Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Todays injury news- Hugill out 4 weeks, McLean still out

Thread will be updated as more news comes in

' I can confirm that Jordan Hugill has torn his hamstring, he will be out for four weeks. We expect him to be back at the end of February.

I can also confirm Kenny McLean is out due to his COVID illness. Kenny is sympton-free, he is still isolating. We respect the rules and he will be back from Sunday. He's physically in a good shape and will be back to help.

It's great to have Teemu back. Jordan has been our only striker available recently and he's been great. We were a bit concerned but it's only four weeks so it's not too bad. In general, Teemu Pukki and Adam Idah are back available. Christoph Zimmermann and Xavi Quintilla are both available too, Dimitris Giannoulis is also available.

Marco Stiepermann, we have to be careful. He's back doing individual training but he needs time to build up his immune system again. We'll bring him back when he's ready.

Sam Byram is still in the rehab process. It's still difficult, it's a pretty serious injury for him. He's running at the moment but he's still a few weeks away from returning to team training.

We've had a proper training week with lots of lads back, Todd Cantwell is back too. We're looking forward to have the other lads back but at the moment, it's all okay so far.'

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

If I'm not mistaken, that means we now only have four players out injured: McGovern, Byram, Stiepermann and Hugill? None of those started the season as first choice, so we've got pretty much our strongest side available to us now.

No excuses, this league is ours to lose.

EDIT: And McLean, but he'll be back for the next match.

Edited by Feedthewolf

Any word on Soto's work permit? Glad to have Pukki and Idah back but that leaves us a striker short with Omotoye on loan and Steipermann(!!!) out injured.

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

Any word on Soto's work permit? Glad to have Pukki and Idah back but that leaves us a striker short with Omotoye on loan and Steipermann(!!!) out injured.

It wasn't mentioned, so I guess it's safe to assume it's not gone through yet. Pukki and Idah should be more than sufficient for the time being, and I guess we could turn to Tom Dickson-Peters again in a pinch.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I cannot wait to settle down and watch on the tellybox tomorrow lunchtime.

Thanks Til, you've saved me from my normal "oh sh1t" moment at 2PM when there's a lunchtime kick-off. 👍

Edited by Nuff Said

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I was looking forward to it, but my mrs has taken it into her own hands to book my car in for a bloody mot

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Just been announced he has it and is travelling to Norwich now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Switch it on now TIL. Make sure the valves are nicely warmed up. I have 😊

Younger ones can do one. This isn't for you. 

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Beer in the fridge already. Looking forward to some serious moaning banter on the matchday thread.

Seems ages since we had a proper match.

19 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Does this mean he will have to Quarantine ? 

Not sure mate. I assume so. 

• Thanks 1