutes ago, South Sider said:

You seem to reference 'lads' only in all your posts. have you ever been to a Norwich game? there are a very large amount of women that attend. my boyfriend had never been to a game before he met me

Dunno, seems archaic to address all fans as lads

B96AACD7-4352-4EAF-BF09-164747039F2B.png.807538aa2963abe2438b32475a9b94e8.png

• Haha 1

I’m beginning to worry about how long this will drag on, even when a large percentage have been vaccinated the scientists are saying you will still have to mask up and social distance. No way will crowds return for a long, long time, if ever.

I was never a great spectator at the best of times, but I essentially don't like being in smaller spaces with crowds. So I tend to miss playing football rather than watching it.

13 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

I’m beginning to worry about how long this will drag on, even when a large percentage have been vaccinated the scientists are saying you will still have to mask up and social distance. No way will crowds return for a long, long time, if ever.

The govt and businesses won't be held to ransome once everyone has been vaccinated. There may well be significantly reduced capacities but I suspect it will be down to personal choice and how risk averse you are whether you attend.