Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Players training today

Great photos of a happy place. Creating such an atmosphere after last season could be Farke's greatest achievement yet...

I love the fact it starts seriously but ultimately resorts to all out competitive cheating! As nutty said brilliant to see the fun and calm atmosphere there.

Also the video confirms Teemu is fit, up and running and, as others mentioned, Idah was paeticipating fully in training too.  Striker crisis, what striker crisis?  

Here's my guess for Saturday given the video/pictorial evidence

Krul

Aarons Hanley Gibson Giannalou

Rupp   Skipp

Buendia     Vrancic    Cantwell

Pukki

Barden Zimmerman Sorenson Quintilla Tettey Dowell Hernandez Placheta Idah

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Here's my guess for Saturday given the video/pictorial evidence

Krul

Aarons Hanley Gibson Giannalou

Rupp   Skipp

Buendia     Vrancic    Cantwell

Pukki

Barden Zimmerman Sorenson Quintilla Tettey Dowell Hernandez Placheta Idah

Looks good to me

11.png

Sorensen instead of Rupp? He’s that much more match fit.

Edited by astro
Removed surplus word
  • Like 1

That looked such fun!

Alex's smile could light up a block of flats, let alone a room!

And I scarcely recognised Percy off of Blackadder without his ruff    😁

Sorensen has to be a shoe in, he’s been a stable player and while McClean is out the best fit alongside Skipp.

My own personel preference would be to play hernandez on the left and move cantwell inside

...as for Sorenson in midfield?...not sure on the basis of one cup game vs coventry, Rupp surely is the first choice.

As well as Sorenson has filled in at left back, having a naturally atracking left footed full back who can overlap and get a first time cross in will give us a whole new dimension....if we've got Giannoulis here, lets not mess around, chuck him straight in

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

My own personel preference would be to play hernandez on the left and move cantwell inside

...as for Sorenson in midfield?...not sure on the basis of one cup game vs coventry, Rupp surely is the first choice.

As well as Sorenson has filled in at left back, having a naturally atracking left footed full back who can overlap and get a first time cross in will give us a whole new dimension....if we've got Giannoulis here, lets not mess around, chuck him straight in

Sorensen's main position is defensive midfield though. Got to give him a start in his favoured position some time.

16 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Sorensen's main position is defensive midfield though. Got to give him a start in his favoured position some time.

Do we need two defensive midfielders in Skipp and Sorenson?

...need someone to break forward and link further up the field

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Do we need two defensive midfielders in Skipp and Sorenson?

...need someone to break forward and link further up the field

Looking at Sorensen's play at left-back, he looks like he just might have that in his locker.

I think a lot of people are getting a little over excited Giannoulis has managed to train for half the week, but I'd be extremely surprised to see him start ahead of Sorenson, you have to remember that Farke never likes to break up a winning team and Giannoulis has barely had enough time to get up to speed to not potentially be a weak link in a team that is top of the table.

I also doubt Luggi will start in the middle ahead of Rupp, I think that with Skipp it would be too much of a similar style of player and we know Farke rate Rupp. If we had played a little better on saturday or won that game I don't think there would have even been a conversation about that.

I'm with birchfest. Farke will play Sorensen at LB, the most he will do is put Giannoulis on for 15-20 minutes at the end.

Think he will start sub, but ideally Sorensen will move into Rupp’s position after an hour with Giannoulis coming in.   Difficult decisions for Farke but hoping this happens so we can see what Sorensen can produce in the middle.