Sign in to follow this  
The Priest

From a Saints message board

Don''t write off Jim Brennan. He''s an attacking left back - a replacement for Le Saux, which Rednapp didn''t seem to think we needed.

Good God are they in for a shock

Oh how i laughed

So Dicky/Squit, given your inference toward Brennan, I see that you are capable of negative attitudes toward things associated with Norwich City. Seeing as you are normally suppressing this hostility may I enquire as to whether you take pills to help you with that? Are there any other negatives you are willing to share with us about the club as opposed to your normal one-liner criticisms without intellectual opinion attached?

I know it''s the winter period but may I suggest you take up residence in your portable toilet and meditate until you come up with approximately 500 words of intellectual splendour that actually expresses an opinion on something ( anything ), at which point I, for one, will be happy to look upon you in a completely new light.

give Burley time and Jim brennan will be a premiership player before any of our lot are again im willing to bet

jas :)

Yes, Yankee.

You should have heard him defend the manager from all comers but SLATE Doherty with a venomous passion.

Probably slightly regretting that now, though.

" His managerial record is *FAR* better "

That''s priceless (or would be if I didn''t know the source)

Andy Marshall - £3m in wages

Finito George - £3m in wages

Semprini £3m in wages

Reuser £3m in wages

chuck in transfer fees or around £7m plus any signing on fees, another £1m or so for Le Pen and his wages and you can soon see how the poor old impovershed binners ended up sit creek without a paddle. All the above failed gloriously.

Never mind, wee George soon headed off to Derby, where he fell out with the chairman before joining Hearts where... errr, he fell out with the chairman and has now tipped up at Southampton where the chairman may well be the one falling out.

A degree of incompetence and mismanagement that might just be excused were it not funded by such a reckless wasting of money.

Any wonder the anti club brigade might want the rest of us to see him in a positive light.

[quote user="Mook"]

Yes, Yankee.

You should have heard him defend the manager from all comers but SLATE Doherty with a venomous passion.

[/quote]

And here comes Mook - every player that worthy has signed is top quality, we understand this Mook. Its just a damn shame with such good players we are 11th in the fizzy pop league. I wonder where the problem lies - oh what do i here you say there is no problem. ahhh your another of the 50+ acept mediocraty and failure league, i understand now, and i thought you guys liked good football

its Sheepshanks that set the wages Maddan.. Not Burley...

He left Derby because he wanted more money for team strengthening and was told he couldnt have it....

More fool Hearts for blowing the Scottish title when the Chairman meddled....

I reckon he will take the Saints up... And with Lowe and Woodward there that will be no mean feat

jas :)

[quote user="MadDan"]" His managerial record is *FAR* better "

That''s priceless (or would be if I didn''t know the source)

Andy Marshall - £3m in wages

Finito George - £3m in wages

Semprini £3m in wages

Reuser £3m in wages

chuck in transfer fees or around £7m plus any signing on fees, another £1m or so for Le Pen and his wages and you can soon see how the poor old impovershed binners ended up sit creek without a paddle. All the above failed gloriously.

Never mind, wee George soon headed off to Derby, where he fell out with the chairman before joining Hearts where... errr, he fell out with the chairman and has now tipped up at Southampton where the chairman may well be the one falling out.

A degree of incompetence and mismanagement that might just be excused were it not funded by such a reckless wasting of money.

Any wonder the anti club brigade might want the rest of us to see him in a positive light.[/quote]

"a reckless wasting of money." - well i can name you one manager whom has recklesly wasted his allocation of premiership money, no doubt if we had an idiot chairman he could have wasted even more of it.

also - burley''s teams play good football, not a critism that you could lay at worthys door...

so lets go to the stats eh

Worthy

played 386

won 146

lost 148

drawn 92

worthy has 1 season turning as relegation threatened team into play-off finalists, 1 promotion and a relegation in the season the lowest ever points total stayed up followed by dismantling the squad along the way and a sacking from blackpool after being hated by the fans for his tactics and poor results

Burley

played 556

won 243

lost 183

drawn 130

he has 2 seasons in europe numerous play-off seasons and a 5th place finish in the prem. he turned a relegation threatened Derby into play-off challenging team making 2 absolute steal signings on the way (rasiak & idiakiz both free) took hearts to there longest unbeaton run EVER

[quote user="Mook"]

Yes, Yankee.

[/quote]

I don''t think I''ve ever slated Doherty, unless you mean that Baby Shanbles bloke.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

I would take him over Worthy in an instant.  His managerial record is *FAR* better

[/quote]His transfers were comical at best. I suppose Finidi George was a blinding bit of business...oh Andy Marshall too...how we laughed.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

So Dicky/Squit, given your inference toward Brennan, I see that you are capable of negative attitudes toward things associated with Norwich City. Seeing as you are normally suppressing this hostility may I enquire as to whether you take pills to help you with that? Are there any other negatives you are willing to share with us about the club as opposed to your normal one-liner criticisms without intellectual opinion attached?

I know it''s the winter period but may I suggest you take up residence in your portable toilet and meditate until you come up with approximately 500 words of intellectual splendour that actually expresses an opinion on something ( anything ), at which point I, for one, will be happy to look upon you in a completely new light.

[/quote]

I not sure I want you to look at me in a new light and 500 words of intellectual splendour is just too much like watsted effort for you lot as most of you don''t read past the first paragraph. I will share a negative about the club with you, it seems to attract some dishonourable people as supporters.

hey dicky/cap''n squat its the duke here!! I see you are still doing your butler impression, standing up for your master no matter how much of a numptey he is!! this club has good fans, and a couple of blind ones who dont attend matches too.  Your club has terrible fans whom like a portaloo and a man with a big head.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

hey dicky/cap''n squat its the duke here!! I see you are still doing your butler impression, standing up for your master no matter how much of a numptey he is!! this club has good fans, and a couple of blind ones who dont attend matches too.  Your club has terrible fans whom like a portaloo and a man with a big head.

[/quote]

What on earth are you talking about? This multiple personality disorder has seriously affected your ability to put a sensible sentance together, go and have a lie down in a dark room (thats to both of you).

I cant see that Southampton have done much wrong, he''s got a 6 month contract to show his worth. if he doesnt or he''s not good enough he''s gone. Whats so wrong with that ? At the worst it''ll cost them about £80k, at best he could be a good buy. Just becasue worthy couldnt get anything out of him it doesnt mean no-one else can.

" ts Sheepshanks that set the wages Maddan.. Not Burley... "

errr no. Sheepshanks sets the spending limits it is the manager who decides how that money is spent. The clue is in his title.

But never fear. In the idiocy stakes there''s always dear old Paul to up the ante. Never mind the trail of destruction it''s the results alone that costs. Perhaps if you were to look a little bit closer you might see a pattern emerging.

Spendthrift chucks money at the problem. Leaves club. Refused money leaves club. Refused more money leaves club. Joins club where an enormous amount of money will theoretically soon be available.