Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Favourite 3 managers of Norwich City

In no particular order 

Saunders (gave us our first taste of top flight football) 

Bond ( signed some fantastic players and gave NCFC its identity for pleasing on the eye football) 

Farke ( had to sell everyone who was worth money and will go on to manage a huge club in time) 

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

In no particular order 

Saunders (gave us our first taste of top flight football) 

Bond ( signed some fantastic players and gave NCFC its identity for pleasing on the eye football) 

Farke ( had to sell everyone who was worth money and will go on to manage a huge club in time) 

Same for me Midlands.

In a particular order for me , at the time 

Farke.     Simply the best for me

Brown.     Bloody loved the bloke , cried when he left .

Lambert.     4-1 and 5-1 . 

Edited by Pockthorpe
Reasons why

In the time that I’ve supported Norwich I would go for:

Worthington - got us very close to promotion in 2002, then won the title for our first promotion in my time supporting them 2 years later

Lambert - got us straight back up to the 2nd tier as champions, won automatic promotion to the top flight the following season finishing us mid table in the PL, kept our rivals in the 3rd tier for an extra season and might possibly even keep them in there longer...

Farke - won the title, and although we didn’t stay up I think this was more down to injuries and insufficient funds not poor management and now looks poised to take us straight back up 

If I was about 5 or so years older I might put Walker in there - I was alive during his first spell as manager and that UEFA cup run, it's just my Dad didn't introduce me to football until about 1996 (I remember him saying to me "last season Norwich were in the Premiership")

Edited by HazzaJet
  • Like 1

Stringer, Walker*, Farke

*For his first spell, and ignoring the sense of treachery when he went to Everton

Edited by Grando
  • Like 1

Quite a few notables but ignoring any rose tinted modern day specs -

Stringer - created the team that Walker got so close to a modern day Leicester.

Saunders -  Our first big time.

Bond - The days of Peters

Something like that.

Stringer (local boy did good)

Worthington (saved us from the drop, playoffs and promotion)

Bond (changed the brand of football we played. Ever since we have been known as a footballing side)

Favourite (not necessarily the most successfully but in terms of how they managed, the sense of bringing something different and the way their teams played being a kind of vision) is Bond without a doubt. After him, probably Stringer and then Farke.

Saunders, promotion to the 1st division for the first time in our history.

Bond, changed our footballing approach totally. And what a character.

Brown, Wembley 1985.

Farke may usurp one of these in the near future, but is not quite there yet.

Stringer, Walker Mark 1, and Farke. Loved Worthy too actually, and O’Neill for *THAT* play off final. It’s a shame I can’t include Lambert on that list but so much stuff has happened.

Saunders, Brown, Lambert and all three stabbed the club and fans in the back - thanks guys. 

Lambert- obviously a **** but gave me the best three years as a Norwich supporter I can remember.

Worthington- I was 13 in the 01/02 season so some of the memories from his spell here are some of my most treasured as a youth.

Farke- the best times came after I'd already given up my season ticket but still amazing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Surfer said:

Saunders, Brown, Lambert and all three stabbed the club and fans in the back - thanks guys. 

Brown was sacked wasn't he?

My three, in no order are Bond, Walker and Farke, because of the football played. Next in line are Brown and Lambert

Favourites (don’t remember pre Walker):

Farke

Neil - don’t know if I’m surprised or not that he’s not been mentioned. Loved the appointment of an unknown and even more so his arrival to the club pretty much at half time vs Bournemouth. A wonderful, whirlwind of a half season that culminated in one of the best days out I’ve ever had to a football match. He was very much learning and found wanting in the PL but a really nice bloke to talk to and seemed a very good man manager.

Walker

(simply can’t put Lambert in there as a favourite because he has shamefully destroyed his reputation. The football was superb and the 3 seasons were some of the best football I’ve had the pleasure of seeing, so thanks but good riddance. Also, Farke has eclipsed the Lambert championship season quite comfortably)