lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Middlesbrough*****

Just now, lake district canary said:

I don't think they did play that well. So many misplaced passes during the match. Not just from those two, but too many anyway. I still don't understand how you can drop one of your best performers.  Sorensen could have dropped in next to Skipp much more easily imo, with Rupp waiting his chance from the bench.

Rupp was our best player ignoring the CB's.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Rubbish. Chance to go 9 points clear but never got going or relished the challenge.

Two tough away games coming up. 

The table could look very different next weekend.

That’s the spirit!

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Out thought but not outclassed. 

Outclassed in the managerial stakes, by virtue of being comprehensively tactically out-thought. Semantics, innit.

Not sure why I am surprised at the massive negativity on here?!

Poor performance, but we still kept a clean sheet with 10 men and never really looked like conceding, despite Neil Warnock's apparent tactical genius 😂

Disappointing, but get a grip. We were never going to win every game between now and the end of the season, but a point is a point and we move on.

• Like 1

Awful game, awful performance, poor tactically from Farke but we take the point and move on. 

I actually think Farke has to take some responsibility for that red because once again in a home game he completely failed to respond to the opposition getting on top in the middle of the second half and make changes before it was too late. All our midfielders were frustrated and chasing the ball and losing their shape. 

Positives are we defended well and didn’t really look like losing but I didn’t  really enjoy watching that at all. Warnock did a number on us and it was effective so fair play but my god do those tactics make for dull games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Grow up. I expected more from you.

Listen to yourself!

I'm going out for a walk, get some fresh air and get on with the rest of the day.

When I get back we'll still be top of the league with the best squad in the division. If you're choking, that's on you. One poor performance is just that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Poor performance, but we still kept a clean sheet with 10 men and never really looked like conceding, despite Neil Warnock's apparent tactical genius 😂

Disappointing, but get a grip. We were never going to win every game between now and the end of the season, but a point is a point and we move on.

Yeah, getting a point with ten men agaianst a team that will end up in the playoffs is a good result.

Onto Millwall.

Just now, lake district canary said:

I don't think they did play that well. So many misplaced passes during the match. Not just from those two, but too many anyway. I still don't understand how you can drop one of your best performers.  Sorensen could have dropped in next to Skipp much more easily imo, with Rupp waiting his chance from the bench.

Fair enough, the Boro midfield did pressurise us, hence there was space for Hanley and Gibson, I thought they covered well so we did not concede many chance, and there were not enough options for forward passes.  I could not understand why Cantwell just went out to the line to break the Boro shape, and to create space.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

I love all the FaRkz w0z oot-Thunkz by legend' Neaaaal

You mean a Warnock team deciding to press once we enter their half, keep everyone behind the ball, play for fouls and set-pieces all game and pressure the ref into giving everything your way? 

Farke wouldn't have expected any different. The fact Warnock couldnt' take 3 points from one of our poorer performances when down to ten men suggests Warnock isn't some tactical genius.

One of our worst performances of the season, 10 men for half hour and Colin is delighted with his players. Thank god Delia never gave him the job in 97, even though it did mean we ended up with Rioch. 

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Awful game, awful performance, poor tactically from Farke but we take the point and move on. 
I actually think Farke has to take some responsibility for that red because once again in a home game he completely failed to respond to the opposition getting on top in the middle of the second half and make changes before it was too late. All our midfielders were frustrated and chasing the ball and losing their shape. 

Positives are we defended well and didn’t really look like losing but I didn’t  really enjoy watching that at all. Warnock did a number on us and it was effective so fair play but my god do those tactics make for dull games.

I thought we were poor near the end - allowed Howson acres of room just outside the penalty area to pick his spot and showed no urgency to close him down. Something missing today for me, just didn't look intelligent enough as a team.

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Outclassed in the managerial stakes, by virtue of being comprehensively tactically out-thought. Semantics, innit.

Outfouled more like.

What a horrible team they are.

Poor game- but another clean sheet. They never looked like scoring . That was NEVER a red card- don’t really blame Buendia too much . We will not win every game- we bounce back on Tuesday .

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

You missed out cheat, dive, foul and whinge.

That's all in annoy

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Glad he's not our manager imagine having to watch those kind of tactics every week

Yeah, might as well go out and stare at an empty field

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I can't trust you on your Farke criticisms as i'm still dealing with the fact you kept saying Bournemouth looked better than us in this division.

Just now, jonnyace1 said:

That was NEVER a red card- don’t really blame Buendia too much .

Me neither, take away his fiestenss in the challenge and you lose half his worth. The lesson HAS to be if he gets booked, take him off.

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

That's very unfair on empty fields...................

True! Some of the older chaps in my village do seem to enjoy a good field watchin'

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That is not saying much.

Well it is, within the context of the game. Made double the amount of tackles that Skipp did, ran box-to-box and saved us on the cover on mutliple occasions. The fact others didn't play well doesn't take away from the fact that Hanley, Gibson and Rupp had excellent games (the stats will back that up without looking, I'm sure).

2 minutes ago, jonnyace1 said:

Poor game- but another clean sheet. They never looked like scoring . That was NEVER a red card- don’t really blame Buendia too much . We will not win every game- we bounce back on Tuesday .

Can't understand why the referee sent Buendia off, but then let the Boro players off several offences. None more so obvious than that absolutely blatant pull back on Pukki, which he saw (and gave a free kick for).

Anyway, awful game, and I cannot imagine watching a Warnock team game in game out. Farke isn't perfect, but at least he tries to play football according to a positive and progressive philosophy.

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Me neither, take away his fiestenss in the challenge and you lose half his worth. The lesson HAS to be if he gets booked, take him off.

No, No, No, No it doesn't.

EMI HAS TO LEARN!!!  It will make him a much more effective player. Not better with the ball or more skilful - it will just mean that he spends a lot more time on the pitch where he can help his TEAM - rather than being off the pitch where he hurts his TEAM. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

Outfouled more like.

What a horrible team they are.

They're not pretty, but they planned today very effectively. Man marking Todd and Emi alongside a low block completely nullified us. Both players were frustrated and ineffective, and we should have made a change way before the red card to introduce more width and try to drag them out of position a bit. Was saying it from the 46th minute onwards.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

What game, etc.

The BBC 1 West Brom v Fulham game....and they haven't kicked off yet.....

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

They're not pretty, but they planned today very effectively. Man marking Todd and Emi alongside a low block completely nullified us. Both players were frustrated and ineffective, and we should have made a change way before the red card to introduce more width and try to drag them out of position a bit. Was saying it from the 46th minute onwards.

We tried using the width of our fullbacks on multiple occasions - it wasn't working. The fact Max could rarely get above the halfway line makes me doubt any changes would have been any more effective, I'm guessing Farke believed the same.

We started well and Vrancic should really have scored. Different game from them.

Emi's also capable of playing wider and not long before the sending off was todd and emi linking up with a one two putting emi clear down the right.