Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

So we have had a 700 thousand pound bid rejeted

For Peterborough Uniteds Flynn Clarke. Rather interesting given just yesterday we had according to the grapevine had a 300 thousand bid rejected for him. He's 18, so I would imagine we would be putting him in the under 21's or sending him out on loan and all..

But we really gonna end up buying a youngester who's made 6 apperences in his senior career for over a million? Seems that way.

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/norwich-in-for-peterborough-ace-flynn-clarke-7077758?fbclid=IwAR3112Hn6u4f3okBzJuPjUxMlXdOQhgaUIcepJx4CR1S51qEfo6f16Wv_uE

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

For Peterborough Uniteds Flynn Clarke. Rather interesting given just yesterday we had according to the grapevine had a 300 thousand bid rejected for him. He's 18, so I would imagine we would be putting him in the under 21's or sending him out on loan and all..

But we really gonna end up buying a youngester who's made 6 apperences in his senior career for over a million? Seems that way.

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/norwich-in-for-peterborough-ace-flynn-clarke-7077758?fbclid=IwAR3112Hn6u4f3okBzJuPjUxMlXdOQhgaUIcepJx4CR1S51qEfo6f16Wv_uE

I agree this is worrying. Being young and fit he won't get injured as much as an older player, so less angst and doom for your much-loved weekly summary of the sick and the lame...😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's the way football is going. Man Utd just spent up to £37m on Amad Diallo who had made three senior career appearances, Real Madrid spent more than that on Vinicius Junior who was 16 and had made his senior debut ten days earlier.

Obviously we're not in those markets, but there's a trickle down effect and it's the way the market is moving.

33 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

We've made a bid for an Brazilian youngster called Embryo.

Wasn’t it his younger brother, Embryo Junior?

46 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

We've made a bid for an Brazilian youngster called Embryo.

I'm afraid that deal has gone down the tubes & hit a wall

He looks like a decent prospect, to be fair. A number 10 that isn't afraid to run in behind the defence, instead of just playing in between the lines.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Webber special - a reasonable fee with a number of realistic add-ons.

1 hour ago, paddycanary said:

I'm afraid that deal has gone down the tubes & hit a wall

Shame, Embryo would have linked up well with Placenta 😳😳😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Probably another one to add to the list of Bushiri, Famewo, Nizet, Hondermark, Adshead, Fitzpatrick, McAlear Sitti, Sinani, Soto, Omotoye who will probably struggle to get 20 NCFC apps between them before being moved on.

I'm kidding, hopefully a couple of these will go on and break into the 1st team, but the quicker we progress on the pitch I feel the harder it is for these guys to make the cut.

It's not a bad scenario to sign these players for small fees, hope they impress on loan and with the u23s and move them on for a decent fee. I guess that's the thinking behind letting Power move to for free but have sell/add ons etc included in his transfer.

Soto was probably signed on this basis as the club probably thought a work permit was going to be hard to obtain but as it looks do able it's worth taking a look at him now.

Sinani is definitely one of these, he wont play for us, probably spend a year on loan somewhere next season, do well and be sold on. So win win in that situation.

Let's be honest, with the probable difficulty of signing players from abroad in the next 5/10 years, signing anyone with talent probably makes sense at the moment as supply of decent players will drop below demand pretty rapidly in the next few seasons.

If we can afford it, buying now is probably good business, especially as prices are probably lower due to the pressure on finances from Covid.

• Like 2

Buy several good/promising youngsters early at lower prices from financially struggling clubs whilst we've got excellent cash positions (apparently we're looking at someone from Bolton as well), and let our excellent youth coaching / development term loose.

Textbook dynasty building - if it comes off.

On 28/01/2021 at 15:59, lake district canary said:

I've heard his  Bolivian cousin Umbiloco is a good link man........

A signing like that would strike a c(h)ord with the doubters & naysayers. I don't think we should be bidding anything ovary 8 million though.