Well b back

Chelsea about to sack Lampard

So, no more Frank Lampard's Chelsea.

Add to that Frank Lampard's Derby County and you wonder where he might end next

Edited by Making Plans

7 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

This is someone's quote on the BBC

By 2028 you'll never be more than 2 socially distanced meters from an Ex-Chelsea manager.

🤣

That applies to Watford as well Wazzy.

You would think that by appointing a young manager, the Chelsea board would have seen it as a long-term strategy and ride out a few dips. Apparently not.

I suppose he has been given 18 months, but this seems particularly stupid as I don't believe there was any real pressure from the fans either. Perhaps there is more too it (or maybe not given its Chelsea) but it just seems bizarre they would hire a manager who has absolutely no experience at this level, and extremely limited experience in general, and then sack him when they have their first poor period of results.

The biggest headline here is who is likely going in... Thomas Tuchel. Ex-Dortmund main man who has close ties with DF. Will we be seeing some Chelsea talent coming our way on loan?

12 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

The biggest headline here is who is likely going in... Thomas Tuchel. Ex-Dortmund main man who has close ties with DF. Will we be seeing some Chelsea talent coming our way on loan?

If (still a big if) we get promoted we'll need to beef up our midfield. Ruben Loftus-Cheek maybe, assuming Fulham get relegated. 

I think this also highlights the danger of hiring club legends as managers- it will almost always end in tears and potentially harm their legacy. Bryan Gunn springs to mind. 

• Like 2

Trump in, make Chelsea great again. He knows all about the soccer goals, in fact he's the best at it. He could continue to work with his Russian friends. 

42 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

So, no more Frank Lampard's Chelsea.

Add to that Frank Lampard's Derby County and you wonder where he might end next

Shamberts  replacement 😇

34 minutes ago, Ian said:

You would think that by appointing a young manager, the Chelsea board would have seen it as a long-term strategy and ride out a few dips. Apparently not.

I suppose he has been given 18 months, but this seems particularly stupid as I don't believe there was any real pressure from the fans either. Perhaps there is more too it (or maybe not given its Chelsea) but it just seems bizarre they would hire a manager who has absolutely no experience at this level, and extremely limited experience in general, and then sack him when they have their first poor period of results.

I think with Eden Hazard leaving and the transfer ban they weren't an attractive proposition for many managers, especially as Chelsea managers don't tend to last long. Lampard had enough clout with the fans and club to be an effective stopgap for 12 months.

If the rumours are true and Thomas Tuchel gets the job (after leaving PSG last month), then Chelsea were just waiting for a more experienced manager to be available.

8 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Off to Ipswich

Harry Redknapp got him an interview after Mick McCarthy left, but Frank said after talking with the club he wasn't interested because they didn't have any money to spend.

Frank Lampard's Chelsea just sacked Frank Lampard from Chelsea? Jesus, I need a sit down and a drink to get my head around the inception level of sacking there. Who's club is it now? 

36 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I think with Eden Hazard leaving and the transfer ban they weren't an attractive proposition for many managers, especially as Chelsea managers don't tend to last long. Lampard had enough clout with the fans and club to be an effective stopgap for 12 months.

If the rumours are true and Thomas Tuchel gets the job (after leaving PSG last month), then Chelsea were just waiting for a more experienced manager to be available.

I think if that were the case there would be surely better options for a stop-gap than a rookie club legend reportedly on 5.5 million a year?

Edited by Ian

Don’t think it’s really done Franks stock any harm, plus big payout personally, he’s done a decent job all things considered. Suspect we will see him bottom half Prem/Top half Championship soon enough when the manager merry go round gets into full swing.

@Icecream Snow said If the rumours are true and Thomas Tuchel gets the job (after leaving PSG last month), then Chelsea were just waiting for a more experienced manager to be available.

Hopefully you quickly placed a bet on Sky-bet ?

'Tuchel announcement likely on Tuesday'

This is from The Athletic journalist David Ornstein:

"Thomas Tuchel is currently in Germany: subject to a negative Covid test he should be in London within 48 hours. Chelsea are working on a quarantine situation, but they hope he’ll be exempt as he's joining an elite sports environment. Announcement likely Tuesday."

4 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Mind-boggling levels of delusion with straw-clutching thrown in. At least the first response sounds sane.

image.png.4d4d05231d773ee18a4dc30d178d70bd.png

Good Lord.