Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Team for Middlesbrough?

43 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Cant really see the clamour for Hernandez at the minute. Has missed such a lot of football and looked really rusty in his cameo last week. Middlesborough will sit deep and we need skill and movement to unlock them. Potentially the way Cantwell, Buendia and Dowell interchange could be key to this. Vrancic is another but his lack of pace concerns me. Not so bad if he plays higher up but I feel he is more effective deeper and we have better options for that role

I understand, what him and Placheta bring I think is really valuable.  I think when one them plays we do not keep the ball as well, but we stretch the play much better and create more chances.  

13 hours ago, paddycanary said:

I'd expect Lungi to start the game at LB and maybe move into the middle when one of Quintilla or Giannoulis comes on for the last 20mins to replace Rupp. The only other real question then is Vrancic or Dowell and going by recent performances, Mario will probably get the nod. Dowell for the last 15mins. We do have a nice bench at the moment. Pukki also unlikely to play the 90, could well finish the game with no striker, possibly Placheta & Onel to replace Cantwell & Pukki.

PM me if you want to know the full time score in advance. 

This seems the likely option to me. We know Farke is conservative about changing a winning team, so I’d expect just to see Rupp in Kenny’s place when we kick-off as an enforced swap.

What’s more interesting is who he brings on if the game is going our way. As Paddy says, I think he’ll probably introduce Giannoulis later and on move Sorensen to the middle to replace Rupp, as 90 minutes for him might be too much to expect, and we need Jacob to get comfortable playing in his correct position. Two birds, one stone, hopefully without too much risk. Of course, if we’re not winning with 25 minutes to go, it looks very different.

I’d love to see Onel get some more time too, he was been a real weapon in the past two seasons, but like a lot of the squad, he does need time in order to get match fit. Mario would be the obvious player for him to replace with Emi more central, partly because Emi always looks like he’s going to hit someone when he gets subbed!

Edited by Nuff Said

16 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I understand, what him and Placheta bring I think is really valuable.  I think when one them plays we do not keep the ball as well, but we stretch the play much better and create more chances.  

Whilst I think he will come good and has great potential I find watching Placheta play at the moment unbelievably frustrating. Takes the wrong decision so often and misses a lot of chances. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Don’t be Krul said:

I hear what people are saying resting Skipp but there's no denying that we are a much better side with him in it. Completely knits together defence and attack

Agree, but we need to find out soon if Sorensen can also fulfil this role. His showings at left-back hint that he could well be equally capable, if not a tick more progressive in his passing than Skipp.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Whilst I think he will come good and has great potential I find watching Placheta play at the moment unbelievably frustrating. Takes the wrong decision so often and misses a lot of chances. 

Yeah, I feel that too. We need to have the spirit of Yanic Wildschut exorcised from him pretty quickly...

• Haha 1