Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

How long did it take for Norwich to win a game

after you were born?

Saw a similar thread on TWTD and thought I'd look up how long it took City to win a game after I was born.

It was 9 days (The first game after I was born was a hammering unfortunately 😞  but it didn't put me off 🙂 ) 

Anyone else want to play if you're bored? Did Norwich celebrate your entry into the World with a win on the same day?

3 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

1 day. 2-0 victory over Everton 

and

first win over the Scum came 4 days later. 1-0 in The League Cup

Niiiice 

I was at that Binners game 🙂 

Edited by Crabbycanary3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

5 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Beat Spurs 2-1 on my birthday so I guess I win 😆

You've got to be up there Rich T, but if someone has a bigger winning margin, or was born, say on the 24th March 1985..............

Edited by Crabbycanary3

Born c. Lunchtime on 7 December 1963, a few hours later Norwich had beaten Cardiff at Ninian  Park 2-1!  Yay, what an arrival.

16 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Beat Spurs 2-1 on my birthday so I guess I win 😆

Shef has prompted a stewards inquiry Rich T. What time of the day were you born? 😉 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I do believe so 😉

5 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Shef has prompted a stewards inquiry Rich T. What time of the day were you born? 😉 

Mine was a 19:30 kick off. I was born 19 hours and 30 minutes before we beat Spurs 2-1...

to be honest I can't really remember too much of what was going on after I was born

spent most of my time asleep rather than checking football results

6 days. I must have been a good omen though. Won the day before I was born, then went on for four more wins in a row. The whole of September 71 was a corker. 5 wins, 1 draw.👍

So I checked this. It was 17 days after I was born when we beat Palace 1-0 in the opening game 56/57. Johnny Gavin scored.

We went on to finish bottom of the football league.

Looking at the team Charlie Billington was centre half. A player I wish I'd seen play after hearing so many stories from other players and supporters from that time🙃

Mine was August 1959 against Tranmere. We also played Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic in Division 3 South that year. First time I've ever heard that name 

I was born pre-season in late July, so the first competitive victory wasn't for 22 days against Lincoln City in the Football League Group Cup. 

More recently I can remember that for my son we lost 4-0 the day after he was born, and we didn't pick up a win for 34 days.

On the day our daughter was born we were cruising 3-0 up at Elland Road, but ended up drawing 3-3. Can remember Mrs J not sharing quite as much disappointment as me at full time! Was only a short wait for a win, 8 days later we thumped QPR 4-0 at home on the last game of the season. 

8 hours ago, Felixfan said:

Unfortunately no league games in my birth year.

What was going on?