Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Dennis Man signs for Parma for £11 million pounds

Shame, but there is no way we were ever going to drop that sort of money post relegation and with Covid eating into the finances too. If we do manage to go up I am curious to see if we will be able to shop at that next tier up in quality (if Emi goes for 35-40 million then surely we will) would be exciting to see what this recruitment team could do if they can sign players in the 10-20 million range... ah maybe im dreaming, but that would truly be a sign of the progress this club has made in the last 20 years.

8 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Shame, but there is no way we were ever going to drop that sort of money post relegation and with Covid eating into the finances too. If we do manage to go up I am curious to see if we will be able to shop at that next tier up in quality (if Emi goes for 35-40 million then surely we will) would be exciting to see what this recruitment team could do if they can sign players in the 10-20 million range... ah maybe im dreaming, but that would truly be a sign of the progress this club has made in the last 20 years.

Normally I would agree but he's gone to some tinpot Italian club I for one have never heard of. I don't see how a semi-pro outfit or whatever it is based in a rundown Calabrian village could possibly be a bigger draw than the best team in East Anglia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Normally I would agree but he's gone to some tinpot Italian club I for one have never heard of. I don't see how a semi-pro outfit or whatever it is based in a rundown Calabrian village could possibly be a bigger draw than the best team in East Anglia.

I mean, Parma have won the Itallian cup 3 times, the Itallian super cup and the UEFA cup twice..

Then again I mean they tend to sell out only around 14,000 seats despite having a 22,000 capacity stadium so

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean, Parma have won the Itallian cup 3 times, the Itallian super cup and the UEFA cup twice..

Then again I mean they tend to sell out only around 14,000 seats despite having a 22,000 capacity stadium so

Doh! I think @PurpleCanary's tongue may have been firmly in cheek, particularly the run down Calabrian village.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh !

40 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Plus they have a ham named after them and probably more stars on their shirts than Ip5w1ch

• Haha 1

Don’t want to get all “Forum Police” about this but didn’t Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man tell us this yesterday?

Edited by Mr Angry
Corrected poster’s name

10 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Don’t want to get all “Forum Police” about this but didn’t Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man tell us this yesterday?

Yeah, but Cambridge has to keep his quota of new threads up. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

Plus they have a ham named after them and probably more stars on their shirts than Ip5w1ch

............and,something else to chew over,................... Violets 😃

59 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

............and,something else to chew over,................... Violets 😃

Never liked them. Like washing up liquid. They'd always be left at the bottom of the bag along with those 4 little hard sucky balls.

That sounds wrong.

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Utterly shameless piece of poster-baiting you minxy canarino.....🦜🦩🕊💜

Parma 🤣

2 hours ago, BigFish said:

Doh! I think @PurpleCanary's tongue may have been firmly in cheek, particularly the run down Calabrian village.

Indeed.... @PurpleCanary’s intellect rigour deserted him in his desperate attempt at click-bait Trumpian populism....🤣💜😘....

....tinpot Reggio-Emilian village purrrr-lease...🤣

Parma 

12 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Indeed.... @PurpleCanary’s intellect rigour deserted him in his desperate attempt at click-bait Trumpian populism....🤣💜😘....

....tinpot Reggio-Emilian village purrrr-lease...🤣

Parma 

Parma, I thought going so down-market with Calabria would be a step too far...😎

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Because we're sustainable and don't go bust every decade?

“Yuo hint’ gut noo ‘HAMBISHUN!!”

7 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

No matter, we are signing Fabio Quagliarella soon, allegedly

Would Cambridgeo dare start another Fabio thread?  😇

• Haha 1