Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

******OFFICIAL“Emis been a silly boy again, hint’ he?”******

Get the digs in here lads! 

What can we do to cool his Latin fire and tenacity!? Maybe send him to Ipswich for a week to depress him a bit?

Obviously Emi's been a wally. But the ref has been abysmal, letting them get away with everything from Colin's dirty playbook. Foul after foul off the ball not given. They are playing rugby while we're trying to play football. It's 12 against 10 out there.

Just now, Petriix said:

Obviously Emi's been a wally. But the ref has been abysmal, letting them get away with everything from Colin's dirty playbook. Foul after foul off the ball not given. They are playing rugby while we're trying to play football. It's 12 against 10 out there.

Another short ref

you can plot a graph on referee height vs effectiveness. The shorter they are the more embittered they are generally about life and therefore refereeing.

• Haha 4

It was always going to be given - when you see the challenge again it does look harsh but in real time no one would have given a second thought.

Edited by Branston Pickle

He was clearly pushed before the first yellow which is why the ball got away from him. Ref was appalling

Emi gets yellow, take Emi off, replace with another player. Keep 11 men on pitch. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not really, both yellows are harsh. Stroud has had a shocker. 

He can have no complaints about the first yellow card. Second yellow is border line, but there was absolutely no need for him to be sliding in like that in an uncontrolled manner. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Another short ref

you can plot a graph on referee height vs effectiveness. The shorter they are the more embittered they are generally about life and therefore refereeing.

This is a fact. Stroud is a p*ss poor referee. Weirdly, the Emi sending off was one of his lesser bad-decisions today.

A second yellow was always likely as Emi wasn't orchestrating things as normal. I think D F could have replaced him at half time and it would have made no difference. They weren't looking to score and we were incapable of doing it ourselves. We now have to do without him for a whole match instead.

Might be a blessing in disguise. A one match ban gives him a rest for the Swansea game and allows us to mix it up with what’s available on the bench.

didn’t help us today but with or without 11 on the pitch today I couldn’t see us scoring. 

I do not understand some of the decisions today.  Boro players regularly slid into challenges, often after the ball had gone and it was not a foul, and there were cases where they blocked runs off the ball, and they were not given as fouls.  I do not understand why Emi’s challenge was worse than a number of other tackles, although it was clearly coming.

11 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Might be a blessing in disguise. A one match ban gives him a rest for the Swansea game and allows us to mix it up with what’s available on the bench.

didn’t help us today but with or without 11 on the pitch today I couldn’t see us scoring. 

It's a 2 match ban.

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

It's a 2 match ban.

I thought it was 1 match for 2 yellows & 3 for a straight red?

One thing that has infuriated me is that Emi made 2 fouls and got booked for both. Game after game we have players fouled, pushed off the ball, hauled to the ground etc and get nothing, not to mention players booked against us who then commit multiple fouls and get “warnings” instead of the 2nd yellow. The moment it’s Emi that 2nd yellow is instant, it isn’t even thought about. That’s why Farke HAS to take him off when he gets booked.

I hate how teams and managers with more of a reputation for playing dirty get given more leeway by refs. It's something I've been noticing for years, like how refs are afraid to give out loads of cards every game against physical teams because it will reflect poorly on them as if they can't control the game so they let them get away with things that teams like us can't. You get different rules for bigger and smaller players aswell. If theres a coming together and the bigger player knocks the smaller one over it's using his strength, if the same challenge occurs and the big player falls over they always get a free kick because it's assumed the smaller player must have cheated, it's why Emi is constantly penalized for his 50/50 duels (not that his challenges today were mind you). Really annoys me when refs set different standards for certain teams and players. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

Never should have been sent off, there were a few highlights of him tacking in our box.

That was the problem, I dont want him tackling, Aaron's was pushed backed and our threat was diminished.

Vrancic had that chance in the first half and I wish we had taken it.

We will play well without Buendia but we need players to genuinely step up. Today they did not.

I don't think that Emi is suited to these physical games... horses for courses and all that.

Just now, Mutley said:

Two game ban apparently? Why? It’s normally one isn’t it for two bookings in a game 

Second red of the season.

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Second red of the season.

Thanks for explaining.....that’s worrying as the likelihood is EMI will get another two yellow red before the end of the season. Will that mean a three game ban? Farke will be needing to always take him off after a yellow in future games now if he’s smart. 

6 minutes ago, Mutley said:

Thanks for explaining.....that’s worrying as the likelihood is EMI will get another two yellow red before the end of the season. Will that mean a three game ban? Farke will be needing to always take him off after a yellow in future games now if he’s smart. 

Yep. And if he got a straight red, it'd be five matches (three for the offence, plus an extra game for each of the two previous reds).