Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Oliver Skipp 👏

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

Did I say he wasn't good enough for us in the prem?

No, I apologise. You didn't. I got you mixed up with @dylanisabaddog I think. Which in my defence is vaguely understandable when your profile pic is a dog? Thats the best I can do 😅

Best central midfielder in the Championship for me. If we go up I'd make getting him on loan again our top priority for the summer, even if we have to pay out the nose for a loan fee he is  absolutely essential to making us tick, he's the perfect player for that number 6 role and for me is our best player relative to  the position they play.  I actually think Spurs wouldn't mind him playing 38 games in the PL for just one more year before they make him part of their first team, it would be better for his development than being a bit part player for them

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

Too premature/harsh on Tettey to say he is the best DM we've ever had?

For all the salivating hype about Buendia, the boy Skipp should be POTS by a country mile if the votes were cast now. CS is right (above). Don't think I have ever seen a Norwich player who is so consistent, never gets involved in 'on the field stuff', tremendous engine and great all round team player. Late on in the game today, a ball got played  in to our box, headed on by one of their forwards and looked to be falling to another white shirt who would have had a pretty much open goal from six yards. Suddenly a yellow shirt appeared and nicked the ball away at the last moment. No prizes for correct answer.

One of the few bright spots for Yids in last few weeks (if you look at their main fans forum) is the form of Skipp who they are drooling over welcoming back next season. Don't think they will be disappointed. 

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

No, I apologise. You didn't. I got you mixed up with @dylanisabaddog I think. Which in my defence is vaguely understandable when your profile pic is a dog? Thats the best I can do 😅

🤣🤣

2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

One of the few bright spots for Yids in last few weeks (if you look at their main fans forum) is the form of Skipp who they are drooling over welcoming back next season. Don't think they will be disappointed. 

Well I'm surprised a certain word in that paragraph made it through the filter. 

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

That’s poor, I got @sgncfc confused with @sonyc for a while making a similar mistake - but at least both their names begin with an ‘s’ and their dogs are vaguely the same colour... no such excuses for you  though there.

On 21/01/2021 at 11:44, sgncfc said:

Very well put. I also love his temperament - he just gets up and gets on with it if he's fouled; isn't afraid to take a yellow if he needs to; and doesn't (hopefully) get injured despite taking some whacks. A very promising player and the type that England haven't had for many years - the modern day, cleaner version of Nobby Stiles.

England did have such a player - Owen Hargreaves - but injury ruined his career.

My fear is that Jose Mourinho will see Skippy as the new Claude Makalele, and nobody knows the value of such a player more than Mourinho.

I'm a huge fan, player of the season so far by a country mile for me. I thought that he didn't have his best game yesterday,  though.  Some of his decision making was a bit off. I really hope we can persuade Spurs to give us another season of him whether we get promoted or not!

For his age, he's terrific. He sniffs the danger and reads the game so well.

The only area he needs to improve on is his passing, which makes me hopeful we might get him on loan next season if we go up, as I'm not convinced he's ready for a regular starting spot in a top  six team. 

14 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

It also has Buendia as £14 mil, never an accurate source for anything transfer-fee related... Despite the website's name...

Doesnt it value our whole squad at £106m. Would you accept an £106m offer for our whole 1st team squad.

Just now, Move Klose said:

Doesnt it value our whole squad at £106m. Would you accept an £106m offer for our whole 1st team squad.

No chance you'd get him for less than £20m.

Just need to hope Spurs think a loan at another premier league club will help him. Hopefully that will be us.