Sign in to follow this  
urdie_Canary

Birmingham submitted loan offer for Drmic!

3 minutes ago, urdie_Canary said:

its going to be a good day!

Source SSN

Could be a good move for all parties, I have a feeling he will be very good in this league.

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Suspect he still wanted his £25,000 a week

I'm sure we'd have negotiated on his wages, surely we just want him out of here one way or another even if it means continuing to pay the remainder of the wages? You have to wonder how hard Leitner and Drmic are trying to find themselves new clubs. If they're still here on Tuesday you have to seriously question their commitment to their profession.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm sure we'd have negotiated on his wages, surely we just want him out of here one way or another even if it means continuing to pay the remainder of the wages? You have to wonder how hard Leitner and Drmic are trying to find themselves new clubs. If they're still here on Tuesday you have to seriously question their commitment to their profession.

Without knowing the full details of offers that have potential been made it would be rash to start questioning anyone’s ‘commitment to their profession’. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's quite possible - likely even - that Leitner and Drmic's contracts include an automatic large pay increase if we are promoted back to the Premier League at the end of this season. This could be complicating matters. 

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Without knowing the full details of offers that have potential been made it would be rash to start questioning anyone’s ‘commitment to their profession’. 

If they were that desperate to play football, they'd find a way and so would the club. It reflects badly on them if they're prepared to spend another six months of their career doing absolutely nothing; they're both 28 and supposedly in the prime of their careers. I can't believe that no club in Europe would be interested in taking a punt on them with no loan fee and only paying a percentage of the wages.

Obviously my statement is based entirely upon conjecture and I have no knowledge of what (if any) bids may have been made, but I just can't see how as a professional footballer you'd be prepared to just write off six months of your career.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

If they were that desperate to play football, they'd find a way and so would the club. It reflects badly on them if they're prepared to spend another six months of their career doing absolutely nothing; they're both 28 and supposedly in the prime of their careers. I can't believe that no club in Europe would be interested in taking a punt on them with no loan fee and only paying a percentage of the wages.

Obviously my statement is based entirely upon conjecture and I have no knowledge of what (if any) bids may have been made, but I just can't see how as a professional footballer you'd be prepared to just write off six months of your career.

If no one has made an a bid acceptable to Norwich then it is entirely out of the players’ hands.

With football finances squeezed across all of Europe there aren’t any clubs ‘taking a punt’ on anyone at the moment.

It is incredibly hard for players to find moves at the moment (look how slow all the leagues are with transfers this month compared to normal) and it is especially hard for a player who has been frozen out at their club - it doesn’t inspire confidence in a buying club. 

Hopefully for the players’ sake they can get moves, but ultimately Norwich may have shots themselves in the foot a bit by freezing these players out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

If no one has made an a bid acceptable to Norwich then it is entirely out of the players’ hands.

With football finances squeezed across all of Europe there aren’t any clubs ‘taking a punt’ on anyone at the moment.

It is incredibly hard for players to find moves at the moment (look how slow all the leagues are with transfers this month compared to normal) and it is especially hard for a player who has been frozen out at their club - it doesn’t inspire confidence in a buying club. 

Hopefully for the players’ sake they can get moves, but ultimately Norwich may have shots themselves in the foot a bit by freezing these players out. 

You make very good points as ever, Bethnal. I can see how the club may be equally (if not more) responsible for those two players being unable to find a suitor in the current climate.

Still can't believe that nobody in the 2.Bundesliga would take a look at Moritz, though... he's obviously been back in Germany for some time and is constantly posting fitness drills and videos. Surely it'd be better for the club to accept even a nominal offer towards his wages than to pay him full whack for living in Germany and running on a treadmill?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I hadn't read his comments before

"Neither coach Daniel Farke nor sports director Stuart Webber gave me a real reason. In the summer I was only told that I could no longer play and train with the first team because they no longer plan with me. 

"I was forbidden from contacting professional colleagues, I even had to change in a separate cabin for the players who had been sorted out. I often sat there all alone.

"Still, I didn't let myself down, saw the training and games with the U23 as an opportunity to recommend myself. But in September I was banned from playing for the second team. It was said: "You shouldn't take your place away from a boy".

"I'm realistic and I say very clearly: No matter whether it's Germany, England, Italy, I just want to get back on the pitch, want to measure myself against others again."

5 minutes ago, Haus said:

I think the obligation to buy would have been the sticking point. 

Why would we insist on that? If he goes to Birmingham and plays well they might buy him anyway, if he doesn't then at least he gets a crack somewhere else and we get some of his wages off the books.

It does seem a bit odd - you’d think if a side is willing to pay something towards a player’s contract it would save NCFC money, so be of benefit.  But we all know the world of football and contracts is often complex and there could be various issues; I’d certainly not take what the player says as being totally 100% gospel. 

40 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You make very good points as ever, Bethnal. I can see how the club may be equally (if not more) responsible for those two players being unable to find a suitor in the current climate.

Still can't believe that nobody in the 2.Bundesliga would take a look at Moritz, though... he's obviously been back in Germany for some time and is constantly posting fitness drills and videos. Surely it'd be better for the club to accept even a nominal offer towards his wages than to pay him full whack for living in Germany and running on a treadmill?

Perhaps that is the issue, the club wants the players to sacrifice part of the shortfall? 

Jordan Rhodes wrote off some money to get his loan move to us.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Perhaps that is the issue, the club wants the players to sacrifice part of the shortfall? 

Jordan Rhodes wrote off some money to get his loan move to us.

Would seem pretty harsh if that is the case, as it's not like the players themselves tried to sever ties with the club.

Seems very odd. Even a part contribution to his wages would be better than nothing, plus if he does well he might take points off our rivals.

The sense I get with Farke is once you're out it is very difficult to get back in. 

At this point I basically have accepted that the stories of Leitner post Brighton must be largely true- it is far too big of a coincidence that he's been totally frozen out apart from one FA Cup game since that point.

Drmic I'd love to understand more about what has happened- I do wonder if Farke gave him a 'sink or swim' chance at the end of last season and was underwhelmed with what he gave in that period.

It does seem counterproductive to totally freeze these guys out though- I'm not sure how it helps our leverage as a club when it happens.

Fans often underestimate what a tough & ruthless world fottball is, particularly when opining on the character of players. Drmic and Leitner want the cash the club are contracted to pay them, the club neither wants to pay them or play them. The result is stalemate.

Edited by BigFish

20 minutes ago, king canary said:

The sense I get with Farke is once you're out it is very difficult to get back in. 

Really? Emi and Cantwell were both 'out' earlier this season if you recall. 

Seems strange that we've been waiting for ages to get shot of Drmic on some way shape or form.

I really don't see why Drmic falling out with Farke has anything to do with turning down part payment of his wages.

Almost as if we want to punish him by restricting his options.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Conjecture 

"No loan fee and only paying a percentage of the wages"

You don't know that to be factually correct. 

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

"Neither coach Daniel Farke nor sports director Stuart Webber gave me a real reason. In the summer I was only told that I could no longer play and train with the first team because they no longer plan with me. 

"I was forbidden from contacting professional colleagues, I even had to change in a separate cabin for the players who had been sorted out. I often sat there all alone.

"

If those words are to be taken at face value something has gone on behind the scenes for Farke and Webber to what amounts placing Drmic in exile.

15 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Conjecture 

"No loan fee and only paying a percentage of the wages"

You don't know that to be factually correct. 

I'm not presenting it as fact, sorry if I wasn't clear. I was just saying that if NCFC were desperate to get them off the books, they'd happily waive a loan fee and take whatever they can get in terms of wage contribution. It might be that the club is demanding more from potential suitors, which is why there's been no talk of moves.

With the Drmic to Birmingham thing, it was suggested that NCFC were demanding an obligation to buy at the end of the loan... if that's true then you can totally understand why Birmingham weren't willing to move forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Why would we insist on that? If he goes to Birmingham and plays well they might buy him anyway, if he doesn't then at least he gets a crack somewhere else and we get some of his wages off the books.

it says it in the article. 

4 minutes ago, Haus said:

Yes, I know it does. I'm struggling to understand why we would insist upon it, though, given that it's highly likely to scare off any potential suitors.

5 minutes ago, Haus said:

It doesn't say that in the Pink'Un article, which says Sky Sports reported that Birmingham offered an obligation to buy but 'that is wide of the mark'. i.e. Birmingham didn't offer it despite what Sky are saying.

It sounds like Birmingham, who are looking for a striker, have phoned up several clubs and asked about available strikers and made a decision from there. Drmic was probably a back up option should other targets fall through. These type of enquires are fairly common and not usually noteworthy, but as there is so little happening this window they are getting reported on.