Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Soto has his work permit

In other #usmnt news, Sebastian Soto has officially received his work permit and is traveling to England to join up with Norwich City today.

• Like 1

I hope people don't expect too much too soon from Soto.  He's been put on a pedestal a bit; looking forward to seeing how he progresses once he starts training at Colney.

Good news, let’s be honest he’s a full international with an eye for goal, big fit lad at 20, didn’t cost much just fees to sign and wages, we really have nothing to lose so we’re all a little excited by the lad. No pressure on him, he’ll have time to prove himself. 

• Like 1

I think he's very firmly a third choice at the moment, well behind Pukki, Idah. But if he continues to impress then he might get some minutes, although I would imagine he's mainly here so they can watch him for the U23s and run the rule over him.

Agree that they're going to run him next to the U23s. If he looks like he's slightly ahead of them but short of the first team, he'll probably get a loan. If he's dominating or looking really good in training, he might get the first team action.

Hugill's only out for four weeks, so my suspicion is it's a straight fight between Soto and Idah and one of the two might get a loan deal. Soto's the likelier, but I wouldn't be averse to Idah getting a run of games on loan somewhere as seasoning.

I think the bigger picture is that he's got the permit and thats the end of it, the worry that we had signed him and he'd never get to actually come to Norwich is over. Now we can truly get him involved with the club set up, get him into English football and hopefully find that we have uncovered another gem. I don't think its likely he will be involved unless there is another injury to Pukki or Idah, but I hope he get some time in the first team training sessions so the coaches can see where he is at and how long it could be before he makes the step up.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Farke already hinting he's probbaly going to be loaned out again, still good news though

Just asking, but can he be on the books of 3 clubs in one season?

I think the answer is no, he can't. If so, and he's back here it's U23 / First Team squad. 

37 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I think the answer is no, he can't. If so, and he's back here it's U23 / First Team squad. 

I think its that he can't play a first-team game for more than 2 teams.

Not sure exactly on the details but Carlton Morris for example has been on ours, Barnsleys and MK Dons this year and has played for the Tykes already; if he had notched a cup appearance for us it would be a different story.

Now that all 3 first team strikers are on the grass again I'd think he'll sneak a loan move in there.