Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

LB, CM, attack and Middlesboro

Anyone know why Quintilla didn't start yesterday? I thought he was fit to play.

Was hoping Quintilla would start yesterday to give Sorensen another chance to gel in midfield. Alas no which leaves a fair few conundrums for Middlesboro at LB, CM & attack.

IMO either Quintilla or Gian will be available to start at LB. I'm basing that on Mclean now being sidelined due to covid, and I'd worry its too soon for Rupp after a rather rusty performance yesterday. I'd hope we could start with Sorenson & Skipp in the middle.

That leaves us sweating over whether Pukki will be fit or not. If not, would you start with Idah, which is a risk after his time out, try Omeyete, or maybe have Cantwell (if fit) Dowell & Buendia, with Placheta taking the solitary striker berth?  

I was thinking about this earlier. I'm sure DF would ideally go with Rupp on Saturday, but he admitted starting him vs Barnsley was maybe a bit too soon for him.

As Middlesborough will pose more of a physical threat, I'd expect to see Sorensen stay at left back and Tettey play next to Skipp in the middle - allowing OS a bit more freedom. 

Apparently Pukki could have played yesterday but they didn't want to risk it, so hopefully he'll be ok for Saturday.

From DF’s presser on Friday.....I can’t recommend enough listening to / reading what the manager says to the local press the day before a game.

As for Boro I can see Tettey slotting next to Skipp if Rupp isn’t deemed ready.  

D64D8D69-DF0E-46A4-BC29-F60179AA2D85.png

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Anyone know why Quintilla didn't start yesterday? I thought he was fit to play.

Was hoping Quintilla would start yesterday to give Sorensen another chance to gel in midfield. Alas no which leaves a fair few conundrums for Middlesboro at LB, CM & attack.

IMO either Quintilla or Gian will be available to start at LB. I'm basing that on Mclean now being sidelined due to covid, and I'd worry its too soon for Rupp after a rather rusty performance yesterday. I'd hope we could start with Sorenson & Skipp in the middle.

That leaves us sweating over whether Pukki will be fit or not. If not, would you start with Idah, which is a risk after his time out, try Omeyete, or maybe have Cantwell (if fit) Dowell & Buendia, with Placheta taking the solitary striker berth?  

Who is this Omeyete fella? !   
Whoever they go with, sure we’ll find a way!   Hoping this is a chance to bring the Greek lad in and move Sorensen alongside Skipp like you say.   
Platcheta doesn’t seem quite ready to start yet... Hopefully Pukki or Idah are back or Soto has an exceptional week at Colney!    

Edited by ged in the onion bag

It was pretty clear from DF on Friday that Xavi couldn’t play due to COVID.  I’m not sure where this idea has come from that his fee/whether we buy him is linked to the number of games he plays: I’m pretty sure it isn’t.  As far as we are aware, he’s on loan for the season with a purchase price agreed at the end of it.  He’s only played just 8 games so even if there was a ‘he’s played xx games” thing it’d hardly kick in with that few appearances.

We’d have almost certainly started with him on Saturday and I think quite possibly with Sorensen in midfield.

9 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

It was pretty clear from DF on Friday that Xavi couldn’t play due to COVID.  I’m not sure where this idea has come from that his fee/whether we buy him is linked to the number of games he plays: I’m pretty sure it isn’t.  As far as we are aware, he’s on loan for the season with a purchase price agreed at the end of it.  He’s only played just 8 games so even if there was a ‘he’s played xx games” thing it’d hardly kick in with that few appearances.

We’d have almost certainly started with him on Saturday and I think quite possibly with Sorensen in midfield.

I thought Michael Bailey suggested the option becomes an obligation if he plays over 50% of our Championship games, so Saturday would have had no bearing on it if he was available. 

38 minutes ago, king canary said:

I thought Michael Bailey suggested the option becomes an obligation if he plays over 50% of our Championship games, so Saturday would have had no bearing on it if he was available. 

That’s a new one on me, but even if it’s the case he’d need to play 15 of our remaining games.