1 hour ago, king canary said:

I'm skeptical about either of them upfront due to the fact I think Boro can just sit deep and neutralize their pace. 

I get the sense bringing Drmic back in would be like bringing in a free transfer- he won't have trained much with the team and would likely need some time to get up to speed.

I still think this is a better option than playing someone out of position as a lone striker. 

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I'm skeptical about either of them upfront due to the fact I think Boro can just sit deep and neutralize their pace. 

I get the sense bringing Drmic back in would be like bringing in a free transfer- he won't have trained much with the team and would likely need some time to get up to speed.

I'll be surprised if Boro DON'T sit deep, but Onel's strength is in tight spaces and Placheta's already shown he can take up good positions. I do suspect, considering all players coming back, that it's going to be swapped around a lot. Can't see Pukki or Idah holding out for 90.

Unless there’s a real danger of Pukki being out for more than a couple of weeks I can’t see us bringing anyone else in.

We’d need someone who can hit the ground running and effectively play on Saturday.

so will need someone who is training with a top quality team and won’t need to self isolate (so even our own player Drmic is out on that basis).
We could go with Rhodes at a push as presumably he is training with the first team and he does know our squad and style (but he doesn’t even really suit a team set up for a Pukki type striker).

If it’s just a game or two I’d be oK with using Placheta as a nuisance forward with great pace and just encourage Buendia and cantwell to take more shots.

17 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

We were in the bottom half for almost all of the season and only secured safety in the penultimate match-we had been in a relegation battle all season.

By that sort of logic, everyone from West Brom downwards had been in a relegation battle that season...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, king canary said:

Yeah but what about Ter Stergen and Nani?

I love how you still bring that thread up as if it wasn't largely insane.

Because it wasn't.

I said in that post that Nani was unlikely at the time, and take out Ter Stegen, Auba and Isco, and the rest were all possibilities, and certainly not 'insane' suggestions.

We even went on to sign Klose ffs!

On 24/01/2021 at 10:31, mannings bandy legs said:

Feel we definitely need to get someone in.Don't think Idah or Soto can be expected to step up and fill the position of Pukki if,god forbid ,we lost him thru injury.Given the position we are in at moment,it would be nonsensical of Webber not to cover this possibility.

Well, that view is somewhat out of date. Farke has already given Idah that opportunity. That said, Soto is older than Idah too. Both are better than the young lad we have had on the bench as back up in recent weeks. They have been watching Soto and he wouldn't have been brought back if they didn't think he was up to a bigger challenge - there are a couple of days left and whilst he may go out on loan I am not sure at this point. Farke said he wanted to work with him so I think both will be here and playing a part. 

Have just heard that Brian Brobby of Ajax is unsettled since arrival  of Halle. He is only 18, Ajax dont pay their young players much. We can offer strong chance of Prem football  next season . Transfermarkt( I know) have him at under 4 million quid. Just sayin...