Van wink

Tomorrow’s Scummy Chip Paper

I can't work out if the club response is a "Vote of Confidence" or Marcus Evans telling the newspaper that they don't get to decide what he does.

• Like 1

With ongoing covid issues & the incoming wage cap it'd take quite a chunk to pay up that huge contract for a club in their position.

For me they're right on the precipice. Even if they changed manager now, it would have to be a Norwich-era Lambert level appointment to sneak them back up. Fail to do that however and I would say they've officially set down roots in their new home.

Oh no

How awful.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Found an interesting article from when Evans bought the club in 2008

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/jan/09/ipswichtown.championship#comment-112615

The problem with investors trying to run a club as a business venture is that when it starts going wrong they just want to cuts costs and minimise losses.

Cut from the same shabby cloth as Ashley, at least Ashley claims to be a fan, it’s very hard not to revel in all this. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Found an interesting article from when Evans bought the club in 2008

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/jan/09/ipswichtown.championship#comment-112615

The problem with investors trying to run a club as a business venture is that when it starts going wrong they just want to cuts costs and minimise losses.

Fascinating read, it shows the tightrope that mid-sized clubs walk when it comes to investment. In many ways of the clubs mentioned Coventry have had it worse being forced to play 22 miles away, Derby look like they have more bad news to come although Leicester have struck gold.

51 minutes ago, Van wink said:

it’s very hard not to revel in all this. 

Do what I do, sit back and cry with laughter🤣

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Do what I do, sit back and cry with laughter🤣

But then I'd wet myself

What manager would want to go there. The fans are toxic hounding out manager after manager. They still cannot accept where they are in the football hierarchy and once they do that the rebuilding can begin. ( not too soon I hope).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Things must be desperate in IP1 for those headlines.

Archant aren't known for nailing their colours to the mast when things are the pits at our place.

That would never happen under Nigel Pickover. 🤣

39 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Forum | Even Norwich fans are bored of it now by Woolfenthen | TWTD.co.uk

Some deluded buffoon believes we are beginning to have genuine concern for their demise.

I mean the situation currently is funny, especially as Lambert is involved, but I do feel a bit sorry for them.  The rivalry is obviously much better when we are competing on a similar level, the Play-Off Semi Finals recently and the Milk Cup semi in the past are proof enough of that.

If they continue to struggle, and remain stuck in the lower leagues for years it will get boring.  Then when/if the wheel turns, it will be far much more fun for them than for us.  If they get stuck permanently, who becomes our rival then?  Spurs?  West Ham? Leicester?  None of them will care about us, and rightly so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ncfcstar said:

I mean the situation currently is funny, especially as Lambert is involved, but I do feel a bit sorry for them.  The rivalry is obviously much better when we are competing on a similar level, the Play-Off Semi Finals recently and the Milk Cup semi in the past are proof enough of that.

If they continue to struggle, and remain stuck in the lower leagues for years it will get boring.  Then when/if the wheel turns, it will be far much more fun for them than for us.  If they get stuck permanently, who becomes our rival then?  Spurs?  West Ham? Leicester?  None of them will care about us, and rightly so. 

You want them back in either the Championship or Premier League then by the look of things ? 

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You want them back in either the Championship or Premier League then by the look of things ? 

After a few seasons in the lower leagues I have no problem with that, I'd love to have a couple of derbies to look forward to.  So long as they don't get ideas of becoming better than us.

7 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

After a few seasons in the lower leagues I have no problem with that, I'd love to have a couple of derbies to look forward to.  So long as they don't get ideas of becoming better than us.

They can have all the ideas they like, we all know this particular wheel will take a long long time to turn.

17 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Opinions seem to be divided between those of us who suffered from 1975 to 1985 and the younger ones who have rarely known anything other than Norwich superiority. 

I suffered and I'd like them to stay where they are. 

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Like being unhappily married to a 10. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. 

I think of it as more like my first wife, I'm enjoying being apart 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

I think of it as more like my first wife, I'm enjoying being apart 😁

I'm sure she's enjoying it more FF! 😊 

• Haha 2

On 25/01/2021 at 11:40, TIL 1010 said:

Forum | Even Norwich fans are bored of it now by Woolfenthen | TWTD.co.uk

Some deluded buffoon believes we are beginning to have genuine concern for their demise.

Never! I will never tire of seeing them suffer . Let them rot . Hope they stay there for ever , slumping deeper into the rancid cess pool that is Ipswich.

Bung them in the conference . Let the whole club go to eternal hell , fire and damnation. 

There . I feel better now . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Not now she's married to you 😁

Well as you have alluded to, I'm an upgrade on you. 

I should set my bar higher. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Not now she's married to you 😁

Well at least you didn't put her off giving it another try FF. 😜