lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Middlesbrough*****

Why do we always seem to come out after half-time with so little intent?

Not one of Farke’s best days.

I guess 0-0 in the circumstances was ok - never got going but equally boro didn’t ever really look like scoring. Given the sides just below us drew their midweek games it’s pretty much as you were.

14 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Everton losing 2-0 against Stevie Bruce's side.....there's a shock.......

Of course Everton lost - they were stupid enough to drop Ben Godfrey. 

Just shows how important that miss was from Vrancic early doors.

I have to say I am concerned about our poor conversion rate this season, hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

13 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

That joke sounds as reheated as Peter Kay's f-u-c-k-i-n-g garlic bread.

Yeah, I’m in the 🤔 camp when it comes to Peter Kay, I don’t see the joke. But each to their own, I love Vic and Bob but can see that they’re not for everyone.

Meh, if you don't play that well, make sure you don't lose. We'd have lost that game two seasons ago. Giannoulis got into it in the second half after getting the nerves out of his system in the first.

• Like 1

When a ref let's them push and pull players throughout the game, it's always going to look poor quality. Buendia should have had a foul for a push before his first card.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

What utter tripe.

Rubbish. Chance to go 9 points clear but never got going or relished the challenge.

Two tough away games coming up. 

The table could look very different next weekend.

5 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Don’t get why Sorensen was dropped for a player who has only just arrived in the country

I’m a big fan of Sorensen but do you really think he would have been the difference?

Edited by Nuff Said

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Rubbish. Chance to go 9 points clear but never got going or relished the challenge.

Two tough away games coming up. 

The table could look very different next weekend.

Go and change your pants, Captain Pants.

• Haha 2

pretty poor to go two matches without a single shot on target but I mean.. clean sheet and a point with ten men against a tough Warnock side who will no doubt end up in the playoffs is a good result right?

Flipping love in for Boro with the sky commentator.

But all ok, a point and we won’t win every game. 
Emi ...... can’t help himself can he. 

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Suck it up and move on. Emi gets a rest before the Swansea match at least.

Farke was totally outclassed by Warnock today, was ridiculous that both Emi and Todd were still on the pitch when Emi picked up his second yellow.

Awful performance, and we still took a point from it. Win on Tuesday and we're still laughing.

Out thought but not outclassed. 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

pretty poor to go two matches without a single shot on target but I mean.. clean sheet and a point with ten men against a tough Warnock side who will no doubt end up in the playoffs is a good result right?

I think so, when we get pressed in midfield we do not have a plan B.  I actually thought we created a bit more in the last 10 minutes.

Well done Warnock today. Totally outhought us in virtually every department.

Teams are working out they need to stifle us on the righthand side and two of our top players are nullified. Every meaningful ball went through the middle where they were waiting for us.

Shame about the early Vrancic miss or else the game may have been different.

But we held out comfortably in the end have one more point. And we have two away games which may well suit us.

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The choke has started.

The only one who seems to be choking is you, grow a pair for the love of god.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Well done Warnock today. Totally outhought us in virtually every department.

Teams are working out they need to stifle us on the righthand side and two of our top players are nullified. Every meaningful ball went through the middle where they were waiting for us.

Shame about the early Vrancic miss or else the game may have been different.

But we held out comfortably in the end have one more point. And we have two away games which may well suit us.

I don't get this, Warnock done nothing special, he done what all his teams do, sometimes it works, but clearly not enough or they'd be nearer us in the table. Equally, during one of our poorer performances they'd have got 3 points against us with 10 men.

Just now, Newtopia said:

Skipp and Rupp played well 

I don't think they did play that well. So many misplaced passes during the match. Not just from those two, but too many anyway. I still don't understand how you can drop one of your best performers.  Sorensen could have dropped in next to Skipp much more easily imo, with Rupp waiting his chance from the bench.

Had an off day but didn't lose. Shows why we struggled in the Prem tho', strength and pressing hurried us into mistakes. But a point gained in many ways, down to 10 and they didn't really trouble Krul after that . 

T.