Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

******OFFICIAL“Emis been a silly boy again, hint’ he?”******

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yep. And if he got a straight red, it'd be five matches (three for the offence, plus an extra game for each of the two previous reds).

Well Emi will certainly need to keep himself controlled from now 

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm glad Emi keeps doing this; it's probably the reason a bigger club hasn't signed him yet.

Yeah and let's be honest, it's not like he's getting sent off for violence, cheating or swearing at refs. Both his sendings off this season have been pretty harsh second bookings when he's trying to win the ball back. It's naivety rather than petulance, but I fear it's hardwired into him and therefore part of the package. I'd rather he was doing that than throwing his arms up in a sulk, blaming his team-mates and refusing to track back. This really does need to be his last disciplinary indiscretion of the season, though.

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah and let's be honest, it's not like he's getting sent off for violence, cheating or swearing at refs. Both his sendings off this season have been pretty harsh second bookings when he's trying to win the ball back. It's naivety rather than petulance, but I fear it's hardwired into him and therefore part of the package. I'd rather he was doing that than throwing his arms up in a sulk, blaming his team-mates and refusing to track back. This really does need to be his last disciplinary indiscretion of the season, though.

Soft yellows, but you can certainly see why they were given. Had an opponent been on a yellow and committed those fouls, we'd certainly be appealing for a second.

I agree that Emi's 'edge' is a big part of his game. If you take that out of his repertoire, you might lose the unnecessary red cards but you'd have a poorer player.

17 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Soft yellows, but you can certainly see why they were given. Had an opponent been on a yellow and committed those fouls, we'd certainly be appealing for a second.

I agree that Emi's 'edge' is a big part of his game. If you take that out of his repertoire, you might lose the unnecessary red cards but you'd have a poorer player.

Oh yeah, I'm not totally exonerating him; needs to be a bit more sensible when he's on a yellow. But they're not silly, petulant yellows or nasty reds.

Emi's Sending Off Stats.PNG

I was going to write that this really isn't clever. I'm not going to though - instead I'm going to write that it's really, really dumb. The ball he went in for with Saville was an absolute nothing ball bouncing a few yards inside the 'Boro half. 

Edited by Thirsty Lizard

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Emi's Sending Off Stats.PNG

I was going to write that this really isn't clever. I'm not going to though - instead I'm going to write that it's really, really dumb. The ball he went in for with Saville was an absolute nothing ball bouncing a few yards inside the 'Boro half. 

He was frustrated and chasing the ball because he was being marked out of the game. We should have changed the midfield earlier as it was very obviously not working. 

19 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

He was frustrated and chasing the ball because he was being marked out of the game. We should have changed the midfield earlier as it was very obviously not working. 

A good job that our other midfielders didn't react to this situation the same way that Emi did because if they had we would have had four players sent off rather than just one. Emi HAS to learn! 

• Like 1

https://thisisfutbol.com/2021/02/blogs/championship/norwich-city/norwich-city-ex-pl-ref-discusses-buendia-sending-off-norwich-newsnow/

When talking about the decision to give Buendia his marching orders, Halsey said: “Looking at the challenge, both players going to ground, both going in for a 50-50 ball. He does look like he tries to pull out of it. For me, I think the referee could’ve managed that a lot better than he did.

• Like 1

Stroud couldn't have properly seen the challenge otherwise if he thought it was a second yellow he would have stopped play not given advantage as a player would be on the park affecting play that he otherwise shouldn't be. It makes the decision all the more baffling.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2021 at 14:38, NFN FC said:

Emi gets yellow, take Emi off, replace with another player. Keep 11 men on pitch. 

Yup, I thought it at the time and suggested that on this BB when he got sent off last time as this could be a regular thing.   The plus side is that he will be less in demand from other sides. 

To everyone saying "take Emi off as soon as he gets a yellow" - what do you think will be one of the first instructions opposition managers give their teams if Farke is seen to be doing that?

Far better to:

1. Keep working with Emi to learn to keep a cool head
  2. Be very clear with the match officials before games that Emi is being targeted by teams and that we will not hesitate to complain about any unfair treatment of him, as we saw with Middlesbrough.  I think Farke has already publicly criticised a ref this season, can't remember why though.

• Like 2

Mentioned in Chris Goreham's recent article that Emi has the worst red card record of any EFL player since the start of the 2018/19 season.

Just as well that he has not gone to Arsenal yet as they had two players sent off last night and could well have been three if Emi was playing there. 🤣