Thirsty Lizard

Jacob 'Rag Doll' Sorensen

<Waits for Lakey to come along and criticise his 32nd and 84th touches for being the wrong colour or something. And to tell Jacob never to use the Internet>

• Haha 4

Superb technical ability, doesn't matter where he plays. I counted what two, possibly three misplaced passes?

Unfortunately it looks though he could easily play at a higher level, so enjoy him while you can!

He looked class the moment he first stepped out for us in this league. We appear to have an abundance of excellent midfielders at this level, lets hope, if we go up some of them excel in that division as well.

I for one feel he will be one to do so. 

And the remark about knocking out the school bully is absolutely spot on. 

• Like 1

Brilliant player.  I know i compared him to Bobby Moore / Franz Beckenbauer last night, which may be OTT (but only a smidgeon), but he is just so composed and balanced.  If he can just work on his left peg a bit .....  Or more seriously wait until he plays in the middle of the park, spraying passes.  Or how about him alongside Gibson next season?

But how **** were Brizzle?  95% of that video was of him in their half.  

36 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

Do we miss Jamil Lewis NO got good money for him

Made off like bandits on that one. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Superb technical ability, doesn't matter where he plays. I counted what two, possibly three misplaced passes?

Unfortunately it looks though he could easily play at a higher level, so enjoy him while you can!

Well hopefully he'll be playing at a higher level next season with us. 

11 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Think he’s enjoying the left ack role. Getting better and better with each game.  Giannoulis is going to have to be some player to get ahead of Lungi in the team now.

Yeah, the way we play out from the back means he gets a lot of touches, and it's always a good sign your team mates will pass to you!

Once he's up to speed I've no doubt Gianoullis will claim the LB position- NCFC don't spend money to have it sit on the bench. It will be a difficult decision for Farke but if it were me I'd initially move McLean forward and let Sorensen patrol that midfield area. He's too good to drop.

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Well hopefully he'll be playing at a higher level next season with us. 

Well obviously, but Sorensen won't play in the Championship again after this season, so we'd better get up and stay up.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

<Waits for Lakey to come along and criticise his 32nd and 84th touches for being the wrong colour or something. And to tell Jacob never to use the Internet>

No, apparently I only ever criticise one player.....

• Haha 1

Excellent. I was particularly impressed by how many touches he had and hardly any of them resulted in losing possession. He still should have passed to Placheta slightly earlier though, just held on too long!

His one two with TC then drive into the box crossing in front of the defender was excellent play in particular (see from 2.40)

Last night represented a real improvement for him in terms of getting forwards IMO - particularly that second half. Easily his best overall performance for us!

We all know how silky with the ball at his feet he is, but last night was like something clicked for him In terms of marauding forwards and overlapping. Like he finally felt truly comfortable in those areas of the pitch. 

I would wager he put more balls in the box from near the byline in that second half than he had done in total for the previous 15-17ish games he’s been at LB! He had the beating of their defence every time; chopping left or right and crossing with either foot! Nearly every delivery was quality too.

He’s set himself a new standard and I think he must now be full of confidence - hope he keeps it up! 

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

It’s a good job we’re getting promoted then at least we’ll keep hold of him for another 18 months. 😉

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yeah, the way we play out from the back means he gets a lot of touches, and it's always a good sign your team mates will pass to you!

Once he's up to speed I've no doubt Gianoullis will claim the LB position- NCFC don't spend money to have it sit on the bench. It will be a difficult decision for Farke but if it were me I'd initially move McLean forward and let Sorensen patrol that midfield area. He's too good to drop.

*Cough* Fahrmann *cough*

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

No, apparently I only ever criticise one player.....

It’s just occurred to me, have we ever seen you and Waveney in the same room? 🤔 😉😂

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The way he glides around the pitch is quite Howson esque in his prime.

From now on I'm calling him 'Stroller Sorensen'. 🙂 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The way he glides around the pitch is quite Howson esque in his prime.

Howson was massively over rated. Anonymous in most games. Never kicked on from the promised he showed at Leeds.

Sorensen from what I have seen looks class, unflappable, strong in the tackle, mobile, has match awareness, decent pace and is a decent age. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do in midfield at the weekend. 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Howson was massively over rated. Anonymous in most games. Never kicked on from the promised he showed at Leeds.

Sorensen from what I have seen looks class, unflappable, strong in the tackle, mobile, has match awareness, decent pace and is a decent age. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do in midfield at the weekend. 

Seems a very harsh judgement. Thought he was a very consistent performer for us over five seasons, three of which were in the Premier League. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

You say that but only a couple weeks ago you were rabitting on about how you don't rate Todd sooooo...

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You say that but only a couple weeks ago you were rabitting on about how you don't rate Todd sooooo...

I gave Todd valid criticism in my view and in many other contributors views. He seems to have kicked on which I applaud. As for Howson, he was no better player when we signed him to the day he left. He has the occasional very good game but on the whole I’d sum him up as being unspectacular and underwhelming.