Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Today’s games

Did I hear correctly - and that a caller on Canary Call suggested we were having a wobble having only taken one point from two games?!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Awful set of results coming up for us today. I’m really irritated by the way we just did not seem sufficiently up for what was an important and winnable game. We’ve left the door ajar again for our rivals and we are now going to have to go away to Swansea and not put in the kind of no-show we did at Watford and Bournemouth. 

We weren't all that at Watford but we deserved something at Bournemouth Jim

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Did I hear correctly - and that a caller on Canary Call suggested we were having a wobble having only taken one point from two games?!

Ten points from our last four league games... exactly the same as Swansea, Brentford, Watford and Reading. It's almost like some people can't handle success and are much more comfortable being in territory where they have tangible stuff they can moan about. Ironically, they're also usually the ones griping about our lack of ambition! 😄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Not quite so tragic as that as last's week game was a Cup match.

Are these people on a wind-up ?

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Ten points from our last four league games... exactly the same as Swansea, Brentford, Watford and Reading. It's almost like some people can't handle success and are much more comfortable being in territory where they have tangible stuff they can moan about. Ironically, they're also usually the ones griping about our lack of ambition! 😄

Can't get my head around it really. I get the disappointment of not winning today, and the fear factor with regards to Swansea and Brentford coming up hard and fast, but as you more than rightly say we have matched their points total in recent weeks anyway!

10 points from 12 is well above the 2 PPG threshold required, and we had (on paper) the trickiest fixture by far today. On the whole we are doing phenomenally well.

I fully expect us to get back to winning ways mid-week, and if we can get three points, the pressure is going to be massive on Swansea to get a result against us.

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Not quite so tragic as that as last's week game was a Cup match.

Are these people on a wind-up ?

Exactly my point, we've actually taken 10 from 12 as Wolfie says. People genuinely love a moan and a worry I think.

If that's a wobble, I'll more than take it!

Just now, Ian said:

Can't get my head around it really. I get the disappointment of not winning today, and the fear factor with regards to Swansea and Brentford coming up hard and fast, but as you more than rightly say we have matched their points total in recent weeks anyway!

10 points from 12 is well above the 2 PPG threshold required, and we had (on paper) the trickiest fixture by far today. On the whole we are doing phenomenally well.

I fully expect us to get back to winning ways mid-week, and if we can get three points, the pressure is going to be massive on Swansea to get a result against us.

Absolutely... and we're a lot more effective when teams give us space to play in. Really need a win on Tuesday, then a point in Wales would be absolutely fine with all the pressure on Swansea to beat us.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Exactly my point, we've actually taken 10 from 12 as Wolfie says. People genuinely love a moan and a worry I think.

If that's a wobble, I'll more than take it!

Yep , 3 wins and a draw. I'd  be happy  enough with that every four games for the rest of the season..

It does concern me a bit that teams below us are scoring goals more freely than us. We have yet to score more than 3 in a game so far this season - even that has only happened twice. Obviously winning counts even if it is 1-0s etc and it's great that we are better defensively than 2 seasons ago in this league but surely we have more goals to come from somewhere?

Next six games:

NORWICH: Millwall (a), Swansea (a), Stoke (h), Coventry (a), Rotherham (h), Birmingham (a)
SWANSEA: Norwich (h), Sheffield Wed (a), Forest (h), Huddersfield (a), Coventry (h), Bristol City (h)
BRENTFORD: Bristol City (h), Middlesbrough (a), Reading (a), Barnsley (h), QPR (a), Coventry (a)
WATFORD: QPR (h), Coventry (a), Bristol City (h), Preston (a), Derby (h), Blackburn (a)
READING: Stoke (a), Brentford (h), Millwall (h), Bristol City (a), Middlesbrough (h), Wycombe (a)

The Swansea game is going to be huge in terms of momentum; their next five fixtures after us look very winnable. They're also the only one of the top five that have four of their next six games at home.

Brentford, like us, have four of their next six games away from home, and their next four are all pretty tricky on paper. If we could even get two draws at Millwall and Swansea, that'd put us in a good position with four easier games (on paper) to come after Swansea.

Reading's next six look quite tricky, and Watford's look reasonable.

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Awful set of results coming up for us today. I’m really irritated by the way we just did not seem sufficiently up for what was an important and winnable game. We’ve left the door ajar again for our rivals and we are now going to have to go away to Swansea and not put in the kind of no-show we did at Watford and Bournemouth. 

Can’t win every game Jim!

Yeah Saturday night jingoism but seriously, we don’t have any finishing power anymore .... we are making mistakes, slow and DF looks dejected. We should be walking this - not hanging on with 10 men. Funny feeing we will be in the mix but not auto. 

Labouring - Mugglesboro lost 0-3 to Rotherham - should’ve been a walkover. If we go up we’ll look worse than Sheffield Utd. 

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

I put it down to a lack of intestinal fortitude, far easier to declare us as crap and certain to fail than stick ones neck out and believe that we can last the pace. Seems to makes one people feel better too having a good slagging off session.

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Do people really believe that Brentford and/or Swansea won't get draw/lose games between now and the end of the season ?

Wins at Millwall and particularly Swansea would be handy but it's not the end of the world if we don't.

Exactly. The most sensible and realistic post I’ve read today. 

17 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I think it’s ok for you to hope we beat Millwall! 

haha its more my desire to not loose to Swansea, if someone offered me 4 points for next week I'd take it... but I cant help but feel im writing off our own potential to win!