Crikey, we're thinking we haven't quite finished talking about tonight's game yet! You young'uns... 

• Haha 1

Assuming Quntilla and Mumba are 'covid free'...

Barden

Mumba Zimmerman Omo'dele Quntilla

Rupp    Tettey

Martin        Dowell      Hernandez

Placheta

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Barden

Rupp    Tettey

Placheta

This, except I'd start Hugill to keep his momentum up. Martin to the bench, Placheta out wide.

Barden
Mumba Zimbo Omobamidele Quintilla
Tettey Rupp
Martin Dowell Placheta
Hugill

Subs: Krul, Hanley, Vrancic, Sorensen, McLean, Martin, Cantwell, Hernandez, Omotoye.

Give Aarons, Skipp, Buendia and Pukki a complete rest. Leave Hanley, Sorensen, McLean and Cantwell on the bench unless absolutely necessary (or just 10 minutes at the end to keep fresh).

Please do not start Placheta and Hernandez. Keep one on the bench for chucking at tiring defenders. Both on from the start is the equivalent of coming too early.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Barden
Tettey Rupp
Martin Dowell Placheta
Hugill

Subs: Krul, Hanley, Vrancic, Sorensen, McLean, Martin, Cantwell, Hernandez, Omotoye.

Give Aarons, Skipp, Buendia and Pukki a complete rest. Leave Hanley, Sorensen, McLean and Cantwell on the bench unless absolutely necessary (or just 10 minutes at the end to keep fresh).

I know Farke takes the cup seriously but that is probably the XI I would go for. Possibly start Vrancic in place of Rupp unless he's fully fit. Didn't know we have two Martins in the squad this season though... 😉

Just now, HazzaJet said:

I know Farke takes the cup seriously but that is probably the XI I would go for. Possibly start Vrancic in place of Rupp unless he's fully fit. Didn't know we have two Martins in the squad this season though... 😉

"He's here, here's there, he's every f**king where..."

I had him on the bench originally, then decided to put Onel on the bench as he might not be ready for a start after his long injury lay-off. You can have the spare bench place if you like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

"He's here, here's there, he's every f**king where..."

I had him on the bench originally, then decided to put Onel on the bench as he might not be ready for a start after his long injury lay-off. You can have the spare bench place if you like.

Lol - we all make those kind of mistakes Wolfy. Was unavailable for the Coventry game due to having flu symptoms but an unused sub tonight. He needs game time though and would love to see Emi rested ready for next Saturday against Middlesbrough

• Like 1

Would like to give some players a rest if we can, so I'd be going with:

Barden
Mumba Omobamidele Zimmermann Quintilla
Rupp Tettey
Hernandez Dowell Placheta
Hugill

That's assuming Mumba and Xavi are ok to start after testing positive last week, Zimbo too after injury. If we wanted to give Hugill a rest then we could potentially put Onel up front and Martin on the wing.

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Barden

Rupp    Tettey

Placheta

Good shout. I think I'd play Hugill up top and replace Hernandez with Placheta. 

Farke seems to be taking the cup quite seriously and I wouldn't be surprised if either Hanley or Gibson start.

29 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Good shout. I think I'd play Hugill up top and replace Hernandez with Placheta. 

Farke seems to be taking the cup quite seriously and I wouldn't be surprised if either Hanley or Gibson start.

To be fair, centre-halves don't tend to cover anywhere near as much ground as central midfielders so often don't need a breather as much, so it is certainly feasible that one of them starts. Central midfielders and wing-backs tend to cover the most.

I wouldn’t risk any of our first choice players, it’s just not worth it at this stage. We can effectively put out a B team that should be competitive with some of the big guns in the bench, should we really need them. 

I would play our strongest possible team, but no idea what that is. Certainly need pace against Barnsley, assuming the way play against us is the same way as they did last time.

I recon we have a really good chance to go a long way in the cup this season, would really love to see us up against some Prem opposition with the current level of confidence running through the side. We should certainly be able to progress to the point where the top teams start taking things seriously, and then who knows.

13 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

Crikey, we're thinking we haven't quite finished talking about tonight's game yet! You young'uns... 

No patience, must be female 🙄

For me there's no coincidence that the two week game break for a lot of first teamers (due to cup game) for the first time in months has been followed up with 2 good, convincing wins. Max Aarons for example looked rested and peppy, and this I believe played a role in his excellent work for our second last night.

I don't think we will see complete rotation but the chance to rest players at this stage of the season is invaluable. If covid-free ideally I'd see pretty much the same line up as in the previous round, with maybe Rupp or Martin to come in.

20 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

No patience, must be female 🙄

Females are the most patient people I know, 2 hours to get ready for anything is a patient art

• Haha 1

Assuming Mumba and Quintilla return from covid.

Barden

Mumba Omabamidele Zimm Quintilla

Tettey Rupp

Hernandez Dowell Placheta

Hugill

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

I would play our strongest possible team, but no idea what that is. Certainly need pace against Barnsley, assuming the way play against us is the same way as they did last time.

I recon we have a really good chance to go a long way in the cup this season, would really love to see us up against some Prem opposition with the current level of confidence running through the side. We should certainly be able to progress to the point where the top teams start taking things seriously, and then who knows.

...you have seen the draw for the next round?!?

14 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Barden

Rupp    Tettey

Placheta

Based on Farke's historic cup selections I'd be really surprised if we saw a fully rotated 11, although we certainly have the players to justify one!

Farke however usually leaves a bit of a spine of the first team regulars with recent game time. 

So I expect something more like: 

-------------------------------Barden-------------------------------

--Mumba---Zimmerman-----Gibson----Quintilla---

------------------------Rupp----------Sorenson----------------

-----Dowell--------------Cantwell*---------Placheta**---

--------------------------------Hugill----------------------------------

*Although I'm sure both could use a rest, I think we'll see one of Buendia / Cantwell start, they are so instrumental to how we play I don't think we would do well with neither involved. 

**Placheta over Hernandez as he appears to be closer to a start based on his sub appearances since injury. Hernandez to come on for the final 25-30 minutes. 

Also wouldn't be surprised to see one of Skipp or Tettey start where I've put Sorenson, or even Aarons in for Quintilla and Mumba at LB - but I'm advocating we rest these 3 in the above!

Mumba and Quintella will not be playing will still be isolating or too late to include.  Should only have best players on bench.  Although take the game seriously but an unnecessary tie against Chelsea is not to be entertained.  Chelsea will beat Luton Lampard under pressure to get results FA Cup lifeline for Lamps.  If Zimm fit, Omo needs to be tried as partner especially if left sided CB.  FB's would be Sorensen RB and Iannopoullus (if work permitted), Aarons on bench will want to play.  Hernandez to start on left needs game time and Martin and Dowell to replace Emi and Cantw also need gan me time.  Tettey and Rupp as DM's.  Hope Omotoye given some game time to show what he can do.  Toosoon for Idah.

A much changed line up but talented enough for Barnsley.  

27 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...you have seen the draw for the next round?!?

Yep and I had forgotten 😳  Not used to these new draws, still, who knows nothing is impossible 😀

Edited by Van wink

15 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Barden
Tettey Rupp
Martin Dowell Placheta
Hugill

This, except I think Hernandez may get a start instead of Placheta. Plus would like to see Omotoye get 30 minutes for Hugill at the end. Don't really care about the result, it's all about keeping the squad fresh and fit.

18 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

This, except I think Hernandez may get a start instead of Placheta. Plus would like to see Omotoye get 30 minutes for Hugill at the end. Don't really care about the result, it's all about keeping the squad fresh and fit.

I considered that, but I think Placheta and Martin are more match fit. Hernandez has barely played in months, so it makes sense to give him half an hour or so (or maybe even a half) to ease him back in gradually.

14 hours ago, Pukki Blinders said:

Would like to give some players a rest if we can, so I'd be going with:

Barden
Mumba Omobamidele Zimmermann Quintilla
Rupp Tettey
Hernandez Dowell Placheta
Hugill

That's assuming Mumba and Xavi are ok to start after testing positive last week, Zimbo too after injury. If we wanted to give Hugill a rest then we could potentially put Onel up front and Martin on the wing.

Looks good, and gets vital minutes into plenty of players who haven’t featured much this season, which is as important for their morale and feeling ‘part of it’ as it is game time under their belt I feel.

Definitely don’t want to get knocked out of the cup at this stage - if anything just because it’ll be like the first ever season where, in terms of our chances of progressing, we’ll be rooting for Chelsea to win and not bloody Luton.

Which will probably get Frank the sack. And then he can go back to Derby as assistant so we can see the BBC creaming themselves with headlines such as ‘Tonights games - League leaders Norwich take on Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard’s Derby County at the Wayne and Frank Arena’

• Like 1

16 hours ago, king canary said:

This, except I'd start Hugill to keep his momentum up. Martin to the bench, Placheta out wide.

+1 ..............that's what I would do.

27 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Which will probably get Frank the sack. And then he can go back to Derby as assistant so we can see the BBC creaming themselves with headlines such as ‘Tonights games - League leaders Norwich take on Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard’s Derby County at the Wayne and Frank Arena’

If this ever happens I pray for a commentator who is prone to spoonerisms.

I think the Fayne and W*nk Arena has a nice ring to it and sounds curiously appropriate to a team like Derby County. 

10 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

If this ever happens I pray for a commentator who is prone to spoonerisms.

I think the Fayne and W*nk Arena has a nice ring to it and sounds curiously appropriate to a team like Derby County. 

Almost inevitable that comes to fruition if we can get the Cardiff boys off IFollow commentating Thirsty!

Edited by Alex Moss

I think we should play a reasonably strong side. I'd like to see how we fare against Chelsea - they're not playing particularly well at the moment and I'd fancy us to give them a game. And it would serve as a yardstick should we go up.

• Like 1