Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Does anyone see the top 6 changing?

From what we've seen recently I think the top 6 will be as it currently stands. Perhaps find out more on Saturday but there is a bit of a difference in class between Bournemouth and the teams in 7th and 8th 

Screenshot_20210127-205850_FlashScore.thumb.jpg.7f27bfcfc6909417967563d4e96ba8c8.jpg

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

From what we've seen recently I think the top 6 will be as it currently stands. Perhaps find out more on Saturday but there is a bit of a difference in class between Bournemouth and the teams in 7th and 8th 

Screenshot_20210127-205850_FlashScore.thumb.jpg.7f27bfcfc6909417967563d4e96ba8c8.jpg

Lovely looking table👍

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If a side like Middlesbro are 7th...then no

(I realise I've probably just cursed Saturday)

I'm always nervous about playing Colin's teams. God knows why 

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm always nervous about playing Colin's teams. God knows why 

Would he be the opposition manager we have faced the most? I can’t think of anyone else who would come near.

I agree he always brings an chip on shoulder when we play him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

Would he be the opposition manager we have faced the most? I can’t think of anyone else who would come near.

I agree he always brings an chip on shoulder when we play him. 

Touchy about Delia not giving him a job allegedly 

Reading are better than they get credit for but you do sense a smaller squad. They are all good teams up there to be fair. 

• Like 1

Barnsley would be my tip for a club to make it to the top six - and the 'silly little club' B'mouth would be my tip for the club to finish outside the top six come May

I agree that at least 5 of the top 6 will be the same. Reading may continue to defy expectations and stay up there, but they would be my pick to drop off. Last time I checked they had created a comparatively low number of chances but scored from an unusually high proportion of them; normally that kind of run tails off.

On the other hand, Bournemouth have really lost form. They have good players but they are the sort of squad that typically falls apart after relegation. It's probably just a blip, but I wouldn't be totally surprised if they flirted with dropping out of the top 6.

In truth, the perennial also-rans of 'brough, Blackburn, Preston etc simply aren't on the same level. This is the strongest I've ever seen the top of the Championship.

11 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I agree that at least 5 of the top 6 will be the same. Reading may continue to defy expectations and stay up there, but they would be my pick to drop off. Last time I checked they had created a comparatively low number of chances but scored from an unusually high proportion of them; normally that kind of run tails off.

On the other hand, Bournemouth have really lost form. They have good players but they are the sort of squad that typically falls apart after relegation. It's probably just a blip, but I wouldn't be totally surprised if they flirted with dropping out of the top 6.

In truth, the perennial also-rans of 'brough, Blackburn, Preston etc simply aren't on the same level. This is the strongest I've ever seen the top of the Championship.

Quite right. And Bristol City are there or thereabouts but could hardly get the ball of us. Huge gap between top and middle 

We’ve barely passed halfway-I reckon 3 of the current top 6 might drop out-but I think we will still be top 👍

10 hours ago, Bill said:

Barnsley would be my tip for a club to make it to the top six - and the 'silly little club' B'mouth would be my tip for the club to finish outside the top six come May

CA322578-B6CC-4FBC-A0D6-5CD45F045AA1.jpeg

11 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I have to say no. All the dressing rooms had frosted windows.😀

Took me a little while... 😂

One team outside the top 6 can make a push late on. It's happened before.

Far too early to predict the top 6 or the order at little over the halfway point.

I wouldn't bet on Reading or Bournemouth being there.

10 hours ago, Petriix said:

Disagree- think this is a weak league this year and I doubt a team like Reading would be higher than midtable in previous seasons.

Someone always comes from the middle of the pack on a run of form to break into the play-offs, and you traditionally see those with smaller squads tail off a bit so it is likely there will be some changes yet. We ourselves aren't home and dry, although it is looking good so far. We've worked hard to get where we are just got to make sure that doesn't tail off for us too

Just seen Boro are signing Bolasie from Everton, could be a big signing for them. When he's on it he's a good winger

Edited by AJ