Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

How long did it take for Norwich to win a game

Four days, we beat Boro 1-0 at CR on 9th March 1977. Can’t find the scorer so perhaps somebody who was there or remembers might be able to oblige? 

1 hour ago, Matt Juler said:

I was born pre-season in late July, so the first competitive victory wasn't for 22 days against Lincoln City in the Football League Group Cup. 

More recently I can remember that for my son we lost 4-0 the day after he was born, and we didn't pick up a win for 34 days.

On the day our daughter was born we were cruising 3-0 up at Elland Road, but ended up drawing 3-3. Can remember Mrs J not sharing quite as much disappointment as me at full time! Was only a short wait for a win, 8 days later we thumped QPR 4-0 at home on the last game of the season. 

On a slight tangent, we won the Milk Cup on my sister's birthday and won the Play off Final on my Mum's birthday. Unfortunately, neither were bothered when I pointed this out to them (possibly because I didn't turn up for their parties? ) 🙂 

• Haha 2

This is a wonderful opportunity to scrape sensitive data from you all, as many responders cannot resist giving the extra unasked for information that allows the exact date to be pinpointed. Mwahahaha!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, GenerationA47 said:

This is a wonderful opportunity to scrape sensitive data from you all, as many responders cannot resist giving the extra unasked for information that allows the exact date to be pinpointed. Mwahahaha!

Sssh, don't tell em Pike!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

I think I knew your mother Generation ? What was her maiden name again? Oh, and your first pet? 

• Haha 1

Three days after i was born we drew 0-0 away at Port Vale and ten days after i was born we beat Northampton 2-1 at home.

3 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

Not me, I lied so I could win as I've never won anything before 😆

• Thanks 1

Great question this! 

Turns out mine was almost a full month. Born 8th December and they didn't win a game until 2nd Jan, an FA Cup game against Stoke... 

I think I win for longest time before a victory during the season. I was born near the start of a 12-match winless run, which was finally broken on April 2nd 1980 when we beat Arsenal 2-1 at FCR. I was 48 days old by that time...!