Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Nyland to sign....

Id imagine it will be on a short term deal, maybe with an option. He said he wants as much and at the end of the day you don't get picked up by a club like Villa if you are a complete donkey. As back up and a training partner for Krul and Barden Im fine with this, just a shame we don't have any more cup games to keep him and Barden sharp.

I hope some on this site have learnt a lesson from the premature slating of McGovern before he had even stepped between the sticks. And let's not forget we rescued Krull from a very long injury and a year on Brighton's subs bench. So perhaps we can all get behind him and wish him well.

• Like 4

Sending players on loan has become a Norwich trait, sending Barden out on loan would be madness when you would be down again to two fit keepers.  Farke said he wasn't interested due to fitness issues.  Nyland if signed might be 3rd choice keeper, Barden has let noone down and desrves to be No2.   

It was obvious from Farke's comments today that he wants three keepers - essentially "if Krull gets injured and Barden has Covid" ...so Barden is going nowhere... 

• Like 2

It's always important to bring a sub keeper to each game, as you don't know what might happen to your no. 1. As a result of this having at least 3 keepers in club squad is essential, in case one of them gets injured/suspended.

Barden's done brilliantly for us this season, especially for someone of his experience level but with some big games against other promotion rivals still to play I think it is important that we have someone with decent experience to cover for Krul as I'm not convinced Barden is quite ready for this level yet. Nyland's questionable though as there are issues regarding his fitness

18 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....good luck ....but

Hope I'm wrong and hope Krul stays fit as everytime I saw him play for Villa , he dropped at least one absolute clanger in every match ..😕

30 year old with 28 Norway caps, has to be decent enough to be a number 2? 

McGovern has exceeded expectations but he's 36 now, and came in and made a few mistakes himself. 

Krul looked destined for a career as a number 2 before coming here, look at how he has thrived here. 

I've got a decent feeling about Nyland. I should imagine its a short term deal until the end of the season, with both club and player only interested in extending if we secure promotion? Big difference between being a Premier League number 2 and a Championship number 2! 

On a free transfer its another potential masterstroke, a la Pukki, a la Krul. Nobody expected much from Trybull on a free either but he did a decent job. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1