Sign in to follow this  
Mackrel829

Season Ticket Waiting List

Has anybody had any experience with the waiting list for season tickets?

I'm considering paying the £100 it would cost to get myself and my partner added to the list and wondered if anyone could advise from their personal experience as to roughly how long it would take to obtain them.

I also wonder if there might be more tickets available next season as people might give them up due to covid, either due to anxiety about returning to large crowds, or because a loss of work means they can no longer afford it.

Any advice would be appreciated, even if it's just a rough guess or conjecture!

There will be a few dead men’s shoes ( not trying to put you off ) the circle of life 😉

Edited by Van wink
  • Sad 1

Does it have to be £50 each every season to keep you on the list or is that a one-off payment that carries on until you get lucky?

16 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Does it have to be £50 each every season to keep you on the list or is that a one-off payment that carries on until you get lucky?

It's a £50 deposit, per ticket, that gets deducted from your season ticket when you're successful. Rolls over (if applicable) from season to season. 

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Is there currently a waiting list ?

Dunno if there is a list atm, BUT I believe 1000 'current' season ticket holders took the offer to have their money back. I know they get an option to renew when we are allowed back, but not sure the priority order. 

35 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Is there currently a waiting list ?

It still appears to be an option online, though I haven't gone through the process of actually adding to basket and attempting to pay.

There will be plenty of spaces if we're still in this league next season I suspect. 

However, I would put the money down to go on the waiting list. Ones thing for certain, IF we are promoted there will not be a spare seat in the place again, and with no sign of expansion that's not going to change for a long time yet.

• Like 1

The last time this was mentioned a couple of seasons ago, most of those on the waiting list were after seats in specific areas, like the Barclay lower tier, or central seats in either the City or South stands.

If, however, you’re not overly concerned about where you sit, you’ll probably get a seat quickly, but you may have to keep an eye out for being able to relocate to a better seat.

3 minutes ago, GMF said:

The last time this was mentioned a couple of seasons ago, most of those on the waiting list were after seats in specific areas, like the Barclay lower tier, or central seats in either the City or South stands.

If, however, you’re not overly concerned about where you sit, you’ll probably get a seat quickly, but you may have to keep an eye out for being able to relocate to a better seat.

This is helpful. Thanks a lot!

I think the problem may be getting two seats together. That's always been a problem. 

Good luck 

• Like 1

My partner, my mate and myself put ourselves on the waiting list last January and by March had been informed that we were successful in getting all three although not together but all in the same block. We are hoping to get closer together at some point but at this moment in time will just be happy to get to use them.

• Like 1

We joined the waiting list in June 2020 (2 x Adult tickets) and were duly offered tickets end of July 2020. They only had 2 together in the castle lounges, all others were separate in the corners or top rows of upper stands at the time. 

We declined then but are still on the waiting list. 

Edited by Bovril
  • Like 1

You think by late August early September  we’ll all be back at CR watching Luton or Man City

I have my doubts 

With all ST holders now paid up for next season and the likelihood of reduced capacity for a while, if not most of the season, I'd get my name on the list. I can't see much opportunity for casual tickets.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

With all ST holders now paid up for next season and the likelihood of reduced capacity for a while, if not most of the season, I'd get my name on the list. I can't see much opportunity for casual tickets.

I think you are right about reduced capacity, it’s going to be around for a long while yet unfortunately. Sale of new season tickets could well be a casualty of that.

I do worry how this will all reset. It's difficult to find any certainty in the foreseeable future and  my fear is that football becomes a tv sport with maybe no more than 40 professional clubs. 

Moving back to Norwich after too many years away, so my wife and I paid the £50 each to go on the waiting list. Phoned the Ticket Office to see what the situation was to be told there’s a waiting list of 1200. Not hopeful for next season so will have to take my chances with casual tickets through club membership and that will only come into play once full attendances are back as until then it will be season ticket only. Hopefully more games on Sky or IFollow or something similar in the Prem, if we get there, not wanting to tempt fate.

48 minutes ago, Northern Canary said:

Moving back to Norwich after too many years away, so my wife and I paid the £50 each to go on the waiting list. Phoned the Ticket Office to see what the situation was to be told there’s a waiting list of 1200. Not hopeful for next season so will have to take my chances with casual tickets through club membership and that will only come into play once full attendances are back as until then it will be season ticket only. Hopefully more games on Sky or IFollow or something similar in the Prem, if we get there, not wanting to tempt fate.

And to think there are people on here who seriously argue that demand isn't there to expand capacity.... Best of luck with your move and accessing games.

The potential demand has always been underestimated and if extra seating ever became available I would guess at least 5000 would be snapped up.

• Like 1

I believe the demand has always be there recently. Averaged just under 25k at home in 09/10 whilst in League 1. Risk needs to be assessed due to cost and in the current climate a prolonged stay in the Premier is the only way any stadium expansion will take place as has been said for many years now.

I can remember when 14,000 was quite a decent crowd at Carra. Living away for decades I gave up my season ticket, variety of reasons. I did manage 26 games in 18/19 season though. I’m interested in the amount of genuine supporters who don’t actually attend (in normal times), and the amount of non city fans who do actually get to games at Carrow Road in the home sections. Years ago I shared a season ticket with a mate, this worked really well, until he became unwell. I have a Palace mate and they have a pool of season tickets they share around amongst a group of mates - last time I was at Palace to see us  I used one to access the Holmesdale End (a child’s ticket). 

5 hours ago, corbs said:

last time I was at Palace to see us  I used one to access the Holmesdale End (a child’s ticket)

1DF001BF-A6E8-4D9E-905E-DEC77513D4E9.jpeg