Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

Troy Deeney says Watford are coming for us

Hey Guys

Watford fan here in peace.

Ive read your forum since we challenged for promotion 6 years ago. I often look in on the odd occasion as I quite admire your club. Especially the support you get.

I backed you to win the league as soon as we beat you at home in prem. I thought you looked like a good outfit that would eadily brush aside championship clubs.

In relation to Deeney. I forgave him for his crime for one reason. His father died the night before. It does not excuse what happened. But he has served his time.

I dont think Swansea have enough in the tank to go up. Brentford are the threat I think to us both.

Annyway wont be posting here agsin most likely. Unless to congratulate you on promotion at end of season.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

OK well then lets say that is my question.

Why did you feel the need to bring up Deeney's time in prison? 

It wasn't really a need. More of a reaction to how priveleged footballers are compared to others in society. 

It obviously bothers you. Why Kingo?

And the hypocrisy of others to react by highlighting peter Mendham and Robert Eagle is mind-blowing.

41 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So what was the relevance of Peter Mendham and Robert Eagle? 

I was answering Greavsy and his point where you described Mendham as being thrown under a bus and Deeney as priveleged. 

To keep it simple who on this thread has suggested that apart from you ?

9 minutes ago, Moosebadge said:

Hey Guys

Watford fan here in peace.

Ive read your forum since we challenged for promotion 6 years ago. I often look in on the odd occasion as I quite admire your club. Especially the support you get.

I backed you to win the league as soon as we beat you at home in prem. I thought you looked like a good outfit that would eadily brush aside championship clubs.

In relation to Deeney. I forgave him for his crime for one reason. His father died the night before. It does not excuse what happened. But he has served his time.

I dont think Swansea have enough in the tank to go up. Brentford are the threat I think to us both.

Annyway wont be posting here agsin most likely. Unless to congratulate you on promotion at end of season.

No problem with you forgiving him buddy. But most people live through their parents death without behaving like that. Some have even harder deaths to deal with without behaving like that.

But of course he's a footballer and your club and supporters have benefited greatly through his subsequent career. Many thugs don't get that chance.

Anyway, what's the feelings about the player power preceding the last managers departure. (I think it was the last one🙃)

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

I was answering Greavsy and his point where you described Mendham as being thrown under a bus and Deeney as priveleged. 

To keep it simple who on this thread has suggested that apart from you ?

So what was the relevance of "peter Mendham and Robert Eagle anyone?"

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So what was the relevance of "peter Mendham and Robert Eagle anyone?"

Looks like we are in for an afternoon of answering a question with a question so leave you to it. Look back and just one poster has brought Mendham and Eagle into the equation so why not ask him ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

No problem with you forgiving him buddy. But most people live through their parents death without behaving like that. Some have even harder deaths to deal with without behaving like that.

But of course he's a footballer and your club and supporters have benefited greatly through his subsequent career. Many thugs don't get that chance.

Anyway, what's the feelings about the player power preceding the last managers departure. (I think it was the last one🙃)

Deeney didnt instigate the violence. He didnt go out and randomly hit someone. Someone hit his brother the day after his father died. He took it way to far was drunk and went beyond self Defence. He came back and was not wanted initially. He then proved his rehabilitstion in his actions within the community and town.

In relation to last manager we appointed the wrong person. Ive never seen such negative tactics. Be great in prem but not in this league. The new guy is a breath of fresh air. 

Deeney has scored two 94th minute vital goals for us in a play off semi and FA Cup Semi. Its proper Roy of the Rovers stuff. He has done enough for the town of Watford for us to forgive him is mistake in life.

Who cares what a Shiite Poor Mans Ronaldo look a like say.........we’re in control of our own destiny and heave the quality to keep this up.

Even if Watford go up I doubt they’ll keep Deeney anyway!

50 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It wasn't really a need. More of a reaction to how priveleged footballers are compared to others in society. 

It obviously bothers you. Why Kingo?

And the hypocrisy of others to react by highlighting peter Mendham and Robert Eagle is mind-blowing.

It bothers me in that I think rehabilitation of offenders is important- if someone is remorseful and does their time then they get to move on. I personally think it is a bit ****ty that your first instinct seemed to be to bring up his prison sentence for whatever reason. Clearly what happened with Deeney bothers you as you brought it up.

I also think it is a bit much to be calling others hypocrites- what I've picked up from your posts is that you think Mendham has been treated unfairly in his post prison life (I can't comment on this as I don't know the ins and outs apart from something about a book launch being cancelled) and you think he should be allowed to move on but it seems you don't extend that same courtesy to Deeney, which is hypocrisy in itself. 

The simple fact of the matter is if it wasn't for your initial ball and chain post nobody would be mentioning Mendham or Eagle in this thread. You're not dense, I'm sure you realise that. 

Edited by king canary
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

To be fair, I get so excited watching us too sometimes I almost reach climax, but I'm surprised an opposition player admits to it.

cu m on now, trust you to lower the tone ))

Edited by Mullet

28 minutes ago, king canary said:

It bothers me in that I think rehabilitation of offenders is important- if someone is remorseful and does their time then they get to move on. I personally think it is a bit ****ty that your first instinct seemed to be to bring up his prison sentence for whatever reason. Clearly what happened with Deeney bothers you as you brought it up.

I also think it is a bit much to be calling others hypocrites- what I've picked up from your posts is that you think Mendham has been treated unfairly in his post prison life (I can't comment on this as I don't know the ins and outs apart from something about a book launch being cancelled) and you think he should be allowed to move on but it seems you don't extend that same courtesy to Deeney, which is hypocrisy in itself. 

The simple fact of the matter is if it wasn't for your initial ball and chain post nobody would be mentioning Mendham or Eagle in this thread. You're not dense, I'm sure you realise that. 

I don't have a problem with your opinion. But I see it differently. And the dredging up of Peter Mendham just reinforces my view. 

I must be dense because the mention of Peter Mendham and Robert Eagle was for so long the only response. I asked what was the relevance and was told it was obvious. Pops alerted me the relevance was they'd been to prison. Great! You see to me, that just reinforces my view about Deeney and the privelege he has enjoyed to rehabilitate. 

I doubt peter Mendham will get his roy of the rovers moment. He can't even have a book launch...

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Looks like we are in for an afternoon of answering a question with a question so leave you to it. Look back and just one poster has brought Mendham and Eagle into the equation so why not ask him ?

I have done over and over. Perhaps he'll tell you. Apparently you get it?

Edited by nutty nigel

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

It's all, unfortunately, very predictable Tilly. 

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

I doubt peter Mendham will get his roy of the rovers moment. He can't even have a book launch...

So what should / could the club have done. Mendham was born in 1960 and committed for his offence in 2007 , and his sentence was reduced to 5 years. 

*above taken from wiki. 

So therefore at approx 52 years of age, when released, the club should have let him back for his "Roy of the Rovers" moment? What form would that have taken? 

He wasn't employed by the club when he was charged, so why would they employ him post sentence? 

Get real Eddie. 

Edited by Greavsy

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Maybe they are coming for us, but 0-0 at Millwall isn’t the best (or worst, I suppose) start.

A point a game isn’t going to be enough Troy!

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Steady on FF, with your forum hopping (and I thought you'd be exclusive) and your NecroBumping tendancies it's no wonder the original Mrs FF bailed on you! 😉 

Hilarious stuff, go and have a cuddle with Mr Tilson

Just now, sgncfc said:

We just need Swansea and Brentford to draw tomorrow and it could be a good week.

You're not allowed to mention that match, greavsy will be after you for that !

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

You're not allowed to mention that match, greavsy will be after you for that !

dont be a stupid FF - its a different thread! Keep up! 

Whatever ppl think of Deeney, if he played for Norwich not one of us would care about his previous crime whilst he was scoring over 100 goals for us incl in play off s and fa cup SF. 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

dont be a stupid FF - its a different thread! Keep up! 

You're the forum officer, you need to be clearer when you're making rules up

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

You're the forum officer, you need to be clearer when you're making rules up

Oh please show me where I have ever claimed that. 

Ill wait! 

2 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Whatever ppl think of Deeney, if he played for Norwich not one of us would care about his previous crime whilst he was scoring over 100 goals for us incl in play off s and fa cup SF. 

Absolutely, if they bang them in thats all people see. 

The problem is if (in this case Watford) didnt keep the player, there are plenty of other teams who would snap them up, and could bite then on the ar5e. 

12 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Hilarious stuff, go and have a cuddle with Mr Tilson

I thought my mate on here was Waveney according to you ?