Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Tettey Contract

Bit torn on this, would you give him the year or not? 

I suppose it would be highly dependent on whether Skipp could be brought in again. 

If it were player-coach with an emphasis on 'coach' and an expectation that we'd only really see him against Crawley in the cup or in an absolute emergency, with a wage more like that of a coaches than a footballers, then I'd say go for it if we're got a spare spot in the 25? 

But in terms of top level football, should we go up, it would have to be only as an emergency player or to have the job of shoring us up for the last 5 mins to protect a lead? 

Should we stay down then a no-brainer? 

I do like the idea of a Tetteymonial! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

No room for sentiment. He is not good enough as a player for us next season, regardless of division and we should employ coaches based upon ability, not sentiment. If he's assessed to be good enough as a coach by Farke, fine, if not, thanks for everything, have fond memories but it's time to leave. 

2 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

No room for sentiment. He is not good enough as a player for us next season, regardless of division and we should employ coaches based upon ability, not sentiment. If he's assessed to be good enough as a coach by Farke, fine, if not, thanks for everything, have fond memories but it's time to leave. 

ALL coaches have to start somewhere! Farke started out in exactly the same way! 

• Like 1

I dont think Skipp has anything to do with it. Even if he doesn't come back we'd need to replace him with someone of a similar level- Tettey just isn't close to that level anymore.

• Thanks 1

Sometimes there's more to football than contracts. If Tettey's willing to accept that he'll be an emergency stop-gap next season and no more, and is willing to learn to coach here (and his family are OK with it, as he has openly said they do want to go back to Norway), I'm all for saying "have the contract, it gets you to the testimonial, we'll get Rosenborg as opponents and our fans have a set-piece to look forward to, and to give you one last, loud, deserved thanks for all you did as a player and as a person". Not to mention he'd be a wonderful role model for the likes of Sorensen.

I accept the argument that he's probably too far gone to be an effective presence in the Premiership, but this is one player where we really should have a chance to say a fond goodbye in an appropriate manner.

Edited by TheGunnShow

Tettey-monial whatever happens

absolute club servant, I’d like us to maybe co-ordinate and get him a POTS or something. He’s always worked so hard for the club.

40 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

That's a tad harsh. Tettey was one of the more reliable members of our team last year and always proves the doubters wrong when they think that he's past it. He is one of the more fortunate players whose game isn't about pace. His positional sense (which Farke recently labelled as 'world class') and experience have proven invaluable, especially to a team who will be defending for most of next season. 

Having said that, if we can find a replacement for Skipp then I don't think he'll be needed, as we already have Sorensen in that DCM position. 

I trust Farke to make the right decision whatever that may be but even if he’s unlikely to play much the idea of having him in and around the changing room for his experience and beginning his coaching journey at our club really appeals. Webber hasn’t been sentimental in the past so I would only expect AT to be here next season if it was going to benefit the club in some way so we shall see what transpires. 

5 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

That's a tad harsh. Tettey was one of the more reliable members of our team last year and always proves the doubters wrong when they think that he's past it. He is one of the more fortunate players whose game isn't about pace. His positional sense (which Farke recently labelled as 'world class') and experience have proven invaluable, especially to a team who will be defending for most of next season. 

Having said that, if we can find a replacement for Skipp then I don't think he'll be needed, as we already have Sorensen in that DCM position. 

It sounds harsh but the fact Tettey was one of our better, more consistent players is one of the reasons we were so off the pace. He gave it his all but we've needed to upgrade that position for years.

Tettey surely has a future at the Club in some form or other as he is already trained to answer the main phone line. 😂

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Tettey surely has a future at the Club in some form or other as he is already trained to answer the main phone line. 😂

Even if he's just 'morale officer', we've got to keep hold of him if he wants to stay. Doubt he'd make our 25 if we get promoted, but you can see in all the videos just how much of a presence he is around the place. One of my all-time favourite Norwich players!