Sign in to follow this  
Norwich City Fans Social Club

NCFSC - Next Event - Feb 18th - 7:30pm

Join us on Thursday 18th February at 7.30pm via Zoom for what is sure to be a fascinating evening. Tickets are £5 per household and include an online raffle ticket, all the money raised will go to the wonderful Community Sports Foundation

Born in Norwich and living his early life in Cromer it’s great to have a Norwich City fan feature so prominently in the media. Simon came to most people’s attention with a 6 year stint on one of everyone’s favourite childhood TV shows, Blue Peter.

In 2005 Simon started a long spell at Sky Sports and soon became a mainstay, initially on Sky Sports News and then most notably on Saturday lunch time and bank holiday games.

There he worked alongside all manner of footballing legends, including Graeme Souness, Jamie Redknapp and Thierry Henry, so we’re sure he’ll have a lot of interesting stories to tell.

After tragic personal circumstances Simon left Sky Sports and is now the president of Blood Cancer UK. Since then Simon has become a prominent podcaster with series such as, “Life, Interrupted”, author, and began presenting football again with Amazon Prime Video Sport.

Tickets can be purchased here  http://www.ncfsc.co.uk/an-evening-with-simon-thomas-18th-february/

Simon-Thomas-Landscape-Web.jpg

Edited by Norwich City Fans Social Club
  • Thanks 1

You will be delighted to know Diane that i have got to grips with this Zoom thingy me jig and will be able to join you on 18th Feb. Lockdown has given me a window of opportunity to improve my technology skills. 😂

On 24/01/2021 at 14:31, TIL 1010 said:

You will be delighted to know Diane that i have got to grips with this Zoom thingy me jig and will be able to join you on 18th Feb. Lockdown has given me a window of opportunity to improve my technology skills. 😂

You are getting to grips with this modern technology Tilly, I'm impressed, don't forget to book the event.

Hope my regulars will join us too @......and Smith must score.  @lake district canary @Feedthewolf  @nutty nigel  , there were others from here at the last zoom forum, but cant remember who they were but will remind you when I find the last booking list, lol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Diane said:

You are getting to grips with this modern technology Tilly, I'm impressed, don't forget to book the event.

In lockdown it was a needs must situation Diane as i sit on a committee where we are struggling to conform to our constitution and Zoom was the only way to hold meetings. It will save hundreds of e-mails flying around.

As for not forgetting your event something tells me you will not let that happen. 😜

We've had a brilliant response to this event and we only launched it last weekend.

If you want to come the booking form is here  https://bookonline.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk/norwich_city_fans_social_club_an_evening_with_simon_thomas_18022021#init

Will remind you all again  a week before, think a lot of you are on twitter/facebook anyway so will see the reminders on there

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

He's a lovely guy and readily agreed to do our forum straightaway, really looking forward to it tbh, remember him on Blue Peter, bet he'll have some interesting stories to tell

13 minutes ago, Diane said:

He's a lovely guy and readily agreed to do our forum straightaway, really looking forward to it tbh, remember him on Blue Peter, bet he'll have some interesting stories to tell

You remember him on Blue Peter ?? Blimey i thought Christopher Trace and Valerie Singleton were more your era.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Haha 1

Really looking forward to what will be another fantastic and informative evening organised by the lovely guys at the social club. Great to see Simon Thomas back on our TV screens and I for one am looking forward to hearing his story. 

8 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Thanks for reminding me about this Diane.

Your post advertising the event has slipped off the top page. Maybe ask Pete if he'd pin it ?

Thanks for booking Graham. I have a diary note for Friday to ask @Pete Raven to pin it for us, bit early yet 😀

Another good event Diane. Hope everyone enjoys and you raise plenty of money, awareness and laughs. Certainly needed currently. 

@Pete Raven would  you be able to pin this thread please?

On 11/02/2021 at 11:40, lake district canary said:

Got my ticket. Looking forward to it 👍

Thanks Lakey for your support. Bit overwhelmed with the response to this one tbh, thought it might be popular but wasn't sure if we would match the numbers we got for the two players forums, but we are nearly there with a few days to go yet.

I asked Pete to unpin this as bookings close tonight so if you want to join us suggest you do so before the game starts.

Thanks to everyone who supported us and CSF on here, much appreciated

Just booked my place - hoping that a late booking will mean my raffle ticket is near the top when drawn!!

Thanks to everyone who booked, much appreciated.

Zoom link will be emailed to you by CSF at 7 ish tonight, if its not in your inbox, check your other boxes.

See you all at 7:30 pm well I won't see you but you know what I mean 😀