Sign in to follow this  
Coneys Knee

Lambert V 1p5wich

What pleases you more the fact they are crap and are doing crap,  or the fact that lambert is failing miserably at our former bitter rivals.

I can’t decide but I think it might be the demise of Mr Arrogant that just shades it, though I do long for them to make it to league 2! 

The way their fans reacted when Lambert joined makes it sweeter.

The way they thought they were minted when Evans rode into town makes it sweeter still.

But overall seeing them in their rightful place halfway in the third division is the sweetest of all.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

What pleases you more the fact they are crap and are doing crap,  or the fact that lambert is failing miserably at our former bitter rivals.

I can’t decide but I think it might be the demise of Mr Arrogant that just shades it, though I do long for them to make it to league 2! 

no more than the UK is failing miserably to end COVID

Lambert joined a club that had been on the slide for nearly two decades - a shambles both on and off the pitch

The idea that he, or anyone else, could simply rock up and turn things around in a matter of months was ludicrous.

What we are now seeing is the ''oil tanker' of incompetence finally, almost brought to a halt and being turned around. This summer should see a massive clear out of the squad (15 are out of contract), and a chance to start again.

The grubby little club is only failing it you chose to not understand just how bad things had become

Edited by Bill

Maybe be I'm a hybrid but I always like it better when they are in our league. Of course there is envy if they do better than us but we haven't had to endure that for many years.

Lambert did well with us and moved on. Get over it. His record says we ere his only success so I laugh at the clubs who employed him.

I don't remember any animosity to Bond or Walker when they moved on.

17 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Maybe be I'm a hybrid but I always like it better when they are in our league. Of course there is envy if they do better than us but we haven't had to endure that for many years.

Lambert did well with us and moved on. Get over it. His record says we ere his only success so I laugh at the clubs who employed him.

I don't remember any animosity to Bond or Walker when they moved on.

Missing the point in a big way KG.

After Lambert left us, first of all his next club tried to sue us for £2 million, before they withdrew their claim on the morning of the case.

Then when he came back as manager of his next club and they beat us he celebrated histrionically on the side lines including repeatedly turning to fist pump at our directors box.

After unsuccessful spells at three other clubs he then took over as manager of our biggest rivals and when they turned up to play us he and his staff started a huge melee on the touchline, aggressively pushing into our technical area after one of their players had committed a bad foul on Max Aarons, before Lambert was sent off.

Ever since he has left Norwich City he has never had a good word to say about our club.

None of the above applied to Bond or Walker - hence no animosity from Norwich City fans towards them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Missing the point in a big way KG.

After Lambert left us, first of all his next club tried to sue us for £2 million, before they withdrew their claim on the morning of the case.

Then when he came back as manager of his next club and they beat us he celebrated histrionically on the side lines including repeatedly turning to fist pump at our directors box.

After unsuccessful spells at three other clubs he then took over as manager of our biggest rivals and when they turned up to play us he and his staff started a huge melee on the touchline, aggressively pushing into our technical area after one of their players had committed a bad foul on Max Aarons, before Lambert was sent off.

Ever since he has left Norwich City he has never had a good word to say about our club.

None of the above applied to Bond or Walker - hence no animosity from Norwich City fans towards them. 

So why drop to his level? We can afford, with a great deal of smugness, to be magnanimous and charitable. He is obviously a bitter man who may well be at the last chance saloon. Is anyone listening to him when talking about us? We are light years better off since him and without him.

As far as I can see Ipswich are a poorly run club deep in debt to their owner with a diminishing crowd and a box of licourice allsorts for a playing staff. That they employed him with his record is a sign of desperation.

Just remember those three good seasons with him where the history books will credit him for his time with us.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So why drop to his level? We can afford, with a great deal of smugness, to be magnanimous and charitable. He is obviously a bitter man who may well be at the last chance saloon. Is anyone listening to him when talking about us? We are light years better off since him and without him.

As far as I can see Ipswich are a poorly run club deep in debt to their owner with a diminishing crowd and a box of licourice allsorts for a playing staff. That they employed him with his record is a sign of desperation.

Just remember those three good seasons with him where the history books will credit him for his time with us.

When I start a fight on the touchline you can accuse me of 'dropping to his level'. 😉 

10 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

When I start a fight on the touchline you can accuse me of 'dropping to his level'. 😉 

Fat chance for the rest of this season. You'll have to go down Sloughbottom😷

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Fat chance for the rest of this season. You'll have to go down Sloughbottom😷

Last time I was there coaching an u-11 side, there was an almighty domestic after the game between an opposition player's mother and the father's new partner. About 20 people scuffling in the centre circle as we coolly departed with all 3 points. Very unsavoury incident...

There's no denying that I loved the Lambert years and was heartbroken when he left, then he wanted money as well, then he celebrated in front of us and the love evaporated. After several iffy spells around the Premiership he ended up down the road, a step too far.

Watching him take them down to division 3 and failure to get Promoted was truly joyful and as already mentioned, the rivalry is all but dead as a contest for the foreseeable.  

What gives me the most pleasure,  as someone who had to suffer their 'glory days' is a cheeky peek on TWTD to witness the delusional entitlement of their fans, many of whom weren't even born when they were relevant. 

• Like 1

The issue is that Lambert is such a smug fooker. He went there and thought he was gonna put one over on us and all his former fans would be devastated. Hahahaha... How wrong could one man be 

I couldn’t care less who he manages - he’s a busted flush now but achieved minor miracles as our manager.

What gives me the sense of vicarious pleasure is seeing the scum floundering in the third tier knowing that, in all likelihood, failure to be promoted this season means the new salary cap starting next season will stuff them. 
How wonderful it would be to see Kings Lynn overtake them.

• Like 1