Let’s hope that Farke gets that lot doing nothing but shooting practice during training. We need more shots at goal and on target.We should be putting these teams away early,lots of possession but that doesn’t win games does it.

4 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

'These teams'? 

Boro are 7th,

Or do you just expect us to win every single game? 

Yes I do and we should be, don’t you

6 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

No. 

We only lost 4 games in the first half of the season. With a much depleted team, we are basically back at full strength.that’s the reason why I don’t think we should lose. We are top of this division because we’re better than the rest

Edited by Robert Barnes

8 minutes ago, Robert Barnes said:

Yes I do and we should be, don’t you

We are a championship team, that is the same level Middlesbrough are at. No game is a given at this level.

1 minute ago, Robert Barnes said:

We only lost 4 games in the first half of the season. With a much depleted team, we are basically back at full strength. No reason why I don’t think we should lose.

So you expect us to win every game from here? 

4 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

We are a championship team, that is the same level Middlesbrough are at. No game is a given at this level.

True but I still think we are a better team than the rest otbc

9 minutes ago, Robert Barnes said:

We only lost 4 games in the first half of the season. With a much depleted team, we are basically back at full strength.that’s the reason why I don’t think we should lose. We are top of this division because we’re better than the rest

We didn't lose today, so what's your point?

In fairness we do seem a bit shot shy at times. Buendia, Vrancic and Cantwell can all score from outside the box, worth trying a bit more, but this is the hardest league to get out of so even to be top and a few points clear is a big achievement. Hubris is an enemy.

15 minutes ago, Robert Barnes said:

If only footy was as binary as that, I thought it would be a draw today, I thought Colin would get a response from his team following their defeat to Rotherham...........

Agreed. And at the same time hopefully Vrancic rediscovers his shooting boots because I don’t think he’s struck a shot cleanly for about 3 months. Very unlike him. 

If the better team won consistently every time we wouldn't have the magic of sport. And we wouldn't have had days like beating Man City 3-2 last season.

These things happen. Yes, I'd like to see us hit a few more from range now and again. Rupp sometimes does that, McLean's definitely got one in his locker. Cantwell could be our most dangerous with them, Stiepermann's got a fair bit of previous for it in this division as well.

It’s about decision making. Vrancic can shoot he just lost his composure. Need some individual work with the attackers, classroom stuff. They know how to play football.

16 minutes ago, Robert Barnes said:

What I am saying is that if we don’t have a shoots  on goal we won’t win.  Yes agreed we didn’t lose but this was a very winnable game

Peterborough had no shots on target when they beat Ipswich 😆

14 minutes ago, Robert Barnes said:

Do you expect your team to lose then ??.

WTF are you going on about? 

I expect us to win most games, draw some and lose some. 

You're expecting us to win every game, a completely unreal unexpectation and something no teams ever done. 

9 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

WTF are you going on about? 

I expect us to win most games, draw some and lose some. 

You're expecting us to win every game, a completely unreal unexpectation and something no teams ever done. 

How many games are you expecting us to lose then from the next 20 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Robert Barnes said:

How many games are you expecting us to lose then from the next 20 

Realistically we'll lose probably 3/4.

2 hours ago, Robert Barnes said:

True but I still think we are a better team than the rest otbc

Over a 46 game season I think every team has good and bad spells. At the moment I'd say Brentford are streets ahead of everyone else in the league, but I don't expect that to last much longer. 18 games unbeaten now - it's inevitable that run will end quite soon. We have been incredibly inconsistent since the first game in terms of performance. When we play well, I would agree with you that we are probably the best team in the league, but we don't actually play well that often. We've been mostly average but managed to win games. Our team selection for the last two games in particular has been quite bizarre, and we haven't had a shot on target in 180 minutes - that isn't reflective of a team in form.

But that won't last. At some point with the players we have it will click again and we will put another run together. 

We have 20 games left and 38 points from them will see us promoted. So 11 wins, 5 draws and 4 losses. Easily doable.

2 hours ago, Robert Barnes said:

We didn't lose did we?