Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Bristol fans rate us

"And their left back is best full back Ive seen in league all season. Best player on park I thought. 

It would probably kill that poster if they knew he's not even a natural full back... 😁

• Haha 2

Some praise for us, but plenty of recognition that tactically they did not set up well enough.  We've seen it before, teams need to either set up to defend against us and hope to catch us on the break, or they need to press us relentlessly at the back to stifle our play to stand any chance against us. Bristol did neither.

If a team just turns up expecting just to play their game and not making special efforts to deal with  us, then they are asking for trouble and Bristol City, despite one or two bits of good play, didn't press well enough or defend in number well enough. Simply speaking, they played into our hands. We were excellent of course, took full advantage, but if I was  a Bristol City supporter, I would be disappointed that my team did not set up well enough tactically.

We probably still would have won, we seem to have most of the answers against most teams, but they were not great and not the Bristol City of a couple of years ago.

51 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Some praise for us, but plenty of recognition that tactically they did not set up well enough.  We've seen it before, teams need to either set up to defend against us and hope to catch us on the break, or they need to press us relentlessly at the back to stifle our play to stand any chance against us. Bristol did neither.

If a team just turns up expecting just to play their game and not making special efforts to deal with  us, then they are asking for trouble and Bristol City, despite one or two bits of good play, didn't press well enough or defend in number well enough. Simply speaking, they played into our hands. We were excellent of course, took full advantage, but if I was  a Bristol City supporter, I would be disappointed that my team did not set up well enough tactically.

We probably still would have won, we seem to have most of the answers against most teams, but they were not great and not the Bristol City of a couple of years ago.

The space they kept giving our full backs was absolutely criminal and, inevitably, ended up costing them a goal. I don't want to take anything away from Aarons or Sorenson's performances last night as they were brilliant, the latter in particular, but they were given the ideal conditions in which to do so well. It was almost like they haven't watched us this past season and they actually got away with a 2-0 defeat. On another night that could have been 5 or 6 nil.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

"And their left back is best full back Ive seen in league all season. Best player on park I thought. 

It would probably kill that poster if they knew he's not even a natural full back... 😁

Would also probably humiliate them if they didn’t know Buendia only cost us about £1.5m, Pukki and Krul were free agents, and Aarons and Cantwell are both youth team products 😁

Edited by HazzaJet
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Enlightening to see a football forum like Brizzles where posters are civil to each other.....

You just don’t want to be near them if there’s a statue they don’t like!

32 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Enlightening to see a football forum like Brizzles where posters are civil to each other.....

**** off

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, kick it off said:

image.thumb.png.a4e0797bd9af3e26f994404ee2acc00c.png😃

Imagine having a midfielder who had never played left back come in as a temp left back and ends up being called 'the best left back in the divison' by the teams you play

I couldn't believe some of the hype about Casey Palmer and how dangerous he was. We breezed past him and he never had a chance to go forward because he was always facing the wrong way.

we are the Manchester City of the Championship. If you give us the ball back, you ain't gonna see it for a while. And then all you are doing is chasing shadows and getting tired.

Let's face it, we never had to find another gear and had enough chances for a high score.

45 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Then you’ve clearly not read many of their threads...

There’s a few amusing observations on the Bristol Matchday post too

‘Well played Norwich who certainly look the real deal. Krul ought to donate his salary for tonight to charity, given he had nothing to do!’

‘Thanks for the effort, lads. But I think I used up more energy putting on my covid mask for Sainsburys.’

‘The almighty Norwich must look at us and think why can't those pr*cks in Bristol ever get it right?’

‘A nice shot on Sky where you can see a football manager and Dean Holden’

‘If this doesn’t improve soon, I’m turning over to Emmerdale Farm’

‘We had less penetration than a eunuchs orgy‘

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HazzaJet said:

Would also probably humiliate them if they didn’t know Buendia only cost us about £1.5m, Pukki and Krul were free agents, and Aarons and Cantwell are both youth team products 😁

I think Buendia ended up costing us over £5m in the end when we got promoted but still a bargain in anyones eyes.

• Like 2