Feedthewolf

Team for Millwall

Was there no presser yesterday, or did I miss it? If not, I presume the only changes in availability are that Emi's suspended and Kenny's back?

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Was there no presser yesterday, or did I miss it? If not, I presume the only changes in availability are that Emi's suspended and Kenny's back?

Yeah no fresh injuries. 

1 minute ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Is it on ifollow or sky red button?

iFollow, £10.

I'd have Sorensen back in there. Best player on the pitch last time he played, better than Skipp on that day and better when he goes forwards than Skipp.  

Krul

Aarons Hanley Gibson Gianoulis

Sorensen Rupp

Cantwell   Mclean Placheta

Pukki

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'd have Sorensen back in there. Best player on the pitch last time he played, better than Skipp on that day and better when he goes forwards than Skipp.  

Krul

Aarons Hanley Gibson Gianoulis

Sorensen Rupp

Cantwell   Mclean Placheta

Pukki

How can you possibly drop skip? I'd play Sorensen too but - definitely - not at the expense of Skipp.

14 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I'd play Hernandez instead of Mumba, otherwise that's my pick too.

I see what you mean. I just think mumba and Aarons would work really well together. Also defensively a bit more solid as mumba can cover if Aarons bombs forward. 

22 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

How can you possibly drop skip? I'd play Sorensen too but - definitely - not at the expense of Skipp.

Skipp is not undroppable and we certainly have some good options in DM, so why not rest him?  If Sorensen can be left out of the team after his performances this season, then any of them can.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Skipp is not undroppable and we certainly have some good options in DM, so why not rest him?  If Sorensen can be left out of the team after his performances this season, then any of them can.

I think he is undroppable at the moment. You don't rest players for Millwall away, even with Swansea on the horizon. He probably had his worst game for us on Saturday but was still not bad.

I agree with the Skipp/Sorenson centre mid pairing with Kenny at Number 10. I don't think he's bought his best in that position, but I think he offers more defensively than Vrancic or Dowell would, and it's going to be a tough old fixture tonight. Besides, I think he and Sorenson can interchange throughout the match if needed.

I'd go for Onel over Placheta, but there is probably an element of bias there because I love Hernandez.

And if it isn't working, we have the option of chucking Placheta, Dowell, Mumba and Idah on off the bench (hopefully whilst there is still time for them to make a mark) to play in a completely different style, hopefully nullifying any shutdown tactics Millwall might deploy.

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I think he is undroppable too. Resting him with a view to Swansea I can understand (if the coaching staff deem him to be in need of a rest) but there is no way he should be dropped if fit and raring to go.  Sorensens performances this season have been very good, particularly when taken in context of being out of position, at a new club and a new league and I think we have a good player there but Skipp's performances have been consistently better.

Skipp is pretty much the first name on the team sheet for me. 

• Like 1

I’d play Placheta ahead of Onel, only a matter of time till those near misses turn into goals.

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

Absolutely. Skipp has the energy that Jacob doesn't really have. In motoring terms, Sorensen is a Rolls-Royce & Oliver is a Porsche.

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

Absolutely. Skipp has the energy that Jacob doesn't really have. In motoring terms, Sorensen is a Rolls-Royce & Oliver is a Porsche.

Not sure that's true, with the amount Sorenson has been tearing up and down the wing, transfer that into the centre of the park and I think you'll get a player as energetic as Skipp. It's easier to look "energetic" when you're playing in the middle of the pitch and popping up everywhere and covering for your team mates.

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Not sure that's true, with the amount Sorenson has been tearing up and down the wing, transfer that into the centre of the park and I think you'll get a player as energetic as Skipp. It's easier to look "energetic" when you're playing in the middle of the pitch and popping up everywhere and covering for your team mates.

I don't think Jacob 'tears' anywhere. He's definitely from the cucumber-cool Bobby Moore mould (yes, I'm old). It's pretty obvious any quick winger will do him for pace, but he very seldom lets himself get in such a position, he's far too intelligent a footballer for that.

I'm still yet to see Placheta do anything that makes me think he'll be a regular starter any time soon. Although it seems like he still needs to regain some fitness, I'd start Onel over him every time.

I would agree Skipp/Sorensen would be a great pairing, but that may not come to fruition straight away with Rupp and Mclean also in the running for DM, not to mention Tettey, too.  As far as Skipp goes, I would like to see better from him on the occasions he gets up the pitch, which he likes to do. Imo Sorensen has been better when he gets forward. Yes, Skipp's main role is as a DM further back, but he still has to show a bit better further forwards.  Sorensen looks the more complete player to me.

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I would agree Skipp/Sorensen would be a great pairing, but that may not come to fruition straight away with Rupp and Mclean also in the running for DM, not to mention Tettey, too.  As far as Skipp goes, I would like to see better from him on the occasions he gets up the pitch, which he likes to do. Imo Sorensen has been better when he gets forward. Yes, Skipp's main role is as a DM further back, but he still has to show a bit better further forwards.  Sorensen looks the more complete player to me.

Sorenson has to play he looks a class act , put him alongside Skipp and drop Rupp , also drop vrancic and put Kenny in the advanced midfield role. Otbc

I think this is very much a Vrancic type of game tonight. He should be well able to pick open a Millwall defence, albeit he hasnt been at his best recently. For me is a starting pair in the midfield of Skipp & McLean. If skipp needs resting and we're looking like getting a result, bench him at 65/70 mins and replace with Sorenson. 

26 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Completely disagree I'm afraid. Skipp is a DM, a holding midfielder, his job is to cover gaps when our full backs get forward, break up play and start attacks. He could contribute nothing in the final third and still turn in a man of the match performance.

And I'm not being funny, but an Olly Skipp who plays like he does AND regularly creates chances and scores goals would not be on loan at Norwich City. He'd be starting for Tottenham.

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Completely disagree I'm afraid. Skipp is a DM, a holding midfielder, his job is to cover gaps when our full backs get forward, break up play and start attacks. He could contribute nothing in the final third and still turn in a man of the match performance.

And I'm not being funny, but an Olly Skipp who plays like he does AND regularly creates chances and scores goals would not be on loan at Norwich City. He'd be starting for Tottenham.

I agree with what you say about Skipp, I'd love too see Skipp and Sorenson together at cdm.

It's not the time for resting players, certainly not Skipp.

A win tonight gives us a bit of breathing space for the Swansea game. 

If we drop points tonight and lose at Swansea then there is a case for reshuffling the pack, in which case a few might get a rest. 

We need to go for it tonight and worry about Friday when it comes.

• Like 1