cambridgeshire canary

***UNOFFICAL MATCH THREAD***

6 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I prefer San Miguel myself.

Let you into a boring secret.. San Tori is not a Chinese general but the proper spelling of Japanese whiskey makers, Suntory. Party on, nuff said! 🍻 

Shame about the result and performance... well. at least it didn’t really count towards the season. Good for the top brass to be aware of the second string, good and bad 

Edited by GenerationA47
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Let you into a boring secret.. San Tori is not a Chinese general but the proper spelling of Japanese whiskey makers, Suntory. Party on, nuff said! 🍻 

Shame about the result and performance... well. at least it didn’t really count towards the season. Good for the top brass to be aware of the second string, good and bad 

I knew it rang a bell! I googled San Tori but of course that didn’t find anything relevant.

13 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I knew it rang a bell! I googled San Tori but of course that didn’t find anything relevant.

Ten points to Gryffindor!! All my own knowledge is from wiki...
Full transliterated name is:

Santorī Hōrudingusu Kabushiki-Gaisha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was a really weird team selection from Farke, playing both Placheta and Hernandez with absolutely nothing behind them in Tettey and an unfit Rupp. Hugill was never going to get a touch. We knew Barnsley would do a Luton on us. Farke and his coaches must have been prepared to sacrifice the result simply to get minutes in legs, but why we played our first choice back 5 is a bit beyond me.

Even then we could have won it if Placheta had more control.

Hernandez, Hugill and Dowell were completely anonymous and I think the game bypassed Tettey completely. We can put one or two of our second string out and not notice, but 6 was just too many. The difference Skipp made when he came on was a bit embarrassing.

Edited by sgncfc
error

5 hours ago, sgncfc said:

It was a really weird team selection from Farke, playing both Placheta and Hernandez with absolutely nothing behind them in Tettey and an unfit Rupp. Hugill was never going to get a touch. We knew Barnsley would do a Luton on us. Farke and his coaches must have been prepared to sacrifice the result simply to get minutes in legs, but why we played our first choice back 5 is a bit beyond me.

Even then we could have won it if Placheta had more control.

Hernandez, Hugill and Dowell were completely anonymous and I think the game bypassed Tettey completely. We can put one or two of our second string out and not notice, but 6 was just too many. The difference Skipp made when he came on was a bit embarrassing.

Ultimately if Farke wanted to put out a team that would give us the best possible chance of winning the game then he wouldn't have made a single change from the league, so would've started Emi, Skipp etc.

He clearly feels though that long-term it's more important we give minutes to Dowell, Placheta, Hernandez, Rupp, even if throwing them all in at once is a incohesive and we lose the game as a result. Yes, none of them played overly well, but that was the main point of playing them all in this game, so that they can shake off some of that rustiness, get their fitness up and just get used to playing in football matches again. Hopefully now when they are called upon in the league they'll be more ready and will put in a better performance than they would have done had they not started in this one.

The only reason he played the first-choice back 5 is because we literally have no other fit defenders, with Xavi, Zimbo and Byram all out and Mumba/Omobamidele clearly not ready to start. If he could have played any of them as well I'm sure he would've done.

Edited by Pukki Blinders
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Pukki Blinders said:

Ultimately if Farke wanted to put out a team that would give us the best possible chance of winning the game then he wouldn't have made a single change from the league, so would've started Emi, Skipp etc.

He clearly feels though that long-term it's more important we give minutes to Dowell, Placheta, Hernandez, Rupp, even if throwing them all in at once is a incohesive and we lose the game as a result. Yes, none of them played overly well, but that was the main point of playing them all in this game, so that they can shake off some of that rustiness, get their fitness up and just get used to playing in football matches again. Hopefully now when they are called upon in the league they'll be more ready and will put in a better performance than they would have done had they not started in this one.

The only reason he played the first-choice back 5 is because we literally have no other fit defenders, with Xavi, Zimbo and Byram all out and Mumba/Omobamidele clearly not ready to start. If he could have played any of them as well I'm sure he would've done.

Except if he wasn't trying to win the game why risk Skipp and Buendia at all? I agree with much of what you say, but I suspect he also thought that Hernandez and Dowell in particular would be more effective than they turned out to be.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. Hope you're right about them being better when it counts!

• Like 1

Just for balance........ the 'all conquering ' Liverpool have won just one of their last seven games. Very few teams are in invincible, for long.

On 23/01/2021 at 21:08, GenerationA47 said:

For relaxing times make it...Suntory times.

• Like 1