lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Middlesbrough*****

Already taken my seat in the lounge with the remote control within reach. Central heating at a comfortable 22 degrees and a drink on the coffee table. Just a shame my tellybox is only 44 inches.

Bring it on.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Van wink said:

No he didnt, the consequence of being such a versatile player

You knew when Farke praised him so heavily in yesterday's press conference that he'd not be starting today.  It's what Farke does.

Warnock playing a strange game.

In his pre-match interview yesterday he said that Bolasie "might" be on the bench, but had only trained once with  team.

He has also benched all of his main strikers, it would seem.

He also called this game a "free-hit" and seems to be willing to be inventive in response.

It might work, knowing him. However I, for one, am glad Fletcher is not a starter. 

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

In his pre-match interview yesterday he said that Bolasie "might" be on the bench, but had only trained once with  team.

He also called this game a "free-hit" and seems to be willing to be inventive in response.

It might work, knowing him. However I, for one, am glad Fletcher is not a starter. 

Ditto Assombalonga. Always a threat at this level.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Already taken my seat in the lounge with the remote control within reach. Central heating at a comfortable 22 degrees and a drink on the coffee table. Just a shame my tellybox is only 44 inches.

Bring it on.

Grefstad would be disgusted with that effort 😉

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Trying to absorb a lot of pressure and frustrate us with a 9 man defence and then later in the game, hit us on the counter?

Interesting to see Sorensen dropped from the starting line-up, few were expecting that! We need a 100% improvement from Rupp compared to last week.

Great to see the Greek lad in though.

OTBC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Grefstad would be disgusted with that effort 😉

Like sitting in the Community Stand

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

And I predict if it goes wrong today it will be Rupps fault.

Think you’re right. But Rupp needs to play well for his own sake as it’s terribly harsh to drop Sorensen from this team. Bad performance and he gets hooked for Lungi. 

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Interesting to see Sorensen dropped from the starting line-up, few were expecting that! We need a 100% improvement from Rupp compared to last week.

OTBC.

Spot on. 

So only McGovern, Byram & Hugill out injured, McLean with Covid but back next week with 2 in internal exile.  Competition for places in all areas.  Can't **** this up can we?

12 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

OTBC.

Dont think Farke would be starting him again if he did not think he has improved.

Interesting stat on Sky just now, no team with 53 or more points after 25 games has failed to get promoted

20 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Bring it on.

Comfy

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Comfy

' Er Indoors is out for a walk at the moment so when she gets back and sorts lunch out everything will be fine and dandy thanks.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Dont think Farke would be starting him again if he did not think he has improved.

Yes indeed. Suggests Rupp and Gianoullis have trained well this week, so let's see how it goes.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

' Er Indoors is out for a walk at the moment so when she gets back and sorts lunch out everything will be fine and dandy thanks.

Comfy matchdays, I think I’m going to make some soup lads

650BA442-93F7-4336-855D-A83AC13218C6.gif

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Think you’re right. But Rupp needs to play well for his own sake as it’s terribly harsh to drop Sorensen from this team. Bad performance and he gets hooked for Lungi. 

Anything other than a remarkable performance and one would expect he'll get hooked for Kenny anyway for Tuesday's match. Simply can't leave Kenny out on his current form.

9 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Great to have the competition in the squad, particularly with such a congested season.

6 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

So only McGovern, Byram & Hugill out injured, McLean with Covid but back next week with 2 in internal exile.  Competition for places in all areas.  Can't **** this up can we?

Marco Stiepermann just waved at you with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Gonna play top trumps with  you there Tillo. My living room v comfy warm , telly is 51" and son who has worked in a few Michelin starred  places has recently returned home for a couple of months is making me a fresh crab pasta dish for my lunch. Unless i need a slash , I will not have to move for about 2 hrs.😇

Edited by wcorkcanary

Their bench looks pretty strong too. Warnock will have them going for this, won't be easy at all. Looks like they'll try and keep it tight, then bring in Akpom, Assombalonga and maybe Roberts for the last 20. For some readin I'm more worried about this game than any other for a while.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Marco Stiepermann just waved at you with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

My bad FTW!  Still, i would struggle to find a place for him now, even on the bench!

Just finished off a portion of stroganoff I made myself with fillet steak. Very tasty it was too.

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

My bad FTW!  Still, i would struggle to find a place for him now, even on the bench!

I quite agree. Can't see him being part of a 25-man EPL squad if we do get promoted, to be honest.