Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Soundtrack for Ipswich v Sunderland

Sky commentator said “ Soggy night in Suffolk “.

Not quite the class of “Rainy night in Georgia” by Brook Benton . But this is Ipswich and League one I guess . 

37 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

That'll do pig. That'll do.

I think you enjoyed this post Paddy, I certainly did probably my favourite post of all time. City fans sure have a sense of humour and know how to rip the pi ss. 

Edited by Mullet
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

You have just aged yourself very precisely! Splendid choice. Don't think I've heard that in 50 years 🙄

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mullet said:

I think you enjoyed this post Paddy, I certainly did probably my favourite post of all time. City fans sure have a sense of humour and know how to rip the pi ss. 

Special mentions to Midlands and Paddy for their efforts. My suggestion of Funeral For A Friend turned out to be wide of the mark. He'll probably get another match because of the red card. I'll dust down Goodbye Yellow Brick Road in time for Saturday at Crewe

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

This could sum up Ipswich performances.

Thats bloody awful, they must play that in the dressing room before the game to get in the right mind set

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Special mentions to Midlands and Paddy for their efforts. My suggestion of Funeral For A Friend turned out to be wide of the mark. He'll probably get another match because of the red card. I'll dust down Goodbye Yellow Brick Road in time for Saturday at Crewe

Loved this post Dylan, some real crackers on here kept me entertained all night

14 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

This could sum up Ipswich performances.

Binfonia, surely ?

10 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Thats bloody awful, they must play that in the dressing room before the game to get in the right mind set

No disrespect intended, but I think you may be unaware of the whole idea behind the Portsmouth Sinfonia. The notion was that anyone can basically try to play music - think of it as the punk scene transplanted to classical music. The whole orchestra were musicians, but given an instrument they couldn't play.

Brian Eno helped record the first two albums, and Michael Nyman actually played in the second half of one of their concerts - completely in line with their ethos.

There's a newer version called The Really Terrible Orchestra with the same premise.

48 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

As a tenuous link............Barry Maguire was originally in the NCM and his biggest hit as a solo artist was (for us oldies who might remember that far back ) ..."Eve of Destruction" - probably more appropriate for Lambo 😜

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

No disrespect intended, but I think you may be unaware of the whole idea behind the Portsmouth Sinfonia. The notion was that anyone can basically try to play music - think of it as the punk scene transplanted to classical music. The whole orchestra were musicians, but given an instrument they couldn't play.

Brian Eno helped record the first two albums, and Michael Nyman actually played in the second half of one of their concerts - completely in line with their ethos.

There's a newer version called The Really Terrible Orchestra with the same premise.

I'm not familiar with them but I guessed they are deliberately bad right?

Just now, Mullet said:

I'm not familiar with them but I guessed they are deliberately bad right?

Nope, not at all. The rule was that you had to give it your best effort, but it was usually an instrument you couldn't play. Although their version of the 1812 Overture was incredible as they even managed to find someone who could play the cannon badly!

Portsmouth Sinfonia - Wikipedia

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

That is quality. 

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Nope, not at all. The rule was that you had to give it your best effort, but it was usually an instrument you couldn't play. Although their version of the 1812 Overture was incredible as they even managed to find someone who could play the cannon badly!

Portsmouth Sinfonia - Wikipedia

Interesting idea I'll check it out thanks

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

That is quality. 

Meanwhile, there I am, going on about their glorious history. ****. I sound like a bloody Binner now. 😞

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Meanwhile, there I am, going on about their glorious history. ****. I sound like a bloody Binner now. 😞

Or maybe Lambert is giving his players instructions they don't understand

10 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You have just aged yourself very precisely! Splendid choice. Don't think I've heard that in 50 years 🙄

Junior choice on a Sunday morning ☺

• Like 1

I think Elton John is a good shout. but possibly "I guess that's why they call it the blues" might be a worthy option. 

23 hours ago, Mullet said:

That would be a punctatious statement!