Sign in to follow this  
horsefly

Feigning head injuries

I was very pleased to see the ref refuse to stop play when Tommy Rowe feigned a head injury yesterday. Too many players are using the slightest of contact with the head to collapse to the ground in order to stop play and gain an advantage. Obviously if there is a genuine head injury then play must stop, but yesterday's example was clearly feigned.

Very good to see a ref with the balls to refuse to be hoodwinked by such play acting.

The culprit is actually Aarons - anther theatrical dive in the 2nd half after m8nimsl contact

If you watch the highlights you will see that Hugill yet again pushes the opposition player. before knocking him to the ground - as he did just before the 2nd goal.

If their defender had been feigning injury he would not have done it in his OWN box, nor get up on his knees, but would have stayed down

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/norwich-2-bristol-city-0-extended-highlights-6921364

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Footballers pretending to be injured? Well I never

I know. It's as unusual as posters pretending to be  someone else. It's a mad mad world.

25 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I know. It's as unusual as posters pretending to be  someone else. It's a mad mad world.

oh dear

you haven't quite thought that through 😅

34 minutes ago, Bill said:

The culprit is actually Aarons - anther theatrical dive in the 2nd half after m8nimsl contact

If you watch the highlights you will see that Hugill yet again pushes the opposition player. before knocking him to the ground - as he did just before the 2nd goal.

If their defender had been feigning injury he would not have done it in his OWN box, nor get up on his knees, but would have stayed down

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/norwich-2-bristol-city-0-extended-highlights-6921364

I agree that Aarons performed a shocking dive!

But the defender was clearly feigning injury for the second. It was a completely accidental coming together and never a foul nor injury. 

And why is it so hard to believe that a defender would go down clutching his head after minimal contact to try to get play to stop and relieve the pressure? If we was injured why does he clearly get back up as the ball goes in? Why did he not receive any kind of treatment? 

And is with your persistent remarks on Hugill; ''Hugill yet again pushes the opposition player. before knocking him to the ground ''? Eh?

Your posts have been particularly unpleasant and antagonising of late (yes even for you); calling our style of play one-dimensional and pedestrian, bizarrely indicating that formations don't exist (??), weird antagonising threads about streaming clearly designed to get to posters to bite, refusing to credit Hugill's goals etc etc.

Are you deliberate trolling or accidentally stupid? 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I don't agree with any player diving so Aarons was indeed a naughty boy. Regarding your view of Hugill's challenge, even the Bristol manager said any contact with the head was unintentional and certainly didn't describe it as "knocking him to the ground". Take a look at the Bristol fan forums and you'll find the vast majority of posters are critical of the defender, not Hugill. He went down in his OWN box precisely because they were in a dangerous situation and he thought he could get the game stopped. Sadly players have become accustomed to weak referees automatically stopping games when a player drops to the floor clutching their head. If you honestly believe the contact made with his head was enough to constitute a genuine play-stopping injury I have to say I'm really suprised. As Hank and others have said, he got up and continued without treatment after the ball went in the net and his ploy had failed.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I agree that Aarons performed a shocking dive!

But the defender was clearly feigning injury for the second. It was a completely accidental coming together and never a foul nor injury. 

And why is it so hard to believe that a defender would go down clutching his head after minimal contact to try to get play to stop and relieve the pressure? If we was injured why does he clearly get back up as the ball goes in? Why did he not receive any kind of treatment? 

And is with your persistent remarks on Hugill; ''Hugill yet again pushes the opposition player. before knocking him to the ground ''? Eh?

Your posts have been particularly unpleasant and antagonising of late (yes even for you); calling our style of play one-dimensional and pedestrian, bizarrely indicating that formations don't exist (??), weird antagonising threads about streaming clearly designed to get to posters to bite, refusing to credit Hugill's goals etc etc.

Are you deliberate trolling or accidentally stupid? 

Its the other way round. 

Deliberately stupid and accidental  trolling. 

Even he doesnt know what he believes!! 😇😂👍

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

I don't agree with any player diving so Aarons was indeed a naughty boy. Regarding your view of Hugill's challenge, even the Bristol manager said any contact with the head was unintentional and certainly didn't describe it as "knocking him to the ground". Take a look at the Bristol fan forums and you'll find the vast majority of posters are critical of the defender, not Hugill. He went down in his OWN box precisely because they were in a dangerous situation and he thought he could get the game stopped. Sadly players have become accustomed to weak referees automatically stopping games when a player drops to the floor clutching their head. If you honestly believe the contact made with his head was enough to constitute a genuine play-stopping injury I have to say I'm really suprised. As Hank and others have said, he got up and continued without treatment after the ball went in the net and his ploy had failed.

It's ok. Bilious has demonstrated on more than one occasion that he doesnt understand football  at all.

In fact the truth is usually  the opposite  of what he posts.

53 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

bizarrely indicating that formations don't exist (??),

Oh goody, this one is back.

58 minutes ago, Bill said:

oh dear

you haven't quite thought that through 😅

And why is that? You have been told more than once,  I HAVE NEVER POSTED AS ANYONE ELSE....... Except in your head. 

Some posters  do, just as some footy players feign injury.  You feign intelligence.  Like I said, it's a mad mad world. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

2 hours ago, king canary said:

File it in the same section as "Brexit will never happen".

7 minutes ago, Ian said:

File it in the same section as "Brexit will never happen".

........or more likely ............."Ipswich win League 1 title at a canter" 

2 hours ago, king canary said:

He tried it with me the other day. Because sometimes Cantwell drifts inside it means we don't play any type of formation..apparently.