Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Could Daniel be poached to Chelsea

Nah, Farke came as he wanted to lead a first team. There's no way he'd want to be someone's assistant now. And he'd be mad to do it - he's at a club where most of us really appreciate him, he's got some freedom to shape the club as he sees fit, and he's not under intense pressure to deliver every time, unlike at Chelsea.

Dumb move and then some. I could see Farke moving on to a fallen giant if he's asked to rebuild/establish a new, more progressive culture in such a team, but not necessarily one that just needs fine-tuning.

Essentially Farke builds the whole car, not just tweak the mechanics.

• Like 1

Obviously not. Hardly gonna leave a club who's top of the championship to be a number 2 anywhere. Ridiculous post.

• Like 4

Villa, Newcastle, (Sunderland?), West Ham or a Bundesliga team could all be attractive to Farke after Norwich but not a No.2 position. Not unless it was a really big club like Bayern Munich. 

Daniel's next move is up to him of course, but I get the impression he wants to feel he is at the right club for him and one that makes him feel, yes, this is where I want to be.  On that point, he has made plenty of indications that he felt it was right decision to come here and that he is here to do the job he started and is unlikely to be poached elsewhere mid-contract.  It could happen of course that he could be tempted elsewhere, but if he was tempted, he would only actually go through with it if things changed to make him feel less happy at Norwich.

19 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Daniel's next move is up to him of course, but I get the impression he wants to feel he is at the right club for him and one that makes him feel, yes, this is where I want to be.  On that point, he has made plenty of indications that he felt it was right decision to come here and that he is here to do the job he started and is unlikely to be poached elsewhere mid-contract.  It could happen of course that he could be tempted elsewhere, but if he was tempted, he would only actually go through with it if things changed to make him feel less happy at Norwich.

We’re top 4 next season, Farke is going nowhere. 

After Norwich Farke will not go be an assistant. He has built up credit here for a very nice job. Not Chelsea quite, but upper Bundesliga or midtable PL absolutely. If he goes up and stays up with Norwich maybe an even better job. Or maybe he becomes our Wenger. God knows he has done a helluva lot for Norwich already. 

Being no.2 to Touche Turtle might not be a bad thing. But only as a stepping stone to a Bundesliga job, especially Dortmund. They still seem a bit obsessed by former coaches Tuchel and Klopp.