Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

Omotoye on loan to Swindon until end of season

It either means we've got someone incoming, or more than likely that Soto's work permit has been completed as I'm sure we wouldn't be letting him go without something else to cover Hugill/Pukki. 

Good luck to him, looks like a potentially exciting prospect

Edited by AJ

Oh, that's a shame, Swindon already filled their boots against 1p5wich last week. He's going to have to wait a few months to have a go at them.

9 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Oh, that's a shame, Swindon already filled their boots against 1p5wich last week. He's going to have to wait a few months to have a go at them.

I do hope none of ours were involved in that win as to this lad, surely it would make more sense to have him 'playing' at poorman road

yes, I know what you are thinking, but we could get the money up front, and charity does begin at home

...or a few mile down the A140 to be precise

47 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

I’ll go out on a limb - and predict we will now sign a forward who can play up front this window.

We've had quite a few forwards over the years who can't play up front.

This could have waited until Tuesday week, unless Soto has got a WP and Pukki and Idah are fit.  On Monday no training yet to prove any fitness.  If Soto to be in U 23's is there any restriction to prevent movement between that squad and first team i.e. separate bubbles in operation?

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-tyrese-omotoye-swindon-loan-confirmed-7071242

Soto has probably impressed enough that he's ahead of the youngster, and with Pukki and Idah back soon hopefully Hugill's absence won't be felt too keenly.

Soto hasn't trained once with the Norwich squad, as he still legally can't work in the UK. He has a work permit appointment with the Home Office at some point this week. This is just a formality of presenting his papers and getting the sticker in his passport. 

It seems that Hugill's injury isn't that bad and Pukki is likely to be ready for next Saturday. 

33 minutes ago, pete said:

This could have waited until Tuesday week, unless Soto has got a WP and Pukki and Idah are fit.  On Monday no training yet to prove any fitness.  If Soto to be in U 23's is there any restriction to prevent movement between that squad and first team i.e. separate bubbles in operation?

Bubbles ended at the end of last season. Reports say that Soto will be in first team training but play for the U23s.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, pete said:

No it couldn't. The transfer window closes next Monday. 

Great loan for the lad and for us to see how he copes, never really heard of him until he scored the hatrick against Newport and boy has his career transformed quickly.

Good job by the club getting him a loan move to League 1, ok so Swindon are in the bottom 2 but it's still a decent standard.

Just hope he gets game time.

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

No it couldn't. The transfer window closes next Monday. 

Pfft, like these small details are relevant...

Why does every thread turn into ‘this must mean Soto is going to play’ despite all of the evidence to the contrary inc what Farke has even said himself?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Deptford Yellow said:

I’ll go out on a limb - and predict we will now sign a forward who can play up front this window.

Does sound that way. We are now left with 3 strikers who aren't fit and a youngster no-one has seen play or even train.

24 minutes ago, Clint said:

Why does every thread turn into ‘this must mean Soto is going to play’ despite all of the evidence to the contrary inc what Farke has even said himself?

I blame that Disney stardust which elevates all things American just for being American

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Does sound that way. We are now left with 3 strikers who aren't fit and a youngster no-one has seen play or even train.

I still reckon they think Hernandez or Placheta could do a job there at a push, and both need the minutes.

3 hours ago, Clint said:

Having read every post up to yours, there’s a mere couple of posters who have thought Soto could end up playing some part for the first team this season, or involvement at least. What on earth is so wrong with that? It’s a message board where people chew the fat over their club and discuss such ideas for Christ’s sakes. Regardless, Omotoye is an U23 striker involved with the first team, as it sounds like Soto will also be from Daniel Farke’s words - the opportunity is clearly there. So, not really that unreal a suggestion from those posters.

I remember when we signed Emi Buendía who must have been around 20 at the time. There wasn’t much excitement about him on here when the signing was announced, which surprised me, possibly because he was on loan at a 2nd division side at the time. I remember that well because if you scoured YouTube a bit deeper than a 3 minute highlight reel, you’d see more than enough to know that there was a kid with great natural ability and the only thing that could mess that up was the wrong attitude or serious injury. I feel the same about Soto - happy for people to laugh, but we’ll see how this kid develops here over the next year or so.

Chill out Alex, as you say, it is a message board whereby I’m perfectly entitled to post a message. So far a number of people have made it known that they agree with the sentiment of my message.

I haven’t bothered to re-read the entire thread, I stopped when I after re-reading the first four, they were all about Soto and the impact he could now make rather than the title of the thread, which suggests it would be about Omotoye.

So a mere couple of posters as you say, is just not an accurate statement. Each to their own though.

By the way, I also believe Soto sounds promising but that is all. Do I think he’s going to play for the first team before the end of the season, based on the information available? No, not unless we have a serious injury crisis or we have some matches whereby the result is irrelevant.

If Soto does get a work permit which seems likely given Omotoye sent on loan and Pukki and Idah available after injurt and illness.  Are you really going to send an international player who has scored international goals to play with the kids.  The U 23's play on Fridays which prevent playing Saturdays.  I makes more sense once he is able to play in the country to be involved with the first team and make it to the bench.  After all with Hugill's injury we are down to two fit strikers or we hope that is the case.  We are one injury away from having one striker and given our recent record that injury looks inevitable.  Therefore to have a goal scoring international available it would be criminal not to use him as the third striking option.

Send him to the U23's when have three available strikers if that is what Farke decides to do.  Soto might be a little miffed at being handled in this way and feel with his international pedigree he ought to be involved with the first team.  He is highly rated in the US team after all.

The only thing certain here, is that Farke will take a look at him and make the right decision regarding his ability to be involved in the first team. I get the feeling he's ruling nothing out so the ball is in Soto's court so to speak.

3 hours ago, Clint said:

Chill out Alex, as you say, it is a message board whereby I’m perfectly entitled to post a message. So far a number of people have made it known that they agree with the sentiment of my message.

I haven’t bothered to re-read the entire thread, I stopped when I after re-reading the first four, they were all about Soto and the impact he could now make rather than the title of the thread, which suggests it would be about Omotoye.

So a mere couple of posters as you say, is just not an accurate statement. Each to their own though.

By the way, I also believe Soto sounds promising but that is all. Do I think he’s going to play for the first team before the end of the season, based on the information available? No, not unless we have a serious injury crisis or we have some matches whereby the result is irrelevant.

Of course anyone can put what they like on a message board, but that doesn’t change the fact you’re completely wrong after having the cheek to talk ‘accurate statements’.

It was you that said ‘why is EVERYONE’ - then ironically mentioned to me a ‘mere couple’ is not 4 as not factually accurate ha ha. (though it was, and still is, only 2 at best if you want to be fussy).

1 of the 4 is a meme that suggests Soto’s excitement at the opportunity rather than anything else.

More importantly, there is absolutely ZERO mention from the first 4 posters of the ‘impact’ he *will* make so don’t come at me with ‘accuracy’ because right now if you threw a hedgehog at a dartboard, you’d score about 3.

Edited by Alex Moss

I’ll say it again Alex, chill out! 

On the accuracy of posts, please could you point me in the direction of where I said ‘why is everyone’ in my initial post? 

My comment was clearly tongue in cheek, eluding to the fact that some posters on here seem to think that Soto is the second coming. Clearly every thread (what I actually said) isn’t about Soto, it was an embellishment to make a light hearted point.

However, if you’re going to take umbrage with that and fire shots back, please do make them accurate.

Alternatively, just chill out!